H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 PM

Timster is off the scale

After reading some of the post about how fellow members have handled these unfortunate situations with H2 haters.
I am amazed at how each one of you handled the situation differently but effectively.
I'm not sure I would be able to stay calm enough, but I guess that's the key.
I live in Northern California, and I'm sure I will run into a few H2 Haters.
I just hope it's not any time soon. I would like to enjoy the H2 a little more before I use it as weapon! LOL (just kidding).
Seriously how often have these H2 hater run inns happened?
Tim
Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 PM

Timster is off the scale

After reading some of the post about how fellow members have handled these unfortunate situations with H2 haters.
I am amazed at how each one of you handled the situation differently but effectively.
I'm not sure I would be able to stay calm enough, but I guess that's the key.
I live in Northern California, and I'm sure I will run into a few H2 Haters.
I just hope it's not any time soon. I would like to enjoy the H2 a little more before I use it as weapon! LOL (just kidding).
Seriously how often have these H2 hater run inns happened?
Tim
Old 09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Most people I see are not haters...most are all about the fuel and MPG questions. I am sick of it, and want to get a 13MPG tshirt.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:33 PM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

I live in northern California too and I have had my H2 for 9 months now, and I would say I have encountered hatred about 5 or 6 times but it has been months since the last incident. It was mostly just people giving me the finger and one time someone left a note on my widshield that said I was seriously overcomphensating for something.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Hummer Professional

alldunn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Most people I see are not haters...most are all about the fuel and MPG questions. I am sick of it, and want to get a 13MPG tshirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's about all I get too. I get it all the time at the gas pumps and I want to tell them to STFU. I usually tell them some crazy high number like 20MPG and they are like and don't say anything else to me.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

H2 Haters are one thing. They are normally clueless people who spout the usual erroneous b/s ("glorified Tahoe" ) because they are too lazy to do their own research for factual info.

The people that Dennis encountered are eco-terrorists. *******s who see nothing wrong to hurt you, your family, and/or your property to impose their belief, however screwed up.

The first group, you'll encounter sooner or later. Many are actually open to re-education. No biggie.

The second group I hope to NEVER meet. I don't know what I will do, but I sure don't want to go to jail.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Maybe you can hope on an earthquake opening a large crack in California that just happens to only suck up the wacko eco-terrorists, and maybe Nancy Pilosi also.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

What Finally said;
I have met group number one many times, I usually respond in a very open and non-defensive way. Show them the truck, tell them what I like about it and that the cost of ownership is comparable to other trucks out there.
By comparison, the Dodge Durango with the big V8 is probably the one that gets them.. I have a friend that has one and she gets worse mileage than I do. (BTW, she was the first person to razz me about the mileage and ride quality) She changed her mind rather quickly after I gave her a ride.

The second type I have never met in person but have seen the affects twice. First time the truck was less than 2 months old and it got keyed nose to tail on each side, (helped me justify serious off roading with it), the second time some fine upstanding member (or wanna-be member)of the Eco Terrorist community shot out my rear window with a bb gun
Old 09-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Timster is off the scale

Hummertech,
We can only hope! (Too funny)
And if it's a big enough hole I should be able to put the H2 in low and climb right out! Leavig the wacko, eco-terrrorists and Nancy P. to enjoy each others company.

H2Finally,
I to hope I'm never exposed to the eco-terrorists.

Thanks for you support,
Tim
Old 09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I have not run into any H2 haters. I do get frequent stares by people who look like they are worshiping the vehicle before their eyes. Its beyond me that someone would hate an automobile.

I do FREQUENTLY get the gas mileage question....when i still had a temp tag i thought about getting a license plate that read "12MPG". Now when people ask me i tell them the answer i got from someone on here....it goes something like: "you know, many people do not realize the H2 now comes with an internal nitrogen combustion chamber which when activateD allows the vehicle to get approximately 32 mpg". This seems to catch people dumbfounded and they dont even have a response.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 09-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Today I was at the local NAPA and upon leaving I see this guy with his shirt half off looking all over the truck. Here is how it goes:

him: "NICE TRUCK!"

Me: "Thanks - I love it!"

Him: "What do you get for gas milage with those tires?"

Me: "About 13MPG."

Him: *shocked in a bad way* "WOW!"

