H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM

oma is off the scale

I finally found a local shop who sells/installs Viper products and am getting the 791XV next week. They have not installed one on a H2, but think they can do it.

Here is what I want to know- I want my H2 to respond the same way it does with the factory remotes--I have the delayed lock, if you hit the lock again the horn honks, at night the front day running lights, interior lights, and back-up lights come on as well as the exterior running lights flash (three times I think). I'm not sure what else there is. I was told I needed an additional module to make these things work (for about another $150), if they could get them to work. In previous posts I read where this system could easily be integrated into the factory system, but what about the items I want to make sure I retain? Can this be done? Does this sound right? Please give me any advice or suggestions you have over the next few days on this topic. I appreciate your help and input.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM

oma is off the scale

I finally found a local shop who sells/installs Viper products and am getting the 791XV next week. They have not installed one on a H2, but think they can do it.

Here is what I want to know- I want my H2 to respond the same way it does with the factory remotes--I have the delayed lock, if you hit the lock again the horn honks, at night the front day running lights, interior lights, and back-up lights come on as well as the exterior running lights flash (three times I think). I'm not sure what else there is. I was told I needed an additional module to make these things work (for about another $150), if they could get them to work. In previous posts I read where this system could easily be integrated into the factory system, but what about the items I want to make sure I retain? Can this be done? Does this sound right? Please give me any advice or suggestions you have over the next few days on this topic. I appreciate your help and input.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:37 AM

NVR STUCK is off the scale

I had a Viper installed and don't recall needing any additional modules to do what you are asking. One thing you won't be able to do is retain Driver 1 and 2 seat controls via different remotes. The only extra module I needed was for the window kit. I can remotely roll down the windows. They automatically roll up when I lock the car. Make sure you get the current remote and not last years model. Also make sure that they wire it correctly. If wired correctly it will still go off when a thief trys the door handle alarm by-pass trick. If they are good, they can put a small button on the dash that you can press and then remove your keys with the car still running.

No Limits! You're Never Stuck in a Hummer!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:50 AM

fallen is off the scale

you need a couple modules for it to work correctly with it. the first is a 456g which will interface with your doorlocks of you want to do autostart you need the 555g. as for the delay lock i'm not sure what you mean i think when i had my factory keyless entry when i hit it once it locked and when i hit it again it did what you said just to let you know it was armed. Let me know if you have any other question as i run a shop that is authorized for DEI products.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH2Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Clifford Responder which is the axact same thing as the viper and I have my remote hooked up to roll down and raise my windows along with turn on and off my strobe lights :-) i love the remote its great.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:48 PM

oma is off the scale

The delay lock is a feature option you could turn on or off and works with the factory remotes.