H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

geeroy10 is on a distinguished road
Default Colorado Guys..

Can you give me some info on living in Colorado? I am seriously considering a move in the next year and Colorado is near the top of my list. Being close to a metropolitan area isnt important, but is nice.. Any info is appreciated...

Oh and to keep this hummer related-- Show me some Colorado wheelin pics!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Colorado Guys..

We used to think it was great to live here. Beautiful weather, unbelievale scenery, year-round outdoor activities, mountain biking capital of the world, world-class wheeling.

But then Ken and Paragon informed us that all we have here are fire roads, so I guess it's not that great.

Here's and example of some fire roads. only 20 min outside for Denver.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=spring+creek
Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOL'ed when I read the thread title.

I thought it said Colorado Gays.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Hummer Novice

glassman66 is on a distinguished road

COlorado Rocks, I've been here since 89 and will never live anywhere else.

Haven't seen northern CA, so I would not count that out. Back to Co. The Denver metro area is great, plenty of business to go around for someone to start a business or career. The scenery is sweet and the eye candy rocks. However, the eye candy will hibernate in the next few months, but it can always be found at local hot spots or downtown bars.

The sports are great except for the Bronco fans that still are holding a grudge for the ass whooping my STEELERS threw down on them last year. We even had to lay down for them this year and they still won't let it go. I digress. The hockey is great too. Love th AVS.

The only thing that sucks is there is no water. So don't plan on boating unless you like large pond that you have to water ski in a counter-clockwise motion. I'm from Central NY and that is the one thing I miss.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here for about 3 years. Moved from SE WI. BEst move I have ever made. WHeelin, you will never run every trail in CO. There are so many to choose from. If you are an outdoors person, but need the city for working, Denver or any of the Metro areas are great!

Evergreen is where all the lucky, matching shock boot driving, people live. Houses are more costly up there, but IMO, it would be the best choice to relocate to. That puts one foot in the moutains and a very short drive down a major freeway to the city life.

I know someone up there that is building a new monster garage. He should have room for all your stuff until you buy your pad.

What type of work do you do? Denver and the metro areas have so much opportunity.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
Evergreen is where all the lucky, matching shock boot driving, people live. Houses are more costly up there, but IMO, it would be the best choice to relocate to. That puts one foot in the moutains and a very short drive down a major freeway to the city life.

Evergreen is almost known by many as the welding capital of the west.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
But then Ken and Paragon informed us that all we have here are fire roads, so I guess it's not that great.

Here's and example of some fire roads. only 20 min outside for Denver.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=spring+creek
Haha, that fire road is "Maintained". LMFAO!!!!!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...33&postcount=1
Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

I came here from NY just to visit a few times, but once i saw whats its like here it was a no-brainer. I have a business based in NY and I liked it so much out here I moved and run my business remotely, flying back to NY every month or so to check up on things. I would give up it all to be out here man, its awesome.

The snowmobiling is the best in the US, the trails are excelent, and people are just plain nicer. The weather is one of the best things, it barely EVER rains. In NY it would rain for weeks sometimes only stoping for a few hours. Here it rains for 5 mins every 2 weeks. You wake up to a sunny beautiful day every day. AWESOME.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
I came here from NY just to visit a few times, but once i saw whats its like here it was a no-brainer. I have a business based in NY and I liked it so much out here I moved and run my business remotely, flying back to NY every month or so to check up on things. I would give up it all to be out here man, its awesome.

The snowmobiling is the best in the US, the trails are excelent, and people are just plain nicer. The weather is one of the best things, it barely EVER rains. In NY it would rain for weeks sometimes only stoping for a few hours. Here it rains for 5 mins every 2 weeks. You wake up to a sunny beautiful day every day. AWESOME.

--John

John only says this becuase he has a GREAT next door neighbor.

CO, i need pics of the new garage.... I thinking of either moving, or doing major renovation and the gargage is on the top of the list!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Come on, you haven't run us on anything else.

