H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta love that column mounted shifter on the Caddy!

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!
-------------------------------------------
Old 07-21-2003, 02:55 PM

Dunefreak is off the scale

I spoke with the shop that runs nav-tv.com to see if they make a module to allow tv on the nav. THEY DO, but only for the GM nav that is the one where the Nav DVD is located out of the main nav unit. I guess they said the module is for the version that goes in the Denali. Anyone seen one of these? I wonder if that system would also work in the H2. I like to build Nav/Video systems that appear stock in my venicles. I think they are less likely to become a target for thieves. The one I had sone in my BMW 740 all hides when not in use except for the screens in the backs of the headrests which are not seen throught the tinted windows. I would like to do the same sort of setup in the H2.
1999 BMW 740iL Black
Old 08-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Any idea if VSS parts are needed for dead reckoning and how they will hook up?

Old 08-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems like GM is really in the dark with GPS. Perhaps they could have Honda do a little engineering for them. Their systems are quite good from what I here. I can forgive them for not having it all together for the first year, but for the 2004 the H2 should be state of the art. This is after all a luxury car by their standards. If Garmin can put together a very good GPS in a 4"x4"x9" box or even a Palm PC sized object why can't GM do the same or better inside something as large as an H2 and keep the 6CD player?.
NJ H2 - I'm not quite sure what your reffering to, but FYI Garmin is about to release a street pilot GPS that has dead reckoning capability. As I have never had any GPS yet I am not sure how important this is. It seems like a lot of extra hook ups to attach if its not part of a gps intergrated into the dash. I'm also not sure if dead reckoning would work off road where direction changes may be frequent and subtle, as opposed to city driving where you will more often make 90° turns.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
NJ H2 - I'm not quite sure what your reffering to, but FYI Garmin is about to release a street pilot GPS that has dead reckoning capability. As I have never had any GPS yet I am not sure how important this is. It seems like a lot of extra hook ups to attach if its not part of a gps intergrated into the dash. I'm also not sure if dead reckoning would work off road where direction changes may be frequent and subtle, as opposed to city driving where you will more often make 90° turns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) Hooks to the The Transfer Case Module and to the back of the DVD NAV. It will keep you on track even if you have no signal from the Satellites, by telling the NAV how fast you are going and if you go in reverse. Basically, it keeps you on track in conjunction with the Satellites.
As for showing your position off road it does on my ML, and I would guess this 1 would also.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

BKLYNH@, Dead reckoning is of value both on and off road. All of GARMI's 3000 series products will have it for 04'. The reason they can incorporate it now is you can now TRIANGULATE off of up to 7 satellites instead of 3.