H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

The wife got her yellow 04 yesterday and traded the white one in.
On the 60 mile drive home she said everyone was real aggressive driving around her.
She had semis racing ( they were running 60mph then she goes around and is up to 80 before she can get in) her not wanting to let her get back in on the interstate.
This communist state has the split speed limit 55 trucks and 65 the rest.
Even other cars and pick-ups were messing w/ her.
She's driven the white H2 for 7+ months on the same road and NO trouble.
Anyone else had these kind of problems?

Is it a YELL'R thing?

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Actually your wife was the one feeling more agressive. But everyone I talk to says the same thing "The H2 should only be made in a bold color like yellow - White & Pewter & Black are for whimps - Red and Orange are for the Wine & Cheese crowd and the green is for the ex-military and ex-conficts". Hummer & GM choose to promote almost exclusivley the YELLOW H2 in all of their commercials - It is the most common color in nature after Green & Brown. Green & Brown are the color of crap so they were not gonna promote those!
YELLOW RULES! it is still #1 in sales by 2 to 1 over the next closest color.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Hummer Professional

I asked her WHY were driving in the median

Traded 03 White Lux
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:06 PM

barbender is off the scale

Hummer Man:

I've got a Yellow Lux. I live in Longwood as well. I find people get out of my way since the yellow H2.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:29 PM

argonaut is off the scale

The people I talk to tell me thay are glad that I didn't get yellow because it would make a pretentious car more pretentious. Apparently a lot of people view yellow cars as "hey look at me" vehicles. The color tends to incite more reaction from people. I personally don't see why. yellow isn't my thing, but it is only a different paint color. Kind of weird. I have and orange and I am a part of the wine and cheese crowd, but I also am a beer lover too. Around here, it seems the guys in the Yellow Hummers are the ones that glare at me or completely pretend to ignore me instead of being friendly and waving. they also are the ones that I never see muddy, even though yellow looks nice under a layer of mud. So that leaves me to believe that around these parts yellow is the poser color for the pavement pounders. It seems like the dirtiest ones I see (besides mine) tend to be pewter. When I ask owners if they offroad, just about everybody says yes, but then I ask them where and most people say, um on this gravel road, or on the way to camping. Something stupid like that. But the Pewter guys tend to list off their favorite trails.

The other day I ran into a guy at a restaurant that had a Yellow lowered H2 with huge chrome rims and tiny tires. I parked next to him completely covered in mud since I had just been offroading the day before. I heard people in the resteraunt saying that my Hummer is how they all should look and the yellow one was just some arrogant prick. This little tiny asian guy around my age leaves the restaurant at the same time I do and heads for the yellow one. When he sees me going to mine, he says in a really derogatory tone, "wow, you take that thing offroad." I reply smugly, "that's what they are for, don't you?" He looks at me aghast and says "this thing is too expensive. Aren't you afraid of scratching it?" I say "No, that';s what it if for. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy it." Then he got all tough and said "I could buy a hundred of these, it's nothing to me." and started acting like he wanted to fight or something. I just laughed and drove off. What a douchebag. That is the type of people that are Hummer owners around here. It pisses me off, but it is invariably yellow that they drive. I'm not saying anything about you yellow owners, you are all cool in my book because nbone of you seem like arrogant pricks, but that is what the yellow guys tend to be like around here.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
"The H2 should only be made in a bold color like yellow - White & Pewter & Black are for whimps - Red and Orange are for the Wine & Cheese crowd and the green is for the ex-military and ex-conficts". YELLOW RULES! it is still #1 in sales by 2 to 1 over the next closest color.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Hummerman, if White, Pewter and Black are for whimps and Red and Orange are for the Wine & Cheese crowd, what is Yellow for?

Old 11-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I was going to buy yellow and actually brough one home for a 24 hour test drive. I ended up with Sunset Orange. The yellow H2 was like driving a school bus! BTW, I do not eat cheese nor do I drink wine

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 11-01-2003, 07:19 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I have a red H2. Never thought of myself as the wine and cheese crowd.. Only one question is that a good thing or a bad thing.

Mike
Old 11-01-2003, 08:49 PM

H2 REGION RATS is off the scale

I guess we bought the wrong color. Both my wife and I love wine and cheese and we have a pewter H2. I wondered why auto drivers always seem to pull-out right in front of me, now I know that they know we are wimps. If i trade it in on a Yellow H2 do I leave my wimpiness behind?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:01 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Well I like cheese , occasionly wine. don't like bed and breakfasts.. I gues I will just have to turn in my Certified Macho A Hole card and Badge. I'm doomed to be a certifed wimp cause I like my Red H2. Or is there hope for me I have a Green SUb and a Yellow S2000.. sO I guess there may be hope for me.

