H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 09-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

ipeefreely is on a distinguished road
Default FS H2 HID's.

Alright, you guys have probably seen me in other threads selling stuff. I've been seriously pawning items out of my car, trying to change the look of it recently as i've gotten some cash =P
Anyways...... It's kind of a waste as I'm trying to sell my HID because i only had these things installed in my car for like 2-3 months. Im seling them because I bought 89vette's old hid's. These things are cool though, they look EXACTLY like the stock oem headlights but then when you turn em on at night time, you can blind people.

My HID's are almost identical to these, except they're just a different brand:

http://www.h2source.com/del-hid.htm

These things are really really bright. They shine a blueish beam out and its pretty blinding. I only have the low beams installed on these babies as my cousin informed me that it is illegal and dangerous to install the high beams. I didnt believe him at first but when i drove behind my friend, he said he couldnt see anything at all =P

Anyways heres some pics of it in action at night time: (these pictures were taken 9/27/06 at 11pm!! Man it was dark)

As you can see, normal looking headlights...and then...

You let the light show begin!!

From the Front.

And from the back.

Ok so heres the deal. Prefereably I'm selling these HID's with only low beams because i really think it's dangerous if you install the high beams into it. You CAN buy the second ballast off of me and install high beams if you really really think you need it (but i dont think you guys will need it). But if you guys still think you do, i'll throw it in for like 200 bucks.
As for the kit i showed above in the picture, I don't want to high ball anyone for pricing, but i can guarentee you i'll sell it for AT LEAST 40% cheaper than that HID i listed in the link at first. I'm asking for about 750 shipped. But let me know what your offers are, i'm very flexible on the price here so dont be afraid to send me a pm if you have questions on anything. Alright thanks guys.

Last edited by ipeefreely : 09-28-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Diceman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FS H2 HID's.

Still have the HID's?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

yeahhh of course
Old 10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

Why did you buy different HID's?
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

If by different you mean "why didnt you buy the deltas?". I found out about the deltas AFTER i got my HID's.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Hummer Professional

SCB51861 is on a distinguished road

i JUST BOUGHT A SET OF E-BAY. tHEY HAVE THEM ANYWHERE FROM 6000 UP TO 12000. ( 6000 BEING THE BRIGHTES AND 12000 BEING THE BLUEST) I GOT THE 8000 BULB THAT IS BOTH HIGH/LOW BEAM. IT ACTUALY MOVES UP AND DOWN AND WORKS OFF ONE BALLAST. MANUFACTURE IS McCULLOCH. CANT BELIVE THE DIFFERENCE. THEY WERE $360.00 SHIPPED. WELL WORTH EVERY $$.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Alright, i digged into this matter and looked up WHY McCULLOCH is so cheap. Be prepared SCB. =P

Brand: McCulloch
History: http://www.mccullochpower.com/ebpage.asp?page=history
McCulloch started out with "power tools" - typical things like lawn mowers.
IT got bought out by Jenn Feng Industrial Co in 1999, a Taiwanese company that does similar things.

The truth: I have been told my a few McCulloch HID dealers that McCullochs are "Made in USA". Some say - Made in Taiwan. The truth is... it's definitely not made in USA, and the claim of "Made in Taiwan" is also quentionable.
If you goto McCulloch's parent company - Jenn Feng's website, you can see that they source their HID from Maxtel- another company that they bought out. Maxtel is known to be manufactured in China (sometimes Taiwan).

DOT: Failed. Which means, it's actually illegal to have these kits on the cars. SImilar company, Astex failed the same test from DOT as McCulloch, and they were forced to do a recall with no cost to the customer.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testin...atrept.041.doc See page 8.
Also, you can do a search for Astex on google to find out more about the recall. - Not sure if McCulloch will be forced to do a recall or terminate sales by DOT

I've also checked on other forums. If you guys go to google and type in Mcculloch HID's. And look the results where it has a "RE" in front of it, you can find information regarding bad feedback concerning flickering of the lights.

