H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-28-2003, 02:06 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

I am sure you have the steps on your H2 and I am sure you like the cargo area for your walker.... OLD MAN

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

Old 11-28-2003, 02:20 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

OLD MAN??? Damn, you had to play the age card on me. Well, I guess I am older than you but not by much. If you would really like to discuss this any further, the OLD MAN is in chat right now...

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Old 11-28-2003, 06:05 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Had to throw something back at you!! I missed the chat because I was asleep with a nap before work. I am currently at work midnight till 8:30am CST. Sorry I missed out. I was looking in there all day and no one was ever in there. Have a good one.

Craig

Old 11-28-2003, 06:31 PM

TankGirl is off the scale

I bought my red H2 a little less than 3 weeks ago. I am a 56 yr old gal and a Realtor in north Idaho. My clients have told me that driving this rig says "I am serious about my business and have arrived". That is not why I bought it though..when they first came out I thought they were way "cool". It took me 2 years to afford one, and the tax right off helped too. They are great for driving in harsh conditions in the north woods. The kids at the elementary school that I drive by everyday now run up to the fence to wave as I go by. The kids on the school buses wave as well. When kids that age do that, you know you really have arrived!

03 Red Mettalic, Lux, Brush Guard, Rear Tire Carrier, Airaid
Filter
Old 11-29-2003, 12:45 AM

alecs wife is off the scale

TankGirl..
Please do us all a favor and take your rig off-road and get it DIRTY. Then send us pics to review.

H2 owner should use there vehicles to experience the great outdoors and enjoy their ride.

Thanks in advance,

R2

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Tank girl at 56 you still have some miles left - let us see some Bikini Pics of you Please!
Old 11-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Actually, when you no longer seek confirmation of your success from others (children in particular) you'll know you have arrived <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with PhilD. Confirmation of your success from children is meaningless at best. They are too easy to impress. What ten year old kid wouldn't be impressed by a Hummer?
Confirmation of your success is NOT the approval of your peers, it is just the opposite. Keep a check on the way your friends, neighbors and co-workers react towards you. As you earn more money, buy extravagant toys, send your kids to expensive private schools and generally improve your lifestyle you may start to notice people from these groups changing their attitudes towards you. Some will not talk to you as much as before, others will flat out ignore you. People like that either are not happy with their current lifestyle or are so competitive that they have to have more than everyone else. Everytime I buy something I see a some change in someone I know. The Hummer was over the top. I now have neighbors that no longer wave to me, co-workers that won't talk to me and friends that after seeing my Hummer ask "why did you get yellow"? like there is something wrong with it instead of saying congratulations or good luck with it.
So I guess the point I'm trying to make after all this is you know you arrived when you no longer have friends, neighbors or co-workers that will talk to you!
And you know what?...F$$K THEM ALL!!!
I live my life to please myself and my family...no one else. People are so petty.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 11-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

TANKGIRL,

You go girl! Not all experiences are bad. And there are a few picture perfect moments out there similar to yours.

Sounds like you sought it out, stayed the course and now enjoy the rewards.

Like you, clients and friends who have known me(And my struggles) for years at one point or the other stated,"You have arrived." I always reply,"No, but I'm on my way there!"

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-29-2003, 05:53 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Welcome tank girl. I think N. idaho is all offroad anyway Dennis you haven't arrived, you live in canada... Damn Canucks. Why don't you go oot and aboot and get me a beer, eh?
Old 11-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.

We won't arrive until America conquers Canada.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-29-2003, 06:01 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I questioned myself on that point two years ago when i got my S2000.. It just happens that there was a show on about the very same subject.. I watched it then evaluated myself.

My conclusion. I was not going thru a mid life crisis and trying to relive my childhood..

I decided I never got out of the 1st childhood.. Simply: I can afford all the toys I wanted when I was a kid and when I got married at age 18 , a little over 32 years ago..That I could not afford when raising our two kids..

Mike
Old 11-29-2003, 06:27 PM

Born again is off the scale

I'm 47, a poor kid from the housing projects in central Jersey whose mom slaved for 35 years to raise me and my siblings. I'm a product of West Point and after i saw to it that my mom and family were taken care of, I decided to do something special for myself. I still have young ones, 5 years old and 7 years old, but I also have old ones, 18 and 29. I spent the first half of my life wanting to be older, and now the second half of my life wanting to be younger. My real reason for the H2 is that in 1987, I owned a Lincoln Mark VII and got stuck in a snow storm that dumped 12 inches on us. I couldn't get home to check on my wife and two year old. Ever since then I was determined to one day have a vehicle that would get me where I need to be in nearly any conditions. The H2 is it. And my five year old thinks it is way cool!
Old 11-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

One thing good about being "older" is that you have more money than you had when young, and don't let them fool you, money CAN buy happiness. There is no one there to tell you what you can do or cannot do, you tell people what they can do or cannot do. You know who you are, you know your limit, you know you are not Bill Gates and will not be, you are comfortable with your age (whatever it maybe), you see your sons are better and taller than you, you no longer are horny all the time and you don't want to get lucky. You don't give a F what others think of your Hummer. Have a nice day.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:09 PM

Prodigy is off the scale

I just don't understand why so many people stare...most of the time I can't tell whether it is envy or hate, judgment or attraction. I am the son of a hummer owner (14), and I still poke fun at my dad for buying it. Someone mentioned before that in many cases people will stop talking to you, but I have also made a couple "friends" since I have had the beast.

I mentioned before "someone having their midlife crisis" because that was what I felt the reason was for my dad, who is 55. I said this because I know that he didn't just buy it because he could, but because either he wanted it or he wanted to make up for something.

I remember when we took it to Myrtle Beach, and cruised down "the strip" with the stereo blasting and the windows rolled half way down, and about half of the people that stared looked like they wanted to punch the tires or something.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I don't care what you drive, if you have your stereo blasting with windows open, I want to slash your tires too. I've seen those people and cars and loud bass sound cruising in neighborhoods they don't belong, when people look at them, they actually think everyone is admiring them. I blast my stereo too, but windows are closed.

Couple days ago I was in the back seat of my Hummer, I noticed something I did not see before, a lot of people looked at and talked about my Hummer, 50% or most of the cars on the freeway. I am usually the driver with my eyeballs on the road so I did not see that before, nothing like a year ago. I didn't see any funny face nor negative gesture, just many people pointing at and obviously talking about my big black beautiful Hummer.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to another VA citizen. There is alot to like in Roanoke. I believe there is another relatively new member here from your town.
However, what did you expect driving around that way? And in Myrtle Beach to boot. All those seasoned citizens playing golf and enjoying the peace and quiet until some hotdog comes along and ruins the tranquility. Even if you are on the strip, just look at the ages of those folks.
Heck, I am not anywhere near retirement age but I do not want to listen to garbage spewing from someone's stereo.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-30-2003, 02:57 AM

Prodigy is off the scale

Hehehe, do you consider honky-tonk garbage? This was later in the evening also, when everyone likes to show off their rides...
Old 11-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Elcova Rookie

Nighthunter is off the scale

If you want to blend in ride the bus.........
Old 11-30-2003, 04:42 PM

argonaut is off the scale

I consider honkey tonk garbage. very very crappy...