H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Aside frrom the advice of a few of my buds, can F5fstop, or Chevyhighperformance weigh in on this subject?
Prease
Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
Aside frrom the advice of a few of my buds, can F5fstop, or Chevyhighperformance weigh in on this subject?
Prease

I've been reading this thread off and on. I'm not sure I understand all of the conditions when you feel the jerk (i.e., throttle position, brake pressure (if any), how long you were decelerating, how fast you let off the throttle (there is a throttle fast decay fuel shut off), does the jerk feel like it is accelerating or decelerating the H3, etc. If you shift to 3rd (or neutral) and decelerate, do you still feel the jerk? If the H3 is parked in neutral with the parking brake on, can you rotate the front and rear driveshafts more than a few degrees - do you hear a clank which may indicate too much ring/pinion slop? Could it be the fly-by-wire throttle body? Not sure - I changed the inlet and out air flow through mine to have a more laminar flow and may have fixed an unknown problem???

For example, here is a stock Silverado SS's torque converter lock/unlock tables for cruise mode (the H3's will be different but similar structure). The top row shows throttle position from 0% to 100%. The left column shows what speed the TTC is applied per gear and what speed is the TTC is release per gear. For fourth gear, the speeds vary some for low throttle positions. This would make sense if you are at highway speeds (4th gear) and slow down. If you lightly accelerate just after the TCC unlocks it may try to relock very soon which will cause a slight jerk. You can see that the TCC never locks in 2nd gear. I'm not saying this is what you feel - this was just meant to be an example of the complexity of the tranny operating parameters. There are similar tables for line pressure, shift speed, etc.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

In decellerating from 65 mph or more,(letting my foot off the gas to slow down) when you begin to accellerate (put pressure on the accellerator pedal), there is a deep sounding (like when you forget to downshift and try to take off....lugging the engine) clunk/jerk before it will shift down to accellerate.Usually around 2000 RPM's.

I will do it while in 4th and in 3rd. It does not do it in 2nd or 1st.