H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Where on Golden Spike is that Hill??? I did Golden Spike 2 years (or was it 3?) ago and it doesn't look familiar. Even driving Stick with Open Differentials I would give that hill a whirl. Would be a rush if nothing else.

Golden Spike is "supposed" to take 8-10 hrs with a small...motivated group. Me and 2 H1's pounded through it in 7...although I would not want to keep that pace again (in my little s10 on 31's). A group of 3-5 movtivated H2's could probably do it in 6-7 hrs. 10+ H2's and you are looking 10-12+ hrs.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

It took 16 hours total. We had a little breakage, i.e. T/case, axle shafts, and had to strap out 2 trucks. We did do alot of the optional obstacles though, and the film crew wanted some "money" shots of course. It was the best 16 hours I've ever had!

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Hummer Authority

1 thing to note...my time estimates are assuming no breakage, and only limited site seeing/posing for Pics with a 30-60 minutes lunch break.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Hummer Expert

In reference to Shaggy's estimate which was pretty good, I was told by Bill Damm and Dan Mick that the base time is 6 hours for experienced drivers. After 7 vehicles, you add 1 hour for every vehicle. This is with no breakage of course.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

So, after looking in Charles Well's Moab book, it shows Golden Spike being two trails harder than Hell's Revenge. How much tougher is this trail? On, Hell's there are ways around the few hard obstacles and has a few optional ones.
Anyone run this in an H2?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Tim...I avoided at least 75% of the "Optional Obsticles" and I still needed to be pulled at least 5 times. 3 of those times were due to clearance (set my truck on the frame ), so the H2 should be better off.

Let me put it this way. Hell's with all optional obsticles is still a couple of notches easier than Golden Spike without any optional obsticles. Very doable without any damage in an H2 with a good, patient driver, and a good spotter. It is not a good trail for those without patients (cough..Alec...cough).
Old 06-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

GeneseeMtn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That looks awesome! How long did it take you to go thru Golden Spike? Shag said it takes forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

8 a.m. until 11 p.m. was our run time of Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Rim Exit. We had 11 trucks. A smaller group would go much faster.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, after looking in Charles Well's Moab book, it shows Golden Spike being two trails harder than Hell's Revenge. How much tougher is this trail? On, Hell's there are ways around the few hard obstacles and has a few optional ones.
Anyone run this in an H2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll want to do all the "optional" obstacles, or you'll be kicking yourself afterwards. I think the only one we mostly bypassed was the body snatcher - 2 of 11 trucks went through it with less than 1" clearance. H2's might fit better.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneseeMtn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That looks awesome! How long did it take you to go thru Golden Spike? Shag said it takes forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

8 a.m. until 11 p.m. was our run time of Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Rim Exit. We had 11 trucks. A smaller group would go much faster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, we had 11 H1's and 2 Jeeps.
Dan Mick - Rubicon
Travis -yellow OT H1
Jimmy - yellow OT H1
Dave(me) - black "Harley" H1 wagon
Dave - black flamed H1 wagon
Shane - Silver OT H1
Steffen - Tan lifted HT H1
Shawn - white H1 wagon
Eric - Charcoal OT wagon H1
Jerry - black slantback H1
Ray - red H1 wagon
Film Crew - black HMMWV
Tailgunner - Rubicon
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

How modded were those Rubicons?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Expert

2" lift and maybe 33" BFG A/T's. Thats about it.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

[/quote]: I think the only one we mostly bypassed was the body snatcher - 2 of 11 trucks went through it with less than 1" clearance. H2's might fit better.[/quote]
If it means a BETTER body, I'm in!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
2" lift and maybe 33" BFG A/T's. Thats about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm there.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Hummer Guru

GMPartsguy: You said the film crew was in an HMMWV. What is that? I know I should know, but I don't.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
GMPartsguy: You said the film crew was in an HMMWV. What is that? I know I should know, but I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HMMWV = Humvee = Military H1

Dave
Old 06-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
GMPartsguy: You said the film crew was in an HMMWV. What is that? I know I should know, but I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn Soccer Moms don't even know the heritage of their own vehicle.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
GMPartsguy: You said the film crew was in an HMMWV. What is that? I know I should know, but I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn Soccer Moms don't even know the heritage of their own vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep! That's me! Soccer Mommy Superior! Say that again, and I won't share the peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches with you. Scooby.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
GMPartsguy: You said the film crew was in an HMMWV. What is that? I know I should know, but I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn Soccer Moms don't even know the heritage of their own vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you don't know squat about the female anatomy, so you're even.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">" lift and maybe 33" BFG A/T's. Thats about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

& Terra-Flex suspensions.