Me: "yeah, that is about what my GMC full size got too!"

Him: "OH really? Does it have one of those Hemi's in it?"

Me: "Um, no, this has a GM 6.0 in it..."

Him *confused* "How much did it go for?"

Me: "About 52K."

Him: "****, that ain't bad - small bed though."

Me: "Yeah, it folds down with a midgate with like the Chevy Avalanche.

Him: "Wow, that is cool...toss a mattress in there and get it done!"

Me: "HAHA!, Yeah - have a nice day!"

Him: "Yea, you too!"

Old 09-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

3 years of ownership.

Numerous run-ins with mouthy people with hurtful comments. But most of them actually ended with a laugh and a, "Cool! Take it easy buddy and sorry for the comment. I was just jerkin with ya." Those we all get no matter what we drive. Hummer owners just get it unusually more often.

About a dozen or more physical confrontations usually ending with one(Or more) or both walking away hurt. I'm not the type to walk away from a toe to toe invite IF I'M ALONE. With wife and kids it's very rare for me to stay and duke it out. with the exception of the "Bear Spray" incident and "The Toe" scandal , I don't bother posting everything that has happened during the course of my H2 ownership.

But come on now, let's get real. Being a Hummer owner in todays world view, are you all surprised?

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-06-2005, 06:19 PM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
H2 Haters are one thing. They are normally clueless people who spout the usual erroneous b/s ("glorified Tahoe" ) because they are too lazy to do their own research for factual info.

The people that Dennis encountered are eco-terrorists. *******s who see nothing wrong to hurt you, your family, and/or your property to impose their belief, however screwed up.

The first group, you'll encounter sooner or later. Many are actually open to re-education. No biggie.

The second group I hope to NEVER meet. I don't know what I will do, but I sure don't want to go to jail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the truth. The first group is harmless and can be quite amusing - and actually some ARE open minded as H2F said - that's how they got the mind full of BS that they are regurgitating back at you in the first place! LOL The best looks/comments I get are when I'm towing our 3 horse trailer. All of a sudden, everyone seems to think the H2 looks the proper size and is the perfect vehicle! Too damn funny.

As for the earthquake...can it take Boxer and Feinstein too? PLEASE??? The Governator will be okay. He's got a Hummer.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM

rodster is off the scale

I hear you, Tim, and it's important (at least it is for me) to keep perspective.

This forum is a focal point for all things Hummer, both good and bad. If you let the bad get to you it's pretty easy to imagine there's a hater behind every tree. That's just not true. Sure, there are haters out there but there are far more people who love the Hummer. And what's more, in spite of all the emotion we attach to our trucks, most people really don't give a hoot.

One other personal observation: I bumped into a few haters when I first got my truck. Back then, being a lux edition, it had lots of chrome. Seven months later the truck is de-chromed and I get nothing but positive comments and haven't bumped into a single negative person. Not sure if that's a coincidence although I imagine it is.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One other personal observation: I bumped into a few haters when I first got my truck. Back then, being a lux edition, it had lots of chrome. Seven months later the truck is de-chromed and I get nothing but positive comments </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting observation. wonder if they are more accepted or the chrome brings out the worst in people. My personnal opinion is when I see an H2 fully chromed out, I ask WTF.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Most people I see are not haters...most are all about the fuel and MPG questions. I am sick of it, and want to get a 13MPG tshirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the T-shirt below.

Timster, we live in Virginia Beach and not had a bad remark or vandal incident.
(knock on ma noggin')

But a lot of our friends here on the forum have had unfortunate incidents and they do seem to be concentrated out on the west coast and other places.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2005, 07:42 PM

Timster is off the scale

h2co-pilot,
Thanks for the support, where can I get a "T" shirt? I want to add a pic of my H2 to it!

Oh ya Happy B'Day!

Tim
Old 09-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tim.

I don't know where to get it, I just happened to come across that picture earlier today and saved it.

But I put a white Hummer on the pic for you.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Not to point out grammar problems on the day Gilligan passed away but the sentence “All your oil ARE belong to U.S” is grammatically incorrect.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
Not to point out grammar problems on the day Gilligan passed away but the sentence “All your oil ARE belong to U.S” is grammatically incorrect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's an internet thing. Meh