H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 AM

ButtUGLY is off the scale

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy an H2, and been doing some shopping online, and some researches. I have a couple questions I hope you guys can help me with them.

- Is there any known issues with the 2003 model? I'm looking to buy a used one, but if the 2005 and 2003 have the same milage, am I missing anything by going with a 2003? any recalls? or known issues with the 2003 since it's the first year?

- 3rd roll seat is optional. "if I don't buy an H2 that has the 3rd roll seat, can I add it later on?

- I have a stadart house in California with the 2 cars garage, will it fit? I heard from some, the vehicle was too high to fit in the garage, if that happens what can I do?

- Have you guys had any experiences with the super charger for the H2? I have testdriven a couple of them and I felt that it lacks a bit on the torque, hopefully the supercharger can help with it.

- As in maintanace wise, what am I looking into here. I'm a pretty handy man, usually change my own oil, install my own stereo, change my own fluids, and I can work with the mods bolt on-stuff. So I think I can do some stuff by avoiding going to the dealer, but is there some basic esentials where only the dealer can perform?

Thanks for the inputs, I really appreciate it, I'm checking and found some H2s in the mid $30Ks, where I would like to save some money on the side for the rails and guards, plus the super-charger and basic bolt on stuff.

Thanks again..
Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy an H2, and been doing some shopping online, and some researches. I have a couple questions I hope you guys can help me with them.

- Is there any known issues with the 2003 model? I'm looking to buy a used one, but if the 2005 and 2003 have the same milage, am I missing anything by going with a 2003? any recalls? or known issues with the 2003 since it's the first year?

- 3rd roll seat is optional. "if I don't buy an H2 that has the 3rd roll seat, can I add it later on?

- I have a stadart house in California with the 2 cars garage, will it fit? I heard from some, the vehicle was too high to fit in the garage, if that happens what can I do?

- Have you guys had any experiences with the super charger for the H2? I have testdriven a couple of them and I felt that it lacks a bit on the torque, hopefully the supercharger can help with it.

- As in maintanace wise, what am I looking into here. I'm a pretty handy man, usually change my own oil, install my own stereo, change my own fluids, and I can work with the mods bolt on-stuff. So I think I can do some stuff by avoiding going to the dealer, but is there some basic esentials where only the dealer can perform?

Thanks for the inputs, I really appreciate it, I'm checking and found some H2s in the mid $30Ks, where I would like to save some money on the side for the rails and guards, plus the super-charger and basic bolt on stuff.

Thanks again..
Old 01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is that gif with the funny looking hand?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

'03 has better stock stereo, except you can't get navigation radio unless you do a retro-fit.

'03 also doesn't have the ghey lights in the rear bumper

Yeah, you can SC, many here have.

fits in standard garage as a stock vehicle

you can add 3rd seat later

maintenance is just like any other 4x4 vehicle
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ButtUGLY:
- Have you guys had any experiences with the super charger for the H2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw a guy blow up his rig with one in Moab.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale

I would buy the newest one I could. The 04 and 05 might still be under warranty.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ButtUGLY:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know that you can add one later. I know in Yukons if it doesnt have on factory it will be missing the brackets needed to secure the seat...so look for the brackets in the floor.

Most likely you will not use the third row seat. I have it and RARELY use it(this seems to be the general concensus). It is kinda a pain to get into and i find people would rather go four deep in the second row than crawl in the third row.

Lastly, just find one you like at a price you like--youll love it!

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

The third seat can be added if it didnt come with one. It could fit in garage if door opening is tall enough, my H2 is about 81" tall with the cross over bars .
Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 PM

Thanks guys, those are great feedbacks... Now its time to shop for one, I see some 2003s with pretty low miles, just gotta start calling them.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks guys, those are great feedbacks... Now its time to shop for one, I see some 2003s with pretty low miles, just gotta start calling them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, mine is not for sale
Old 01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ButtUgly...Mines for Sale!!!
Pick Me!!! Pick Me!!!

Ric-H2
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

- I have a stadart house in California with the 2 cars garage, will it fit? I heard from some, the vehicle was too high to fit in the garage, if that happens what can I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although mine fit, it was VERY tight! So, your option: hire a builder come knock down some brick and widen the doors, then raise them 1-foot to accommodate future light bars like I am doing!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 01-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
'03 has better stock stereo, except you can't get navigation radio unless you do a retro-fit.

'03 also doesn't have the ghey lights in the rear bumper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definitely a better stereo, and I hate those stupid lights. You could close a runway with them.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
- I have a stadart house in California with the 2 cars garage, will it fit? I heard from some, the vehicle was too high to fit in the garage, if that happens what can I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although mine fit, it was VERY tight! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What's wrong with a tight fit?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

'03 also doesn't have the ghey lights in the rear bumper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definitely a better stereo, and I hate those stupid lights. You could close a runway with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x10 on the bumper lights. I took the bulbs out of mine.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
Hey ButtUgly...Mines for Sale!!!
Pick Me!!! Pick Me!!!

Ric-H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...suuurrrreee it is Ric.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:

What's wrong with a tight fit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering the same thing.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

What's wrong with a tight fit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering the same thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK... obviously the wrong thing to post here! Let's clarify -- the GARAGE TIGHT FIT isn't so good, always worried I will take down the walls when I back in the truck!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Rox is such a perv.