H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got out of hospital, Tonight my wife and I were in a very bad 4 car accident. We were stoped at a stop light, The next thing we knew we were hit from the ass end by a jeep, Police advise me that the driver of the jeep was doing any were between 55 to 60 MPH upon inpack jeep did not break at all!! My Hummer went up over the car in front of me, Car was a honda civ I was on top of the roof of the honda,I turn to the left to keep from driving all the was over, Drive of honda has a broken neck. My HUMMER was push 55 feet from inpack of the jeep. The Jeep that his us dead in the ass end, you could not tell what it was at all, the front end was missing, all over the road. all I could see was what look like a frame and maybe a windshild left. Police and Fire advised me that the motor of the jeep was in the back seat of the jeep. Police would not advise me of the driver healt at all, The jeep hit with such force it blew at my left side back window. Police advised me that the Hummer saved are life tonight. Wife has one hell of head ack and sore neck. Me I am very sore from back , neck and bruse ribs. But I am alive to be able to write this thanks to are Hummer H2. Hummer looks like hell. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I am thinking a lot of ass end damage done. Will try to get picture for you all. Right now I am Looking on the bright side, I will get a new Hummer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] out of this mess. But I thank god that I was in a Hummer. And after this I will drive nothing other then a Hummer. MY question is how in the sam hell can a person not see this thing? I am a retire police Capt, and been out on a lot of accident, but I never seen a vehicle mash like that jeep was.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Just got out of hospital, Tonight my wife and I were in a very bad 4 car accident. We were stoped at a stop light, The next thing we knew we were hit from the ass end by a jeep, Police advise me that the driver of the jeep was doing any were between 55 to 60 MPH upon inpack jeep did not break at all!! My Hummer went up over the car in front of me, Car was a honda civ I was on top of the roof of the honda,I turn to the left to keep from driving all the was over, Drive of honda has a broken neck. My HUMMER was push 55 feet from inpack of the jeep. The Jeep that his us dead in the ass end, you could not tell what it was at all, the front end was missing, all over the road. all I could see was what look like a frame and maybe a windshild left. Police and Fire advised me that the motor of the jeep was in the back seat of the jeep. Police would not advise me of the driver healt at all, The jeep hit with such force it blew at my left side back window. Police advised me that the Hummer saved are life tonight. Wife has one hell of head ack and sore neck. Me I am very sore from back , neck and bruse ribs. But I am alive to be able to write this thanks to are Hummer H2. Hummer looks like hell. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I am thinking a lot of ass end damage done. Will try to get picture for you all. Right now I am Looking on the bright side, I will get a new Hummer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] out of this mess. But I thank god that I was in a Hummer. And after this I will drive nothing other then a Hummer. MY question is how in the sam hell can a person not see this thing? I am a retire police Capt, and been out on a lot of accident, but I never seen a vehicle mash like that jeep was.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Me Again. The worst part of the accident tonight, My wife and I were coming home from are 4 year anniversary dinner.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:06 AM

H2HH is off the scale

AH-
Glad you are both alive! I'll pray for the Honda driver.
H
Old 12-12-2002, 10:30 AM

buddy is off the scale

I'm sure sorry to hear about this. We'll be praying for all of you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Buddy
Old 12-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

What a shock. So sorry to hear of your accident. Just be sure and get checked out good by a doctor. Your injuries could take several days to show symptoms.

Thanks for keeping your Humbuddies here advised. This is getting to be like a family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-12-2002, 12:54 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Hope everyone is okay. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today. Take the advice about seeing a doctor...it will take a few days for you to realize the extent of your injuries.

Take care and godspeed,
Kelley
Old 12-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I figured it would just be a matter of time until someone had their life saved because of the H2. Just imagine if you had been in a Camry or some other medium-sized sedan!

For that matter, had your H2 not absorbed and deadened the lethal blow of the imposing Jeep...others may have been killed: the H2 may have actually saved others lives as well.

Please heal well and take care of yourself!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:44 PM

dr p is off the scale

Glad to hear your still writing and pray for others. I just wanted to reiterate what someone said I once went to a lecture by a chiropractor and in some states physicians will sent whiplash victims directly to chiropractor in states like ours though they don't. whiplash treated within the first 24 hours by chiro does much better than treated later on. One of my patients is a chiropractor and he agrees.
Best of luck
Dr P
Old 12-12-2002, 03:54 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Oh Hummerboy we will definitely think about you while you and Mrs. Hummerboy heal!

Glad to hear that the H2 did it's job! There are always replacements for the H2s...but not for US!!

Be sure that you are checked out thoroughly. Some fractures esp. in the neck area don't show up right away. Keep on the down low until your body recoups.

A chiropractor will do all the necessary steps before he attempts to manipulate your body and that will definitely help remove swelling and stiffness with a nice alignment!!!

Our thoughts are with you guys and the poor folks the hummer went over.

~amy
Old 12-12-2002, 04:56 PM

AL  MOORE is off the scale

AZ,

I am so glad that you are with us. I think that a Friday night update on your family would be much appreciated by everyone. Maybe a "saftey Orange" H2 next time.

AL

"Follow the white rabit" .. 1999
Old 12-12-2002, 10:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I am so sorry to hear this and am very relieved to know that you and your wife are okay. Hang in there.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:20 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

allglad to know you and wife are ok.. thank god the h2 did its job....all our thoughts are with you and the misses.... speedy recovery...soft
Old 12-12-2002, 11:48 PM

marinron is off the scale

What a horrific tragedy. My greatest fear is that I become inattentive and rear end someone else with the H2. I don't think the results would be the same. Wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery.

Ron
Old 12-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Thanks Everyone for your kind thoughts, we are all a Hummer family of one. My wife and I are still very sore from the accident. I spoke to my dealer Scottsdale Hummer, they are looking at totaling the Hummer out, at 330 pm they were up to $35,000 dollars in damage and still looking to add more to the list. Bent frame back axold was turn side ways, body of vehicle was bow. Hummer is a mess but we walked away sore. The honda I drove over, I found out that the kid broke his neck after he was hid sideway from a small truck and not the Hummer, Still no info on person in jeep other then they were in very bad shape.
The wife and I are looking forward to getting a New Hummer, but the fight is on, she wants a H2 I looking at a H1, she will end up with the H2. I now making a list off all the safty equipment I can put on it. I want heavy duty brush gard put on it, and a hevy duty bumper put on the back. I am afrade to get into any thing smaller then a Hummer, that why I looking at a H1. But I still Love the H2. I spoke to Hummer today about the safty of the vehicle, so I am sending them so picture of it.I will post pic for you also. I am trying to get a pic of the jeep that hit me also.
And once again Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I fell like I know everyone of you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I am looking forward to meeting you all at the Hummer events.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

That must have been SOME impact. It looks like you must have hit your head VERY VERY hard.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:24 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

That's one reason I picked a HUMMER. I was thinking if this happened to me, I would probably walk away from this as you did.

Glad you are ALL OK

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

PS....Get another H2......
Old 12-13-2002, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

OLE YLLR is an unknown quantity at this point

I READ THIS AND SHOWED IT TO MY WIFE, NEEDLESS TO SAY WE ARE BOTH HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE BOTH OK. WE WERE IN A SIMILIAR SITUATION ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO IN OUR F15O AND BOTH SUFFERED WHIPLASH, WHICH TO THIS DAY I STILL SUFFER FROM AFTER EFFECTS. AGAIN GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE BOTH OK. TAKE CARE AND GODSPEED OLE YLLR
Old 12-13-2002, 04:25 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

AZ-Boy,

I've made a firm decision...based largely on what happened to you and your family. In my garage I have an old 1969 Karmann Ghia Convertible with a fairly souped-up engine. It's fun, it's quick, it gets cute-attention (as oppossed to serious attention)....but alas....it's a little death-trap...devoid of todays safety features entirely.

As a family man of 3 children I owe it to myself not to drive such an antiquated and dangerous vehicle. I'm going to sell it. Period.

If your H2 didn't absorb so much of that incredible impact...who knows what would have become of other vehicles and people involved. Thank God your alright.

On another note, the H1 is not built with crush-zones and impact absorbtion....its built to transport people into and out of battle...to take abuse and keep on going. YOU are very safe in the H1...but the other vehicle would receive as much sympathy as if it hit a concrete wall. Had you been in an H1...the driver of the jeep would likely not have come through...but that's another thread. what matters here is that you and your family are safe. God Bless & heal well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 11:31 AM

Steve 2 is off the scale

Same here. I have a 1991 Mercury Capri in the garage. I live in South Florida and have had many near misses. I am giving the car to my daughter who lives in rural upstate NY. She can drive to work and not pass another car for the entire 30 minute drive.