H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
Dont know when you dumped your condo but we have seen exponential appreciation in the past three years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Before exponential appreciation

It was six or seven years ago. I actually haven't been back to Destin in the past 3 or 4 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was still in Baton Rouge up untill about 3 years ago, but my guess would be you would hardly recognize Destin(although you clearly did from the photos). It has really boomed.

Not sure which unit you owned but here is a recent sell in the same building. It sold in August for right under 2.4million:

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/li...sp?ID=75164276

If you remember your unit # i can tell you what it last sold for but then again that might disgust you if i havent already.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can’t you guys keep up? We moved past Chinese take-out and are now talking about Real-estate and finance.

Sheeesh…. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess thats my fault....im getting off topic again

Old 01-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Hummer Authority

[/quote]

Guess thats my fault....im getting off topic again[/quote]

Look out, im up to 219. I probably wont get up as high as you guys as i wouldnt pad my post.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess thats my fault....im getting off topic again[/quote]

Look out, im up to 219. I probably wont get up as high as you guys as i wouldnt pad my post.[/quote]I thought you were talking about your weight.

I like realestate.

Someone has a scarrrrry new avatar....
Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Dont know when you dumped your condo but we have seen exponential appreciation in the past three years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Before exponential appreciation

It was six or seven years ago. I actually haven't been back to Destin in the past 3 or 4 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was still in Baton Rouge up untill about 3 years ago, but my guess would be you would hardly recognize Destin(although you clearly did from the photos). It has really boomed.

Not sure which unit you owned but here is a recent sell in the same building. It sold in August for right under 2.4million:

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/li...sp?ID=75164276

If you remember your unit # i can tell you what it last sold for but then again that might disgust you if i havent already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have no idea what the unit number was. It was the first floor of condos (or on the second floor if you consider the garage and storage on the first) on the west side of the building. We had the balcony that had steps down to the parking and wrapped all the way around the condo on both sides (pass and harbor sides). We owned it as Emerald Isle, LLC.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I'm a little late here (especially for an OT highjack).

But here are some pictures of Rosie!

She is a cross between a Hippo and a land manatee.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Hummer Professional

and one more of her graduation from Pets Mart training. Its was a proud day for us.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Longhorn, that's a really good looking dog! What's her age and weight, and where'd you get her?

Here's Enzo, looking like the cat that ate the canary (or in this case, the bulldog that destroyed another plant)...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Hummer Professional

She's almost 3 years but is undersized so most people think she's a puppy. She weighs about 42 lbs.

We did a lot of research but ended up getting her locally from a breeder that has been extremely active in the Austin Bulldog Club for over 13 years. We're actually her second owners but thats a lengthy story.

We were able to go see lots and lots of their dogs to get a good feel for genetics, temperament and health.

She has been great!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have no idea what the unit number was. It was the first floor of condos (or on the second floor if you consider the garage and storage on the first) on the west side of the building. We had the balcony that had steps down to the parking and wrapped all the way around the condo on both sides (pass and harbor sides). We owned it as Emerald Isle, LLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I looked in tax rolls as was not able to find an Emerald Isle, LLC, but i did find Mississippi Emerald LLC and it looks like this one is a ground level. The unit number is 243 and looks like it was sold 4-24-02 to a Mary Parrish from Dothan...does this ring a bell?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

We were able to go see lots and lots of their dogs to get a good feel for genetics, temperament and health.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that is very important when purchasing a bulldog. So many of them have bad health and occasionally nasty temperments(can be very alpha--not friendly with other male dogs mostly). Heres a couple more recent pictures of Hoss:

this was obviously at christmas:

Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Longhorn,

Wow, she looks much bigger than my 9 month old pups, but is actually 8 pounds lighter (each of mine weigh about 50). Our vet says that they won't grow any taller or longer, but will fill out a bit. I'm not sure yet if that'll hold true, but I was hoping for more massive dogs (not huge, just more along the lines of what I expect full-grown bulldogs to look like). My wife will be happy if they stay smallish, though, and I still ove 'em all the same.

We got ours from a breeder just outside of Waco. My wife lined it all up, and let's just say that I trusted her research when I shouldn't have. Both have great temperament, but... Except for the male having pneumonia (aspirated vomit while play-fighting with the female), he's been very healthy. The female has had a few bouts of stomach illness probably related to eating plants in the yard (now completely removed), and we just spent $4,000.00 on her for elbow surgery on both front legs for bone sculpting and bone chip removal.

Also, we found out the hard way that both are allergic to wheat (common in bulldogs from what I've read), so we had to change their food (lots of wheat in lots of dog foods). A funny thing about this...On my hunting lease there are cow pastures, so when I return from hunting, there's always cow crap stuck to the bottom of my SUT. Both dogs love to eat cow crap. The cows eat nothing but wheat. So, if I'm not careful, the dogs will sneak a bite of cow crap off my truck and then break out with welts. LOL!

I'd apologize to Boss for hijacking his thread so bad, but knowing how he loves bulldogs, I'm sure he doesn't mind. Right, Boss?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Hummer Authority

[QUOTE}I'd apologize to Boss for hijacking his thread so bad, but knowing how he loves bulldogs, I'm sure he doesn't mind. Right, Boss? [/quote]

Nah, not at all. This may not be the right place to say this but talking about bulldogs ranks slightly higher than talking about Hummers in my book. If i didnt think my face would be photoshopped on an assortment of lovely pictures id post the pic of Hoss at my wedding .Pete since we are on bulldogs, i dont think i told you my brother has Hoss's littermate brother--this guy is a MONSTER! Hes much bigger than Hoss but has a great loving friendly disposition, not to mention both him and Hoss are very healthy. BYW,Its good to see some pics of your girl finally.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Hummer Authority

Actually, Boss, you sent me pics of your brother's dog a while back, but I can't ever get too many dog pics...LOL.

I wish I'd know about Renascence (sp?) before, but I don't love mine any less for not knowing.

Did you see the pic of Enzo above, also?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Hummer Authority

I did see it but thought it was Lola...looking back hes AWESOME! From that picture looks like his conformation is great... Nice noggin, ears set nicely. Sometimes i wish it was feasable to have a herd of bullies running around. We are going to be getting Hoss a girlfriend in the next couple months. Im just watching out for the right girl out of the right litter.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Hummer Authority

Yeah, he's definitely higher quality than Lola.

Be sure to send me pics of the new gal!!! That's exciting stuff!

I've sent my wife the pics of Hoss and Hurc, and I think she's getting a complex thinking that I like your dog and your brother's better than ours. LOL!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I looked in tax rolls as was not able to find an Emerald Isle, LLC, but i did find Mississippi Emerald LLC and it looks like this one is a ground level. The unit number is 243 and looks like it was sold 4-24-02 to a Mary Parrish from Dothan...does this ring a bell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be it. Emerald Isle........ Mississippi Emerald, shows my stellar memory.

It actually isn't ground level, because there are garages and storage at the ground level, but anyway, that was it.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Hummer Authority

I thought that was it. Looks like you sold for around 800k. That unit hasnt sold since but the one that was sold in August for $2,400,000 appears to be a comparible to yours. Same building, same sq. ft, only two stories higher but its not a penthouse so value should be equivalant.