H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

In my 03 the OEM battery went dead. It went dead becasue it was leaking acid. The dealer and Hummer refuse to cover this. They cite the fact that batteries do get hot and can leak. Is it unreasonable to ask that while a batteru=y certainatly may go dead, it should NEVER leak acid. Isnt leaking acid a safety issue and detrimental to the structure of the vehicle as well as harmful to our enviornment?

What should I do? I've called Hummer and the dealer and no headway? Should I leav it alone or make myself a pain in the ass?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

In my 03 the OEM battery went dead. It went dead becasue it was leaking acid. The dealer and Hummer refuse to cover this. They cite the fact that batteries do get hot and can leak. Is it unreasonable to ask that while a batteru=y certainatly may go dead, it should NEVER leak acid. Isnt leaking acid a safety issue and detrimental to the structure of the vehicle as well as harmful to our enviornment?

What should I do? I've called Hummer and the dealer and no headway? Should I leav it alone or make myself a pain in the ass?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

that's ridiculous. for purchasing a vehicle such a h2, the dealer won't help for a simple battery issue??!! i believe it's warrantied by acdelco, but the dealership should help to take care of that. not to mention if you had worn out your transmission, under warranty, it should be replaced. i don't see how this is different.

you live in texas, where i'm sure there are plenty of h2 dealerships around. it may be farther, but you can either send your business elsewhere or have a lawyer drop them a note.

edit/addition: didn't pay attention to if you're still under warranty. if u are, then what i said above is correct. if not, the look at post just below.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

If you're under your 36,000 miles, they should cover the battery and anything else that may have been damaged due to the leaking acid, like cables, battery tray, etcc.
If you're over the 36,000 just bite the bullet.
GM isn't going to budge. Batteries are the one thing they don't budge on. GM's position is that it is their responsibility to get you a good battery until 36k, and then anything after that is luck to you. GM won't buy the battery.
And I'm sad to tell you that you are by far not the only person who has encountered a leaking battery. Been happening for years.
Thankfully not nearly as much, but it does still
happen some.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

It happened to my truck when it had 12500 miles, the dealer replaced it and cleaned any damage cause by the acid, no questions asked then it happened again at 27500 miles, they were going to replace it again but I asked them to clean it again and they did check my alternator and voltage regulator to make sure they were performing ok; after all was ok I decided to upgrade to a Optima battery http://www.optimabatteries.com/publi...fig/brand.html I already have 2800 miles on it, will see what happen; the dealer did tell me that the OEM battery (AC DELCO) they were seen some issues of leaking very often, that is why I decided to upgrade to an Optima .
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 07-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Hey James:

Just had my battery go bad at 26,840, leaking acid, positive post. Replaced under warranty as it should be!

The dealer is wrong! If they won't budge, tell them they suck and you will be buying future vehicles at a competitor. They are really being stupid regarding a simple, straight forward, definite warranty item! Maybe you can get results from AC Delco?

Ric
Old 07-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

My Battery was leaking and the Dealer replace it with no questions.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 PM

h2sin is off the scale

one word..... upgrade

http://www.optimabatteries.com/
Old 07-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

I always buy the biggest Sears Diehard battery that will fit whatever car I own and I've never had a problem in over 30 years of following that policy. I'd be interested to hear others' experiences because I'm about to enter the world of winching and plan to get the Sears battery sometime soon.

Thanks,

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

wow. i didn't realize this was such a common problem.