H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale
Default Re: AM General shuts down H2 plant

How could someone possibly worry about "no dealer network to support it" when the H2 is a GM vehicle! Unless GM disapears off the map there will ALWAYS be dealers to support it.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

AK47 is on a distinguished road

There made in Russia as well

www.euroco-corp.com

http://www.hummertruckworld.com/EUROCO/

Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

dallas007 is on a distinguished road

You have to give Hummer owners credit for one thing, and that is they are a great group of optimist's !! One reads they are shutting down the plant and the sense is it is a good thing with many benefits. We read in another post that Lynch Hummer is "up for sale" and the sense is, it is ok as they are only selling the building and not the vehicles. I have been looking at the prices of H2's since last year and have not seen a sudden spike in prices but I may be missing some certain market so I am not saying it is not true. I know they are having some decent financing on Hummer's but it does not seem to help, not does the cheap gas.

Unless you are hard-core Hummer, which 99% of you fine folks here are, I hear more about how one would have to be somewhat crazy to invest in a Hummer at this time. This time next year the readers of this site will either be kicking themselves they purchased a Hummer, or, they will be saying "I told you so" as the 2010's are rolling off of someone's assembly line.

I got rid of my Ford Excursion back in 2003 as they were going to stop making them and got an H2. There are still a lot of them out there but they are not bringing a premium price because they are no longer made. I realize Ford is still around so it is not like Hummer should they pull the plug. I just got a new Kelly Blue Book and it is incredible to see the amount of depreciation there is on one. As shared earlier I was close to getting a Hummer from Lynch Hummer. They had many 2008's with a few thousand miles on them selling for $40,500. New they are $65,000+, right?? The sales manager told me someone else took the depreciation "hit" to drive those few thousand miles. Now who would go out today and spend $65-70,000 knowing 24 hours later you will loose those kind of dollars? I work for an insurance company and our clients are getting absolutely killed on betterment/depreciation. They owe ten's of thousands of dollars more than the current actual cash value is. Especially those folks that used the 0% financing. It is a real shame what is happening.

It will be fun to look back and see who called this the right way. I think people that buy Hummer's just love them and no matter what the cost or what the payments are, they are going to have one. I just can't help get the sense the pool of folks that have this deep desire is starting to dry up a little. Like most of you, I hope Hummer is here to stay!!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas007
You have to give Hummer owners credit for one thing, and that is they are a great group of optimist's !! One reads they are shutting down the plant and the sense is it is a good thing with many benefits. We read in another post that Lynch Hummer is "up for sale" and the sense is, it is ok as they are only selling the building and not the vehicles. I have been looking at the prices of H2's since last year and have not seen a sudden spike in prices but I may be missing some certain market so I am not saying it is not true. I know they are having some decent financing on Hummer's but it does not seem to help, not does the cheap gas.

I remember many years back watching the cartoon Gullivers Travels. There was a little guy called Glum, a tiny tiny, guy, he was part of the lilliputians... Gulliver (the giant) was once tied down and when he broke loose he got up mad and started pulling trees out of the ground and chucking them as the little people were running in different directions. Glum just sat there and didn't run, I don't know if he was just depressed or as his name suggests gloomy.. But, I will never forget his quote, he just looked at the camera and said, "We're in enough trouble as it is already, why throw trees"...

I'm not exactly sure why I just wrote this but I just had to share that one, I love that one...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

dallas007 I think you are correct in the idea that Hummer people are Hummer people and that is why and what they drive. Most do not or in past have not bought one if they could not afford one.

I had a chance to buy a 2005 H2 on 4/28/04 and did so with a good dealer cost type deal. It was unheard of where I'm from at the time not to go to a Hummer lot and expect to be negotiating around list pricing especially on an H2 a half year early. It is just that I have never paid more than invoice and being familiar with the 2 dealer invoice routine they try to pull I did all my homework and had a good idea of what real invoice should be. It also helps to have $50,000 cash for them to see in April 2004 as it makes them drool etc. So I got an 05 on 4/28/04 that listed for $67,952 plus change. Back then it was a steal for real.

The thing is I wanted a Hummer from the time it first was available as an H1. I kept watching and going by and looking then H2 came out an I started my H2 savings project.

Those that really look to the off-road use, public service function, and then those of us that just no matter how practical your outlook for justifying the need for a Hummer, some of us just plain doggonit had to just have one because it just IS.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I'm one of those guys that saw the '03 and just had to have one. Getting one under sticker price was unheard of then. Then I just had to have it lifted, put on the big tires, change the axle gear, put on the gobi rack and light bar etc.- Hummer lovers are familiar with this story. I love my '06 SUT as much as the '03 (maybe more) and at one time we had two H2s. Fortunately, my wife is as much a Hummer fan as I am.
I've been driving a Hummer H2 for over six years now and it's still fun everytime I crank it up. I've taken a doctor to the hospital in a snow storm with it and took a pregnant neighbor to the hospital in a blizzard with it. I've taken numerous people from our office home in blizzards in my H2 and traversed a few flooded roads and creeks. It gives me peace of mind to know I can go in almost any weather almost anywhere.
I'm hoping someone keeps the light on at the H2 factory, but if that doesn't happen there is an AMPLE supply of H2 parts around it's just a matter of money. If something has to be machined, my H2 repainted, or the engine has to be rebuilt, so be it. If they stop making them, I'll do whatever is necessary to keep this one like new, I plan on having this H2 many many more years. I WOULDN'T DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE! If gas goes back to $4 a gallon, so what - the H2 is much more than transportation for me, it's a hobby and lifestyle. You gotta pay to play!

Hummer, like nothing else

Last edited by HummerMann : 02-05-2009 at 05:42 PM.