Mike
Old 11-01-2003, 10:40 PM

unaslob is off the scale

argo....I think you are being a little too stereotypical... i drive a yellow H2... and it is extremely functional... I will tell you all why I drive yellow.... but first how I came about it.... when i went to the dealer in jan of this year, yellow was my only requirement.... there was one yellow one on the lot... options were not an issue... the yellow one is what I got.... the yellow and orange colors are by far the best... for one reason only... I had a yellow xterra before this and was doing alot of highway driving... putting typically over 300 miles a day on my car. I had to put it in the shop for about 3 days. during which time I borrowed someone elses silver jeep liberty. I drove just as aggressively as I did before, but this time I noticed that people would sometimes be turning into my lane and cutting me off... plenty of 'near' misses. I was shocked... when I picked the xterra back up... no problems.. I then realized that a yellow car is much more prominent in the rear or side view mirrors. so I did some looking around... I found out that yellow cars ar in far less accidents then others (obviously per capita).

to answer durmaxx's question... I actually experience the opposite... there is far less people getting in my way...

I love my h2... I love it even more since it is yellow.. I would have waited months to order a yellow one but was fortunate to have one on the lot... I really wanted the adventure series at the time, but was happy not to get it in retrospect,

my yellow h2 gets a big workout...

durmaxx if you want to solve your wife's problem, might I suggest an airhorn??? this is what i use when someone is giving me a hard time.. they quickly fall into line unaslob!!!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Yellow is reserved for the best of the best!
Just added the traffic light changer to mine!
Now every light is green when I get to it!

Search EBAY for traffic light changers!
these new gadgets are great!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:05 AM

buddy is off the scale

HM,

Why do you want the traffic light device? Are you in that big of hurry or don't give a **** about other traffic. Florida Highway Patrol made a statement on local news in Jax last night.. Illegal and criminal charges if you get caught with one. last I heard Orlando was in Fl...And I thought you was a little more responsible. Can you image the chaos around Orlando if your monkeys got their hands on this device...look what happened when they found your keyboard.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

the only thing wrong with yellow is that white is, in my opinion, better. As far as wine or beer? who the hell cares, just enjoy the embibe!!! Certainly Mac is for the cheese and wine (whine) so for the sake of argument, I'll take beer. Coincidentally, Mac owns a pewter metallic H2 (if he hasn't gone escalade yet) and he doesn't know what dirt is. This skews the assessment of correllating color with usage.
Why did you trade in a white H2 for yellow????? Personal pref. It's all good. Although I quite like the yellow for others, I have to side with the earlier post that the H2 incites its own fare share of a statement, and buying yellow only brings on more B.S. that you have to deal with from other folks who have the misunderstanding that you care about their opinion.

gasman
Old 11-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Buddy, If the Monkeys ever touch my device I will spank them!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Frank, my salesman called Thursday evening and had a buyer for the old one and he only had 2 on lot Lux w/ air and sunroof so the choice was pewter or yellow.
I had to do the deal by Friday nite to get the extra $1000 off.
The wife didn't like yellow when she picked out the 03, actually she wanted pewter and found she liked white better once she saw them in person.
For the last couple of months she's been saying how she wanted to change and go yellow this time.
The next one will be white again (H1 )

Traded 03 White Lux
Ex H2&3 owner
Old 11-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Doc is off the scale

I didn't want to feel like I was driving a school bus, so I avoided yellow. Pewter looks good even when dirty. Besides, I think Pewter has a more rugged "military" look.

Brian
03 Pewter Lux
Old 11-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer Man likes yellow because it's the same color as the liquid in one of his fetishes.
And he desperately wants the traffic device so he can get home faster to try on his new high heels & panties.

HM, is your mom not only your dad's wife but his sister, too? Because that would explain a lot.
Sick monkey spanking tranny!!

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 11-02-03 at 09:50 AM.]
Old 11-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Hummer Expert

DRTYFN, It is so funny you said that because your Mom & Sister both think I'm great in bed!

And the yellow liquid you were commenting on came from them! But it's okay I loved it!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn!! I should've laid money on you going to the "mom/sister/girlfriend" comeback. At least I tied mine into the lack of genetic diversity in your family tree.

Think you're gonna get the hang of that voting thing next year?
You are a pee-pee freak, aren't you? You SMST!!!