H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

H2 Bill, I am picking up my H2 tonight. They installed the 4.56 gears with a front e locker, the Ron Davis Radiator, and a new 180 degree thermostat. I will keep you posted on the results.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Kdio,
Great to hear you have a dealership that is willing to work with you.
In Northern Ca (I'm guessing) I doubt you guys see many 120 degree days so you'll probalby never expereience any over heating issues but your truck should be all set to tow anything up the side of a mountain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kdio:
H2 Bill, I am picking up my H2 tonight. They installed the 4.56 gears with a front e locker, the Ron Davis Radiator, and a new 180 degree thermostat. I will keep you posted on the results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

kdio, good to hear that you are done! Let me know how it works out. Mine is running cooler with the new radiator (BeCool) and am looking forward to testing it this weekend. It's supposed to be 106 today....
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Fubar, My dealership has gone way beyond the call of duty. They are great. I had the radiator and gears installed by a speciality shop at the recomendation of the head mechanic at Hummer.
We don't get into the 120 degrees days but it can get to 110 degrees. I believe my trouble is a lean fuel mixture, which is being corrected by a new program that magnacharger has sent to me. I will let you know how it goes next time I drive up to Lake Tahoe.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

H2 Bill, Did you replace the radiator fluid with Dexacool? The shop that installed my radiator calls it Deathcool. There is a large class action suit out on this product and did not recommend that I use it. He used a Prestone product that is non corrosive to aluminum, and recommends that you change the fluid at least every 24 months.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

kdio, yes I did. I have never heard of that. What is the product that is recommended then?
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Hummer Deity

Kdio,
thanks for the info.

How did you get Magna Charger to agree to a new program or custom programming? I have always believed that they simply installed a generic control program and that was only at the time of purchase of one of there units.

At 110 unless you're pulling a trailer you'll probably not have much trouble if any at all with the cooling system on the H2. I had a couple of issues at or arround 110 but only because the fans were not comming on at the correct point or not until the engine was too hot for the fans to cool down. The 2-3 weeks we had temps at or arround 120 I couldn't drive 3 blocks without the truck starting to over heat.

Hopefully your set up will be the answer for you. I'm still waiting for Towbin to do something... Anything...They've had my truck for 8 weeks now.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Fubar,
When I called Magnacharger and talked to their technical department, they offered to reprogram my computer. I gave them the list of all the additional modifications I did to my H2 and they programed it accordingly. I have put about 40,000 miles on my H2 with the supercharger installed, so they thought I might have an outdated programs. When the Magnacharger system first came out, I put it on.

It seems more and more H2 are starting to have over heating issues. When I was on the phone with Ron Davis Radiator, they said they have been receiving a lot of calls from H2 owners with similar problems. Magnacharger recommended that I call Ron Davis Radiator, and my overheating problems would go away.

So far with the new radiator installed the enging temperature is running cooler and the transmission is also running cooler. I am driving up to Lake Tahoe on Wednesday, this will be the test. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Deity

Very cool,
have a good trip to Tahoe.

I called Ron Davis after getting the same advice from the folks at Magana Charger. The person I spoke with at Ron Davis said they didn't carry a radiator in stock for the H2 but would happily build one. So I took this info the the idiots at Towbin only to be told that going with an aluminum radiator would only get me 5 degrees of additional cooling. My response was "It's a start"...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kdio:
Fubar,
When I called Magnacharger and talked to their technical department, they offered to reprogram my computer. I gave them the list of all the additional modifications I did to my H2 and they programed it accordingly. I have put about 40,000 miles on my H2 with the supercharger installed, so they thought I might have an outdated programs. When the Magnacharger system first came out, I put it on.

It seems more and more H2 are starting to have over heating issues. When I was on the phone with Ron Davis Radiator, they said they have been receiving a lot of calls from H2 owners with similar problems. Magnacharger recommended that I call Ron Davis Radiator, and my overheating problems would go away.

So far with the new radiator installed the enging temperature is running cooler and the transmission is also running cooler. I am driving up to Lake Tahoe on Wednesday, this will be the test. I will let you know how it goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

kdio - did you have your work done at Hummer of Sac?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

H2_SUT_SC,
No they did not do this work. I had S&H 4 wheel drive do the Gear change with a front elocker, and they changed the radiator for me. Hummer of Sacramento would have done the radiator, but Miles (head mechanic) suggested S&H for my gear change and since the truck was there had them do the work.

I have Hummer of Sacramento do pretty much everything on my H2. They have been great to work with.