H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BFG ATs or MTs

Well, at 20k, the stockers are about all used up. I'd like to hear from you folks that have them. I'm going with the BFGs, but the question is all terrain or mud terrains.

Are the mud terrains THAT much better than the all terrains offroad? (I do go offroad and live in snow country)

Do the MTs wear out faster?

How much louder are they?

How do they handle in hard cornering? (I drive 45 miles on fast/slow mountain curves, hence the stockers dying at 20k so you get an idea)

Besides that, I've looked over all the sizes and there seems to be some in between sizes like 295, 305s etc. Did the 35s kill the performance that bad (it's bad enough, and I do use the H3 for commuting) Has anyone put 315 ATs on ? Would they be as bad as the MTs if the MTs are affecting handling? I positively need good road manners. I flog the KRAP out of the H3 every day, if I loose high speed cornering ability, I'm not sure I'd like the tire, even it equated to velcro offroad.

Thanky
Old 10-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BFG ATs or MTs

um I'm sorry, but if you've worn your stocks out at 20k, then you should buy a 550. If you go off road then yes you want MTs. I you live in Utah and drive on solid slick rock then go with ATs. Under any other sitrep go with the mts.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BFG ATs or MTs

I've had AT's on my 3/4 ton Dodge for a while now and will say that they last longer than most offroad tires and are the absolute best in the snow. Better than the MT's in the snow. However, they pick up every pea sized rock on the dirt roads and tend to flip them up onto my truck. This is double for mud and slime when the road is wet. Since the Bridgestones on my H3 slop crap all over the sides in the same conditions and are always stuffed with pea sized rocks, I WILL buy the MT's in a 315 size for the H3 soon. They handle really well in the rain and snow. If you "flog" your H3 that hard, you will have to adjust (i.e. slow it down a tad) with the MT's in the bad weather. I ran a set of MT's in Moab and I can say that the AT's have NOTHING on them on the slickrock. HTH!
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."