H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterio
the interior design 9 24.32%
the exterior design 1 2.70%
the suspension / powertrain 22 59.46%
nothing at all 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Unaslob. No I am not thinking about it. Projects like that never end. I learned that from my Vette that is bored and stroked. If I did anything, it would be a heads, cam and exhaust improvements. If money was no object, I'd build a 427 out of it. The company that assembled my Vette shortblock www.moreperformanceinc.com would build it for me. It's a pricey option though.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

GM/Hummer seems to be keenly interested in what customers think about the H2. I got a call this weekend from a very nice Hummer rep asking me what I didn't like in about a dozen specific categories (interior, air, body, etc.). A 10 minute interview with lots of detail. I was happy to spend the time.

I have a few minor nits, but overall I have to say after 5 weeks I am remain completely satisfied with my H2. I love the performance, interior, erotic air vents, suspension, stereo, gas mileage, on and on. It's not only the most capable vehicle I have owned or driven, it is a simply a gorgeous vehicle and a work of art. Surprisingly and after having low expectations about gas mileage and acceleration based my brethren's experience with the 2003, I have been pleasantly surprised by the vehicle's performance. I have seen 17+ MPG and very respectable acceleration from both a standing position and when passing on the highway. Not a whole lot different than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am fairly certain that there are improvements in the 2004 engine and I look forward to someone from Hummer confirming this as it is completely possible that I am in a state of new H2 owner dillusional bliss.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Mine gets 17 MPG too if I reset it at the top of the hill and read it at the bottom after I coast down!

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 11-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Yea, that's right, 17 mpg. Me too . . . in the city. 19 mpg on the hwy. Remember Steve? . . . You were seeing the same.

Yea, that's the ticket.

Jim
Red H2
Old 11-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

I get almost as good of gas mileage as a buddy of mine with a brand new Mitsubishi Evolution, his little 4 banger only gets about 1.5 mpg better than my H2

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust
Old 11-04-2003, 12:40 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

anyone who posts that they get anything over 12mpg for overall (highway and city) is just full of crap-ola.
anyone who also wants better economy out of a 3 1/2 ton all wheel drive that is shaped like a brick is equally full of the same.....
I personally think that the best improvement that could be made (reallistically) would be removing the rattle and wind noise that the front just-for-looks pillars create and making a locking gas-cap standard. Also, being able to pull the passenger side wiper out for windshield washing --without having to take special care to not take paint off in the process would be good. That's it. And those being the only complaints I can come up with, it still blows my mind that this vehicle isn't more popular by the main-stream buyer, other than the fact that they can't afford one.

gasman
Old 11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Relax there Franky boy. You'll see. Let's hear from some 2004 owners on what MPG you get with cruise control on 55 MPH.