H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So during the first sunny day here in NJ I took a look at where the wire makes its way into the cabin through the roof light and see the Black silicone actually moving freely and was no longer bonded to the roof. I bet that’s where the leak is coming from; most likely why I got the water through the on star microphone.

Anyway, I bought some RV Silicone and plan to re silicone it tonight before tomorrows rain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected, that silicone was clear, you were right Jonahs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you had just heeded Jonahs' (LasVegas') first post.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heeded? Thats why I looked there first.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Expert

So anyway I took the light marker off and then it was obvious to me what was wrong. First off as I mentioned above, clear silicone was used and is did not adhere to the rubber seal as well to the metal roof. In addition, the black rubber seal was not seated properly in the hole. That’s what she said,…

Anyway, I removed the clear silicone, reconfigured the wires and got the black seal to seal correctly. This is all new to me, as I did not install the light bar myself.

I then bought RV Black Silicone “Gasket” and siliconed the **** out of it. Gave it one application around the seal and the middle where the wires come out of the seal. For those that don’t know, when the wire for the off road light is ran, there is a small hole made in the gasket to allow for the wiring to makes it way into the cabin. This is the same hole I suspect which may have been allowing the water in.

I let the first application of Silicone stand for about 2 hours, and then applied a second coat.

So rain is forecasted for Fri, Sat and Sunday, so I will see if this resolved the issue this weekend.

Anyway Thanks Again Jonahs
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Please keep us updated. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Good luck JMV1210 that fix it on mine as I mentioned before that was the problem on mine too keep us posted
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spike:
Joe,
Take off the "A" pillar garnish. If it is wet behind it, than it is the marker light. If it is dry, then look at the rubber boot that surrounds the wiring harness where it passes through the front door jamb. That was where my truck was leaking from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did you go through water?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Car wash.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Car wash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nahhh Spike is a hand washer, he never brings his rig to the car wash. Plus he has the OEM off road lights, so his rig has some addtional height to it-

Ken when are you guys going camping?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

April 30. Want to go? I thought I included you in the first thread, must not have. Sorry. Let us know.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">April 30. Want to go? I thought I included you in the first thread, must not have. Sorry. Let us know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I bought a tent, sleeping bags and all the other stuff from Costco last week because I want to go, but I have not indicated that I was even interested to you guys.

Reason why is last year I was going to go and didn’t do to a death, Now thisApril, I am supposed to be closing on my new townhouse (new construction) in late April, Early May, I am afraid of conflicts with the camping trip. You know how that can be they keep telling you they are behind. For example the original closing was supposed to be Feb 1st, 2005. Anyway, I don’t ant to say I am going to go until I know I can definitely go-

So is there always room or do you need to know weeks before to reserve a space?

The guys only no wife’s no kids? Or wife’s /girlfriends only….. no kids?

Also NJH2 (JIM), which is consequently doing my mortgage for me, was thinking of going too.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

I'll send you two a pm in a minute.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Exploding People is off the scale

a simple solution is to explain to you that an H2 is a car, not a boat
Old 04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sundown94 is off the scale

Hey Everyone! I finally found this website by doing a search thru google.com. I live in the northeast and have not only been dealing with flooding rivers, creeks, and roadways lately, but also a flooded driverside floor in my '04 H2. I have been living with this problem since the beginning of the winter and have been waiting for the warmer weather to finally arrive so that I can get the garden hose and figure out my problem. Over the course of the winter, I have tried searching for other people with a similar problem (using google), but I must not have typed the right combination of keywords. Anyway, just today on my way into work (after sopping up another flood from last night's rain), I thought to myself: I can't believe after all of the H2s that have been built, I ended up with the ONE that leaks. Now that I found this forum, not only do I know now that I am NOT the only ONE with leaks, I also have a pretty good idea of where it might be coming from. Because of the aftermarket light bar that I have (its the one that you can order directly from the dealership), I have suspected all winter that it might be the corner roof light, so I am going to start with that. Thanks to everyone for helping each other out here, because that help may have just helped me too!!! At the very least, it has made me feel better that I am not the only one with a massive leak. :-)

Steve-
White '04 H2 LUX, all options (except NAV system), DVD system, backup camera, lightbar, etc.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned

I dig letters like that. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

Welcome to the forum, Sundown. Let us know how the fix goes.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:34 AM

hummerNCO is off the scale

Hey Sundown94,

I know how you feel. I had my truck a while and then found this site via a Google search as well. I was delighted to discover so many people who had similar experiences, not only with technical things, but with the overall Hummer experience. Some of the stuff here has been hugely entertaining too. Heck, I even got an English lesson once.

I’ve been thinking of using a hose to search for my leak too. I just had the dealer put in new padding and clean the carpet and seal a bunch of places where the leaks were suspected. If it still leaks, I think I’m going to stick the damn hose in through the sunroof, fill the damn thing with water and see where it’s coming OUT.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Banned

LMAO!

HNCO, Whether drastic or hyperbole, very, very funny!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

T, KenP, HNCO,
Thank you for the greetings. AS important as fixing my leak is, I have not been home long enough yet to take apart the light and throw a bead of sealant in there. Not to mention that I also don't want to throw just any ol' kind of sealant in there either. I want to get the right kind...the kind that will actually adhere to the surfaces it is applied to (roof, lightbar wires, etc.). Having said that, does anyone know the actual name of the correct sealant? I know a few people said "RTV Sealant"...is that the brand name? Can I find it at my local Pep Boys, or do I need to go somewhere else, like maybe a marine store or something? I hope to pick up the stuff tonight and then apply it tomorrow (I get out of work so late that I currently only have enough daylight to do one errand per evening...so that sucks too). :-) So hey, thanks again for welcoming me to the discussion group...I look forward to hanging out and possibly providing someone else with something that might be helpful.

Sun-
Old 04-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

I think the important part is the "Adhesive" designation in the name. You should be able to get it at any parts or hardware store.
RTV Adhesive Silicone
Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks KenP. I will be looking for it tonight. I am so hopeful that this works...I am very eager to finally NOT have to wear boots (or snorkel gear) when getting in the truck after a major rain storm... :-)
Old 04-15-2005, 05:01 AM

khiarrr is off the scale

My truck's wet on both driver and passenger side under the carpet...

The dealer at West Covina couldn't do anything about it 3 times, and I think they're just lying about fixing anything... I think they're just drying it and handing the car over to me (which I don't think is legal handing a car over to a 16 year old)

Any ideas on what's the problem or what I can do to fix the car, or get a new one?

It was one of the first H2's in California. We got it June of 2002, so I think it could be one of the guinea pigs.