H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale
Default NAV Versions

I got into an arguement with my service rep this morning over my NAV disk. I won't go into his attitude about what I should be thankful for except to say his is trying to convince me that a free NAV disk labeled Version 2 is newer than my existing disk marked Version 3 because his disk is new and fresh from the factory while mine is the disc I received with my 05 H2. My HAV unit won't read either one of them so he is finally ordering me a new one, BUT by my logic, version 2 is older than version 3 no matter how it's wrapped or when it arrived at the dealership. Is there something I'm missing here or is Hummer logic different??
David
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Hummer Professional

audiofetish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NAV Versions

Well I have a 1.0 disk that is newer than the 4.0. I don't know how they label the discs but it is very confusing. I ordered mine from gmnav disk about 5 or 6 months ago and, according to them, that was the newest disc on the market.

I just checked the newest version is disc number 15906573.
95 Heep Wrangler
90 5.Slow
99 HMC4 Sold
01 HMCO Sold
04 H2 Adv Sold
03 H2 Lux Totaled
HOPE Volunteer

Last edited by audiofetish : 07-23-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't go by the version number, but go by their part number instead. Check with them here: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofetish
Well I have a 1.0 disk that is newer than the 4.0. I don't know how they label the discs but it is very confusing. I ordered mine from gmnav disk about 5 or 6 months ago and, according to them, that was the newest disc on the market.

I just checked the newest version is disc number 15906573.

Unbelieveable! Version 1 is newer than version 4.0?? Is there anyway GM could have made this harder?? I think I may have just turned down a free version of the most recent disc however it didn't make the NAV unit work so now they have a new unit on order for me.
Thanks for the help. I guess I'll ignore version numbers and look at part numbers instead.
David
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
Don't go by the version number, but go by their part number instead. Check with them here: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do

Thanks for the help. I don't guess it makes a difference but I wonder what the version number for the most recent update is. You would think that the service writers or the sales guys or someone at the dealership would know this stuff but it doesn't appear that way. Go figure.
David
Old 07-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

gm has taken the service guys out of the nav disc loop and turned it over to navtec(sp?). customers are supposed to contact navtec now, not the service department. It changed when GM started giving free disc updates with '06 and newer vehicles(BTW the 2008 models only get one free update, not two like the earlier models)
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planohummer
gm has taken the service guys out of the nav disc loop and turned it over to navtec(sp?). customers are supposed to contact navtec now, not the service department. It changed when GM started giving free disc updates with '06 and newer vehicles(BTW the 2008 models only get one free update, not two like the earlier models)

That's probably a better deal in the long run, just the version thing was confusing. I'm going to Estes Park tomorrow and since I've never been there before, I'ld like the NAV unit to work but looks like I'll be referring back to my handy paper map instead while we wait for a NAV unit to arrive.
Like they say, "ya lose a few and . . . ya lose a few."
David
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Hummer Professional

audiofetish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planohummer
gm has taken the service guys out of the nav disc loop and turned it over to navtec(sp?). customers are supposed to contact navtec now, not the service department.

I am Happy about that! When I first got my Nav installed the Stealership out here wanted $400 and said the newest disc was 3.0 released in 05. He argued with me and wouldn't even check with gmnavdisc. Needless to say that was my last encounter with the parts department here.
95 Heep Wrangler
90 5.Slow
99 HMC4 Sold
01 HMCO Sold
04 H2 Adv Sold
03 H2 Lux Totaled
HOPE Volunteer
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Just an update, the new NAV unit arrived within an hour of me driving to the dealership to check on it but I was able to get back out there late this afternoon and got it installed. It came with a version 5 disc and the service rep went ahead and gave me the new disc marked version 2. It has a GM part number on it but it doesn't match up with what the gmnavdisc website is showing but that's ok, I've got the NAV installed for my trip tomorrow and things are looking up.

Gotta start packing.
David
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

mowdoc is on a distinguished road

gmnavdisc dot com told me on the phone 3 weeks ago that the newest version for the H2 is coming out in August.

Get the 800 number from the web site and call them. They will put your Hummer into thier computer , if it's not already , and then you can recieve the updated discs.

Wait until Sepetember and you will be right up to date.

If you have any other GM vehicles with nav they will get those into the system also. My new Vette has the latest so I'm not getting that yet. The lady told me that I could get two free disc updates for each vehicle and it does not have to be yearly. She recommended checking for newer versions with them first and then ordering them.

After you get all your free updates you can still purchase updates for $99 each as many as you want to buy. So I guess we can stay up to date for life even after the freebees are gone (which is HUGE in Las Vegas where things change monthly).

In Las Vegas the shortest distance between two points - - is still under construction!!!

mowdoc
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

flyin6 is on a distinguished road

My disc says version 5. I purchased my SUT in June this year. I was told that was the most recent update????
01 SAS Supercharged Tundra
Old 08-04-2007, 02:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG
Just an update, the new NAV unit arrived within an hour of me driving to the dealership to check on it but I was able to get back out there late this afternoon and got it installed. It came with a version 5 disc and the service rep went ahead and gave me the new disc marked version 2.

I guess I should have checked the box before I wrote the above. I used the version 5 on the way to Colorado but I when I went to use the other to come home with (just for comparison), I found out the box that had the version 2 disc, was empty. Looks like the service guys got the last laugh.
I see the gmnavdisc site is showing another disc in addition to the version 5. It says its a 2008 H3 disc. I wonder if it really works in a 2005 H2?
David