Besides, look at the names of the places there: Spring Creek, Waldorf 4wd Road, Lefthand Canyon, 4 mile Travel Management, Bocco, Garden Park Trails, Penrose Trails, Texas Creek, Red Cone, Alpine Loop, Chinamans Gulch, Saran Wrap.... etc.

Where's the widowmakers, hell's stuff, devil things, hammer, bents, masher, smasher.... etc. Did piano playing seamstresses name the trails out there or what.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

I've been looking at Evergreen online and it seems like a great place. Exactly what we are looking for. How far is Evergreen from places like Vail or Breckenridge? Also, do you have to run chains or studs in the winter there?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeroy10
I've been looking at Evergreen online and it seems like a great place. Exactly what we are looking for. How far is Evergreen from places like Vail or Breckenridge? Also, do you have to run chains or studs in the winter there?

Depending where you are at in Evergreen, it's only about 35 minutes to Breck/ about an hour to Vail. Keep in mind you have one pass to go over to Breck and two to Vail. Durring bad weather, chains aren't a bad idea.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

thanks. this sounds like a great idea. Ive been looking for some school data also, I have a 2 year old, so its not a huge deal right now, but it will be soon enough. Of course the first thing my wife thought of when we talked about schools is Colombine.. I am sure the schools are way better than here... Any insight?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Come on, you haven't run us on anything else.

Besides, look at the names of the places there: Spring Creek, Waldorf 4wd Road, Lefthand Canyon, 4 mile Travel Management, Bocco, Garden Park Trails, Penrose Trails, Texas Creek, Red Cone, Alpine Loop, Chinamans Gulch, Saran Wrap.... etc.

Where's the widowmakers, hell's stuff, devil things, hammer, bents, masher, smasher.... etc. Did piano playing seamstresses name the trails out there or what.

Those are whimpy names. Not really politically correct, but nonetheless, whimpy.

Personally, I think Colorado is a fantastic place to visit (just like all of the West), but I wouldn't want to live there. I like being close to the ocean, Florida, the mountains, and having that feeling like I can go for a walk in the woods and not be instantly killed by grizzlys, mountain lions, elk, exposure, snow in August, etc. I like being close all different cities and areas. The West is just too big, and everything is so far apart.

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 11-13-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeroy10
thanks. this sounds like a great idea. Ive been looking for some school data also, I have a 2 year old, so its not a huge deal right now, but it will be soon enough. Of course the first thing my wife thought of when we talked about schools is Colombine.. I am sure the schools are way better than here... Any insight?
All of the schools up there are ticking time bombs.

It's due to the lack of oxygen at altitude. It makes some kids go Alec and do crap like columbine. Evergreen sounds good because it has lot of conifers.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The trails out here are much "tougher" for the H2 then the Moab trails. To much earth moving underneath your heavy asses.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

And for once, I agree with Johndjmastermixalothavingfun...

The people are just plain nice, the snowboarding is great, the wheeling is great, downtown is fun (if you have a ****ing clue about having a good time)...The mountains are awesome, our sports teams rock, the ladies are cute, great shopping, good economy...

Old 11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I like being close to the ocean, Florida, the mountains, and having that feeling like I can go for a walk in the woods and not be instantly killed by grizzlys, mountain lions, elk, exposure, snow in August, etc. I like being close all different cities and areas. The West is just too big, and everything is so far apart.

Besides the fact that you are a wuss......... What part of Pennsylvania is close to Florida?

I love Colorado since it's so close to great scuba diving in Cancun.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

I can't argue, it sucks that Colorado is so far from my other fav place, Florida....but man, come here for a month in the summer and tell me you dont like it. Its like Florida but without the rain!!! SUN HOT every day!!!

Besides, Fort Collins Colorado is the #1 place to live in the USA!

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/

#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, ill let you know when we r redneck wheeling again up at bunt school....

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch