H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The 'customization' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
guru...whats your opinion on this then....
Guys, I think it's your lucky day, I just found this on CL for sale! Seriously, what are the chances of that though, how funny!
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/2889486523.html
Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

for only 20 grand....thats a hell of a deal.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
for only 20 grand....thats a hell of a deal.
The ad says he has 2 to choose from, so I am guessing that is for the stock 110k mile one that is pictured...
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Hummer Professional

btw, why are the front tires like that in that photo above? Is that a bad front end alignment?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Hummer Expert

tyler1bo is on a distinguished road

The front wheels look cambered..
AMP Research Steps
10" JL Audio sub w/ box and amp
Truxxx Lift 2.5" F-1.5" R
4" Rancho Lift
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
RealWheels Eliminator Kit w/o hooks
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
GS Creations Plexi-glass tail light and front turn tint
RealWheels Oversized Black Hood Handles
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1bo
What does cambered mean, is it good or bad, done on purpose, or is it screwed up?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Hummer Expert

the wheel looks turned to the left a bit. but there probably is some camber in there too. camber is basically used in racing, but in most regular car cases, its what results in bad tire wear and an allignment. camber angles the tire inward toward the motor from the top and the bottom outward a bit.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Prolly something to do with how the front suspension has been dropped. I notice this a lot on those 'fast and furious' imports that get lowered a nut hair from the ground.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Hummer Expert

ford trucks(rangers) are notorious for having horrible camber issues when lowered.

but nost people that have camber dialed in, do it intentionally. i have about 2 degrees negative camber in my camaro. helps with oversteer. not bad enough to run through tires, but just enough to help me in the corners.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

Camber is the aspect of alignment that measures the angle of the wheel/tire from top to bottom. The word "camber" does not mean that the wheel/tire is tilted inward. That would be "negative camber". Remember, it is possible for a car to "positive camber", where the wheel/tire actually leans out. Most manufacturers purposely dial in a little negative camber on all cars to ensure even tire wear because when a car corners, the camber flattens out on the outside wheel.

Also, when you lower a car, you increase negative camber. When you raise a car, you increase positive camber.

And like mentioned in the above post, for race/sports car applications, even what seems like a considerable amount of negative camber will still result in even tire wear because of the hard cornering.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

racer24 is on a distinguished road

I get so pissed at people that give me the finger when I drive my H2. But then I thought what the hell. So know when I get flipped off I just smile and wave back at them. It really pisses them off more so I feel better. I had three guys come up to me bitching about gas guzzling,something about carbon footprint.. LOL and when I opened the door to greet them they seen my pistol sitting on the dash and for some reason they shut up. By the way I do have a CCW so I was legal. LOL should have seen their faces. But really between the bling and fuel prices they both killed the HUMMER.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Hummer Expert

The way hummer was seen through the media killed it..it "labeled" the vehicle AND it's drivers. Gas prices didn't help because 99% of americans aren't willing to pay for it. Luckily I haven't been bitched to about gas or the fact that I drive mine. I'm pretty sure I've been flipped off and I get some interesting looks from time to time. But most of the time its good. I'm just tired of the stereotyping, it's a vehicle for God sake.
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
The way hummer was seen through the media killed it..it "labeled" the vehicle AND it's drivers...
That's the point I was trying to make...
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Hummer Expert

I agree with that statement..now to say someone shouldn't customize it their own way is wrong. But please don't drop it, or make it something that it wasn't intended for. I get the feeling people had a bad taste in their mouth when contemplating on buying a hummer. Sure it isn't economical, but what fullsize non-diesel vehicle is? Show me one..(with a V8). I'm also very tired of the, "it's just a tahoe with a hummer shell" statement too..that's just ignorant. For the last time, it is NOT a tahoe. If ferrari were to say they based their frame off a toyota camry, does that make it a toyota camry? I think NOT!!
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
I agree with that statement..now to say someone shouldn't customize it their own way is wrong. But please don't drop it, or make it something that it wasn't intended for. I get the feeling people had a bad taste in their mouth when contemplating on buying a hummer. Sure it isn't economical, but what fullsize non-diesel vehicle is? Show me one..(with a V8). I'm also very tired of the, "it's just a tahoe with a hummer shell" statement too..that's just ignorant. For the last time, it is NOT a tahoe. If ferrari were to say they based their frame off a toyota camry, does that make it a toyota camry? I think NOT!!
I agree 100%!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
its like saying a masseratti is a ferarri...their powertrain is made by ferarri...same with the hummer. its more comparable to a 2500 truck chassis but interior from a tahoe/escalade/yukon. so its similar....just not exact.

and hummer did what they had to do. sales were droping by the fistfull. and the gas wasnt helping out. the media doesnt control the companies ability to shut down business......but the govt can. and being that the gas prices were up higher than before, who knows...maybe that was their way to kill off some car brands...it killed of 4 of GM's. i think it even killed off a few of fords. even got restrictions passed after everything. even if the hummer were still around now, i dont think they would have as large of a market as they need to to stay in business. they would have been reaching for new ideas to get the sales....majorit of their sales would be from H3's. it just wouldnt have worked out.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The way hummer was seen through the media killed it..it "labeled" the vehicle AND it's drivers. I'm pretty sure I've been flipped off and I get some interesting looks from time to time.
In six and half years of Hummer ownership, I've never been flipped off and 95% of the comments I've gotten have been positive. Almost all the negative comments have been about the styling from women over 50. Younger women and almost all men seem to love the styling. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing, but at the gas station or in a parking lot I've always had either no comment or positive comments. When it snows here, everyone loves Hummer owners. When I go out to my cousin's farm with mud up the axles, everyone wants to know if I know where I can find them a nice used one!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
In six and half years of Hummer ownership, I've never been flipped off and 95% of the comments I've gotten have been positive. Almost all the negative comments have been about the styling from women over 50. Younger women and almost all men seem to love the styling. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing, but at the gas station or in a parking lot I've always had either no comment or positive comments. When it snows here, everyone loves Hummer owners. When I go out to my cousin's farm with mud up the axles, everyone wants to know if I know where I can find them a nice used one!!

I was going to write something very similar. I haven't had any bad experiences.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim

At my hometown everyone loves the truck..but venturing out to bigger cities here in Alabama I've had a bad look or two, not that I give a crap. But most of the time it's good.
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
its like saying a masseratti is a ferarri...their powertrain is made by ferarri...same with the hummer. its more comparable to a 2500 truck chassis but interior from a tahoe/escalade/yukon. so its similar....just not exact.

and hummer did what they had to do. sales were droping by the fistfull. and the gas wasnt helping out. the media doesnt control the companies ability to shut down business......but the govt can. and being that the gas prices were up higher than before, who knows...maybe that was their way to kill off some car brands...it killed of 4 of GM's. i think it even killed off a few of fords. even got restrictions passed after everything. even if the hummer were still around now, i dont think they would have as large of a market as they need to to stay in business. they would have been reaching for new ideas to get the sales....majorit of their sales would be from H3's. it just wouldnt have worked out.

You're probably right..BUT I do think Hummer was on the right track to improving the vehicle.
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem