H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-13-2005, 12:08 PM

Mr. Lambdebois is off the scale

Hello everyone. First Let me say that you have a wonder board full off usefull and entertaining information. That is the main reason I am here. I am an ASE master certified tech(worked for ford for 3 years) and also have spent some time working at the railroad on locomotive engines. I am probaby going to pick up an h2 in the near future as it is one of the few vehicles that will fit all my needs.
I have thought about a rubicon as only the ignorant will argue its capability. The problem is that I want more room for cargo and passengers and they also ride like crap on the highway for long trips. Obviously I would love a range-rover or even an amg g-wagon but would hate to put a dent on one of those vehicles as I actually enjoy taking my 4x4's up to the BLM Land around Co- 82 anywhere from glernwood springs area and south. Occasionally I make It to the front slope near ft. Collins also. I often am at elevations above 8000 ft so the snow can get pretty deep. My 5.0 explorer actually did fine in the deep snow with bfg at ko's on it. It is now to a point to where I do not want to sink any more time or money into it.I would rather just start with something new that is capable out of the box while meeting my needs to be comfortable on road trips and have plenty of room for cargo.

Sorry for the rant....
Old 02-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

H-Too is off the scale

H2 is awesome.

However, I also have a rubicon. They are NOT bad on long trips. In fact, I often take 3 hour trips in the Jeep, and the ride is great. The seats are unbelievably comfortable (my wife has remarked the same). Now, the H2 and the Rubi are obviously NOT the same type of vehicle. The Rubicon is very short on cargo unless you remove the back seat. The H2 is a much more luxurious ride, but, the H2 always gives me back aches and the Jeep is a blast with the top off. Both great rides. Different. But, great.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

What a Troll-Bait thread .
Old 02-13-2005, 06:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dw:
H2 is awesome.

However, I also have a rubicon. They are NOT bad on long trips. In fact, I often take 3 hour trips in the Jeep, and the ride is great. The seats are unbelievably comfortable (my wife has remarked the same). Now, the H2 and the Rubi are obviously NOT the same type of vehicle. The Rubicon is very short on cargo unless you remove the back seat. The H2 is a much more luxurious ride, but, the H2 always gives me back aches and the Jeep is a blast with the top off. Both great rides. Different. But, great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for sharing. It is nice to hear from someone who can truely speak for both. Yes Cargo space is very important to me so that is the main reason I was turned off of the rubicon. It is nice to hear from an owner that it is not uncomfortable to ride in for long periods of time. Which would you rather drive for a 1200 mile road trip assuming you are not bringing a wife with 50 luggage bags.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
What a Troll-Bait thread . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 02-13-2005, 06:48 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 02-13-2005, 07:23 PM

I'm not trying to bait any trolls to bother you. So far the only thing it has "baited", is you. I am just considering several different vehicle and wanted to hear from owners about my concerns to help finalize my decision. Thanks for making it obvious that you have nothing usefull to add to the topic.

Again, Thanks to anyone else who wishes to share their experiances.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quote:
Originally posted by N2ITNSD:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> see your and raise you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

ALL IN
Old 02-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Lambdebois:
Hello everyone. First Let me say that you have a wonder board full off usefull and entertaining information. That is the main reason I am here. I am an ASE master certified tech(worked for ford for 3 years) and also have spent some time working at the railroad on locomotive engines. I am probaby going to pick up an h2 in the near future as it is one of the few vehicles that will fit all my needs.
I have thought about a rubicon as only the ignorant will argue its capability. The problem is that I want more room for cargo and passengers and they also ride like crap on the highway for long trips. Obviously I would love a range-rover or even an amg g-wagon but would hate to put a dent on one of those vehicles as I actually enjoy taking my 4x4's up to the BLM Land around Co- 82 anywhere from glernwood springs area and south. Occasionally I make It to the front slope near ft. Collins also. I often am at elevations above 8000 ft so the snow can get pretty deep. My 5.0 explorer actually did fine in the deep snow with bfg at ko's on it. It is now to a point to where I do not want to sink any more time or money into it.I would rather just start with something new that is capable out of the box while meeting my needs to be comfortable on road trips and have plenty of room for cargo.

Sorry for the rant.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this straight, you would not want to dent a Range Rover or G wagon, but would be OK denting a $60,000 H2?
If you are actually genuine with your questions I would like to add that the new Jeeps are not uncomfortable to drive in, but The H2 is the more lux vehicle. What kind of vehicle do you want?
you need to decide first on small, medium or large?
next important is how much are you looking to spend?
next how much and what kinf of off-roading will you be doing?

the Rubi's are very capable, but i could never own one having two dogs and all of my gear. Also I like a more luxurious ride. i want the heated leather seats, and BOSE system, and all of the room it offers. After driving many vehicles, the H2 suited me the best for my needs.
If you are going to drive this from FL to the Rockies, hands down the H2 will be a better ride, but will suck more gas. If you're keeping this ride out here and plan to venture into the mountains durring the Summer months also, the Jeep may be the way to go for some of the narrow trails. too many unknowns to answer your questions... need more info.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:55 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Lambdebois:

Sorry for the rant.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this straight, you would not want to dent a Range Rover or G wagon, but would be OK denting a $60,000 H2?
If you are actually genuine with your questions I would like to add that the new Jeeps are not uncomfortable to drive in, but The H2 is the more lux vehicle. What kind of vehicle do you want?
you need to decide first on small, medium or large?
next important is how much are you looking to spend?
next how much and what kinf of off-roading will you be doing?

the Rubi's are very capable, but i could never own one having two dogs and all of my gear. Also I like a more luxurious ride. i want the heated leather seats, and BOSE system, and all of the room it offers. After driving many vehicles, the H2 suited me the best for my needs.
If you are going to drive this from FL to the Rockies, hands down the H2 will be a better ride, but will suck more gas. If you're keeping this ride out here and plan to venture into the mountains durring the Summer months also, the Jeep may be the way to go for some of the narrow trails. too many unknowns to answer your questions... need more info. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously I would not be okay with it...Just a little less upset. I guess I do want more of a lux vehicle. It would have to be medium to large in size so that I would have plenty of room. I grew to love wheeling in jeeps out in CO especially since my explorer could not go many places. They are a lot of fun. I also have several dogs (2 st. benards and a bulldog) so the cargo area is important. I also need to fit a large toolbox ocasionally and that just won't happen it the jeep. Even the unlimited is too small for me it seems. I make the drive from Florida to colorado usually twice a year. I usually put about 33k miles a year on a vehicle.
And yes some of the BLM trails would be too narrow for the h2. My friends jeep barely fit. That is something I am willing to give up for more space though. Mainly I want a suv with room to carry 4 comfortably that can go through 20+ inches of snow without a problem while still having the ability to venture out on some of the trail that would leave most of the other suvs in the market stranded for a winch.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the input. I have 2 st benards and a bulldog so the room is very important to me. I also need to fit a toolbox that would be out of the question in the jeep. Mainly I want a veghicle no smaller than my old explorer but more capable to tacle some of the wider Blm trails that my explorer never had a chance of making.Also my driveway is at 8000FT and the snow can get pretty deep fast. At certain times watching a previous path on a gps is the only way to tell of you are still on the road. Gas mialage is not a concern as I am also getting rid of a modded 03 cobra that cost me plenty in gas. I would be happy to get to buy regular for a change.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Hello everyone. First Let me say that you have a wonder board full off usefull and entertaining information. That is the main reason I am here(<span class="ev_code_RED">but please dont amuse yourself at my expense)</span>. I am an ASE master certified tech(worked for ford for 3 years (<span class="ev_code_RED">so now I want a G.M. product which I know nothing about</span>) and also have spent some time working at the railroad on locomotive engines.<span class="ev_code_RED">Did that seem random to any of you?</span> I am probaby going to pick up an h2 in the near future as it is one of the few vehicles that will fit all my needs.<span class="ev_code_RED">non of which I bothered to mention.</span>
I have thought about a rubicon as only the ignorant will argue its capability,<span class="ev_code_RED">execpt, possibly, someone who has actually been out with one.</span> The problem is that I want more room for cargo and passengers and they also ride like crap on the highway <span class="ev_code_RED">(I thought but now I see im wrong about that too ) </span> for long trips. Obviously I would love a range-rover or even an amg g-wagon but would hate to put a dent on one of those vehicles<span class="ev_code_RED">(but the cheepie 60K Hummer would be O.K.)</span> as I actually enjoy taking my 4x4's up to the BLM Land around Co- 82 anywhere from glernwood springs area and south. Occasionally I make It to the front slope near ft. Collins also. I often am at elevations above 8000 ft so the snow can get pretty deep<span class="ev_code_RED">(and thats not all if you know what I mean :wink</span>. My 5.0 explorer actually did fine in the deep snow with bfg at ko's on it. It is now to a point to where I do not want to sink any more time or money into it.I would rather just start with something new that is capable<span class="ev_code_RED">(but not in a rubi,g-wagon,L.R., R.R. kinda way)</span> out of the box while meeting my needs<span class="ev_code_RED">(did I mention those?)</span> to be comfortable on road trips and have plenty of room for cargo.

Sorry for the rant....<span class="ev_code_RED">(but not really)</span>
Old 02-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't sound like you need much convincing to get the H2. You are just looking for a reason not to get something else. So here it is:
HUMMER, Like nothing else.

Now go out get one. It's well worth it.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:14 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Sorry Mr. Lamboni, you snuck those in on me while I was typing .
Old 02-13-2005, 09:41 PM

First off what makes you think I know nothing about gm's? After all GM is one of the main supporters of the college I got my associate's degree in automotive maintanance and technoligy from. I participated in the Asep program for 2 years including working at a st louis dealership for my internship. If you know anything about gm and its training you would know what the Asep program is.

Yes there are other vehicles that would meet my needs like the ones you mentioned. However I do not want to spend more than 55k.
I am confused as to what you are meaning by this please enlighten me...
"execpt, possibly, someone who has actually been out with one."

Are you saying that someone who has been out in a rubi would say they are not capable? All I was doing was giving the rubi credit for how capable it is while saying that it does not have enough room for me.

The lr,rr,and g-wagon are more than I want to pay for not to mention I would have to fight my wife for the keys constantly.

N2itnsd,

It is obvious by the attitude you have had from your first post in my thread that you have had sand in your vagina. Please see a docter and get that taken care of asap so that others along with myself do not have to feel the irritability that rash is giving you.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
It doesn't sound like you need much convincing to get the H2. You are just looking for a reason not to get something else. So here it is:
HUMMER, Like nothing else.

Now go out get one. It's well worth it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. You are right. Just trying to make sure there isn't a vehicle I have overlooked. I also wanted to hear about others experiances.
Thanks again
Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 PM

Btw- N2ITNSD

I understand what you are going through. Please see...
http://www.gettingit.com/article/314
So that you may understand where all your anger is coming from.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the college I got my associate's degree in automotive maintanance and technoligy <span class="ev_code_RED">technology</span> (thats funny) from. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That right there's just funny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you know anything about gm and its training you would know what the Asep program is.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I guess that proves I dont.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are you saying that someone who has been out in a rubi would say they are not capable? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, im not, just different, like you already know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is obvious by the attitude you have had from your first post in my thread that you have had sand in your vagina. Please see a docter and get that taken care of asap so that others along with myself do not have to feel the irritability that rash is giving you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, maybe a simple cleansing will do.

Why do you feel the need for validation? You said you have been lurking for a while, and you have been to college in the field of automibiles so buy what you want. why the need for a bunch of rhetorical questions?

Dont get your thong in knot, just buy what you want. Oh and if you decide to hang around, welcome.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:52 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Dude, what a post padder. BTW, very funny link. Next time try to make it look a little more appealing .

As for anger, I reserve that for those I respect .