I also found good feedbacks on the lights. THey're the cheapest lights on the market, and some are loyal to the lights and their quality. BUt the bottom line is that these things are made in taiwan/china. THough the quality of the products of these countries have been improving, i guess it's a risk the buyer decides whether to take or not.

Last edited by ipeefreely : 10-03-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely
Alright, i digged into this matter and looked up WHY McCULLOCH is so cheap. Be prepared SCB. =P

Brand: McCulloch
History: http://www.mccullochpower.com/ebpage.asp?page=history
McCulloch started out with "power tools" - typical things like lawn mowers.
IT got bought out by Jenn Feng Industrial Co in 1999, a Taiwanese company that does similar things.

The truth: I have been told my a few McCulloch HID dealers that McCullochs are "Made in USA". Some say - Made in Taiwan. The truth is... it's definitely not made in USA, and the claim of "Made in Taiwan" is also quentionable.
If you goto McCulloch's parent company - Jenn Feng's website, you can see that they source their HID from Maxtel- another company that they bought out. Maxtel is known to be manufactured in China (sometimes Taiwan).

DOT: Failed. Which means, it's actually illegal to have these kits on the cars. SImilar company, Astex failed the same test from DOT as McCulloch, and they were forced to do a recall with no cost to the customer.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testin...atrept.041.doc See page 8.
Also, you can do a search for Astex on google to find out more about the recall. - Not sure if McCulloch will be forced to do a recall or terminate sales by DOT

I've also checked on other forums. If you guys go to google and type in Mcculloch HID's. And look the results where it has a "RE" in front of it, you can find information regarding bad feedback concerning flickering of the lights.

I also found good feedbacks on the lights. THey're the cheapest lights on the market, and some are loyal to the lights and their quality. BUt the bottom line is that these things are made in taiwan/china. THough the quality of the products of these countries have been improving, i guess it's a risk the buyer decides whether to take or not.

I dont know of to many things that arent made in Taiwan/China ( except my dash boards). I know 2 guys that have had the lights for going on a year and love them. I guess for the price it is a gamble I am willing to take. Lets face it if they go bad I can buy another set for about the same money you want. Also remember these are HIGH & LOW BEAM for which you also wanted extra money. So I guess I can buy 3 sets for your price.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

So let me get this straight. You drive a hummer h2 and want to take the risk of replacing your HID's 3 times?
Well alright, i guess if that floats your boat buddy. But anyhoo, if you think my lights are a complete rip off, i just ask that you dont buy em. It seems like you and your two friends are perfectly happy with your lights anyways. But for those who want some quality HID's which they dont need to replace, they have the option of purchasing mine.
With that said, i'd like to keep this thread to questions regarding MY HID's. If you want to sell and advertise your own to the public, i think theres a button here for a "new thread" or if you just like arguing with me about my lights, you're welcome to pm me and we can carry this silly debate in private. Thanks

Last edited by ipeefreely : 10-04-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, can't we all just get along?
SCB, stick with what you know...dashboards and steering wheels hahaha (you know them well mine came out awesome!)
If we Hummer guys don't have brotherhood, what do we have as Hummer owners (besides cool ass rigs?)
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTAR
Hey guys, can't we all just get along?
SCB, stick with what you know...dashboards and steering wheels hahaha (you know them well mine came out awesome!)
If we Hummer guys don't have brotherhood, what do we have as Hummer owners (besides cool ass rigs?)

I know I know dashboards best and thats why I don't understand why you havn't got one??!!
Old 10-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Speaking of dashboards, do you do LED replacements on the lights on the dash?
Old 10-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely
Speaking of dashboards, do you do LED replacements on the lights on the dash?

no, sorry the only thing I do with lights is by illegal cheap ones made in Taiwan
Old 10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Hummer Professional

[quote=SCB51861]SORRY, I WONT BE INSULTING, RUDE OR WHATEVER. I DO NOT CARRY LIGHTS ONLY DASHBOARDS.

Last edited by SCB51861 : 10-07-2006 at 03:21 PM.