H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

well...
I have driven the best the Jeep folks have to offer. as a test driver mechanic for Diamler Chrysler Proving Grounds I have had Many opportunites to drive exotic versions of the beloved Jeep.
It has many great atributes, but I have not been able to get a single person at work to take me on for a power to ground test. I asked a guy who has a 1 ton dually V10 club cab to take on the H2 and he said it wasn't worth his time, then he told me to bring the strap and he'd be there....No show.
as for climbing, the Jeeps are like a cat in a tree. it will worm its way through crap only a Dozer could follow, as for the H2... it is the Dozer.
I have been around the trails a bit and the truck has great feel for the ground. I don't think I trust a vehicle more.

If the children of this thread have PROOF of of the differences in the capabilitys I would gladly hear them tabled, but until then sit down, shut up, and let the adults talk.

I only posted the tourag Vs jeep to get Buckeye stired up

ps, I would hope the meaningless **** the trolls have drug in won't ruin a perfectly good thread.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 10:36 PM

Superman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
You're are blindly stupid aren't you. As a matter of fact MB/Jeep has prototype suspensions already that are independent all the way around using pneumatic ride control which adapts each wheel to the terrain. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am blindly stupid but you think that Jeep is going to kill their flagship vehicle with IFS while the rubicon is selling like hotcakes at a premium to boot??? Why when Jeep builds a truly serious concept like the rescue do they use a sfa???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Even novice builders recognize the usefullness of independent suspensions if they can be applied correctly. I really don't get it, you can't be this dense of a person. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a shame all those fools competing in UROC haven't caught on to what the novices seem to have so easily adapted too. They must be dense like me

http://www.uroc.com/new/urocV.3.php
Old 01-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Hummer Expert

by the way our shop Turd vehicle is a Jeep Rubi. I almost forgot what it was . Its been through the mill. its had the front end torn right out from under it and it looks like **** from being hammered on.
it great in the Junkyard when the muds up to your knees. we have some Gem cars if you'd like to compair those to the rubicon?
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
Super,

I have wheeled with rubi's and many jeeps in both my h2 and h1. We never had a stock jeep out with us except a rubi. Now, the rubi does well, it follows the h1-h2 UNTIL....we got to big side slopes or steep climbs, which are numerous out here in socal. Jeeps just roll too easily, this is why the military killed them. So, I've gone through an h2, h1 and now I have a tourag. I'll never take the vw off road but it's well made and I dig it for now. If jeep produces the Rescue I'll probably pick it up. The foundation is similar to the h2 with front and rear lockers and other goodies, to me, that is problem solved.

BTW on the steep climbs out here the h1's and 2's were the only vehicles to do the wicked, rutted climbs. The drivers of the jeeps knew they had a greater liklihood of rollover. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, well put!

If you had posted sooner, this thread would have been over.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am blindly stupid but you think that Jeep is going to kill their flagship vehicle with IFS while the rubicon is selling like hotcakes at a premium to boot??? Why when Jeep builds a truly serious concept like the rescue do they use a sfa??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

as a matter of FACT...no. the Jeep folks would never introduce a vehicle to put the sales of the Wrangler in jeopardy. I do know that there are lots of versions being test marketed and they would be brothers not competitors or replacements.
the independent suspension is definatly going to replace the old ,but it won't be tommorow..or the next day.

as for the sales of Rubi's being very high...they are a limited production vehicles, so its the first in line who get them, then thats it!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Scuse me...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am blindly stupid but you think that Jeep is going to kill their flagship vehicle <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might point out that the Rubicon or any other Wrangler ,Xj,cj,yj,tj has been or will be the "Flag ship" vehicle. That is reserved for the "Grand Cherokee". it is and ALWAYS will the Jeep brands Flagship.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 PM

Superman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yetti:

I might point out that the Rubicon or any other Wrangler ,Xj,cj,yj,tj has been or will be the "Flag ship" vehicle. That is reserved for the "Grand Cherokee". it is and ALWAYS will the Jeep brands Flagship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right The GC is the vehicle that Jeep stakes it claim to rugged off-roadability with... not the direct descendant from the vehicle that helped America win WWII
Old 01-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Expert

I think you are a bit confused about what roll the Jeep played. the Jeep was the best for its place in History.
since that point there have been many versions that are far superior to the Jeep. the H1 was one on a long list that was built to replace its. it was shown the door for our military use long ago.
you may be a bit young, but back in the late `60's and `70's the Jeep was being put out for Commanche pickups and Chevy Blazers. the Dodge Truck even got the limelight for a while.
I have seen the NEW version of the Dodge Mititary trucks. a very capable package that will push our company to the next level in combat readiness.
I hope it replaces the H1, that way I get a better profit sharing check
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org