H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got my Magnaflow installed, the tech suggested I get a throttle body spacer as well as headers. By reading a previous post, I guess throttle body spacer is a waste of time/money, but what do you guys/gals think of headers.
I'm looking more for performance as opposed to fuel saving.
IT'S A HUMMER, SCREW THE MILEAGE
Old 11-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Hummer Guru

When I got my Magnaflow installed, the tech suggested I get a throttle body spacer as well as headers. By reading a previous post, I guess throttle body spacer is a waste of time/money, but what do you guys/gals think of headers.
IT'S A HUMMER, SCREW THE MILEAGE
Old 11-24-2005, 02:32 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBob:
IT'S A HUMMER, SCREW THE MILEAGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick comment...

1) Supercharge if you really want performance. Everything else is a minor change.

2) After they install the headers... they are going to Dyno it and make certain you are not running lean and killing the engine, right?

(Not to be picky...but the details on these things are killers... plus a good programmer on the dyno can probanly find you 25-50 HP)

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Thanks shipbldr!

But $6000.00 for a s/c would have me sleeping on the couch for A LONG TIME
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM

I completely understand the sleeping on the couch thing. The good news is... its worth sleeping on the couch for the supercharger

To be serious and get the most bang short of a supercharger... and the order I would do them

Here's what I would do for performance on the cheap:

Cat back exhaust. Get a Corsa sport... I have the Borla which in nice... but the Corsa sounds nasty and wild. It'll put a big smile on your face! This alone might make you content.

Performance air intake... take your pick, many good ones out there...

Get a programmer and dial in the exhaust and air intake... the Guru's here on the board can advise...

Then sit tight.... and wait for the chance to supercharge...

And don't forget to wheel you H2 frequently!

Remember... the best truck in the world in the one you have a set of keys to.... Fantasy trucks in magazines are just that... fantasy. Enjoy what you got... it's an awesome truck!

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Hey shipbldr,

I have the Magnaflow catback exhaust and the Volant cold air installed so far. So I should screw the headers right now and buy a programmer? What brand is best, and are they easy to use as I'm very UN-MECHANICALLY INCLINED

And don't worry, I LOVE my H2. This is the first truck I've actually PURCHASED in 11 years. We always lease through one of our corporations. I can't see me every driving anything else, except a new H2, though when our lease is up on our Denali, my wife wants her own H3
At least she won't have the excuse to drive MY truck

We had a dumping of snow 2 weeks ago, almost 2 feet so she took the H2 out to MALL SHOP because she thought she'd get stuck in the Denali. I can't bear to think of the poor H2 at THE MALL
Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

I would definitely recommend doing the programmer and skipping the headers altogether unless you get a blower, and even then the gains are still fairly small for the $$$.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 PM

I have to agree with kodiakz... the headers are a lot of money, trouble, and possible problems unless you have already done EVERYTHING else.

(Everything includes a blower in my book...)

As to whick programmer... I must defer to Hummersgonewild... He's done a couple of posts about them that are very detailed. Search on his name and you'll find them.

The gist of it goes something like this:

hand held programmer +25-50 HP
Notebook PC with software & Dyno +50-100HP

I would get the programmer and start hoarding cash for the supercharger...

(I might also suggest upgrading your couch before the install of the SC)

Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:
I want some new headers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then do it!