H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road
Default Weird tourist gawkers

Tonight we had to pick up some things for the weekend so we went to Walmart on the beach which was crowded with tourists. We got done (after a near fight in the self check out but that's another story) and went to the truck. We got out to get in the truck and these older folks are staring. Start walking all around the truck while we're trying to back up. Smiling, pointing, and freaking out over said truck. Mind you, we saw 4 more on the way home so it's not like it was a spaceship. They keep staring all the way to the building, walking backwards to do so. The guy even came up to the truck to say something it seemed, only to smile and just stare. Totally creepy. I even said hi cause he was right up in my face almost. Must be a full moon or something.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weird tourist gawkers

Welcome to my world... I experience stuff like this almost daily. Over here, hummers are like a spaceship. You just don't see 'em.

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 05-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time I've gotten gas someone has walked up and asked about the mileage. They look in disbelief when I say 11 mpg because they've heard it's 8 mpg. Just this week at the grocery store a 30ish young man came over and asked if he could just sit in it and coming out of Walmart I found a teenager who asked if I minded if he looked "under my truck." He got back up and was awed by all the protection and skid plates. I continue to be amazed at the attention these vehicles draw! In the Midwest there seems to be a real appreciation for the offroad capabilities of a Hummer as opposed to the left coast where Hummer owners are sometimes targets of the finger. Last night on CNN they actually said that the volcano going off in Patagonia has put more of a carbon footprint in the atmosphere than all the vehicles in the world have in the last 6 months!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Hummer Expert

We have never gotten the finger yet and maybe only one dirty look so far. Maybe those tourists had never seen one but it was still strange. LOL I believe that on the volcano, more people should hear that kind of news instead of blaming everyone for driving a certain vehicle.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 05-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

I said it before and I'll say it again, only because I like you, actually I'll spell it out, "urban legend" you know.

The "yellow" Hummers are the ones that either chicks or dudes with little peckers drive. That's the word on the street.

Ask people that don't know you own a yellow Hummer...what the yellow Hummer symbolizes...I dare ya....

Kind of like "Porche" they look cool and all...but they're for chicks to drive.

That said, don't shoot the messenger.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Hummer Expert

And why would that be? Seriously. And we didn't know that when we got it so screw that legend, it be not true!
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 05-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Hummer Guru

Hey now, don't shoot the messenger...it may not be true to you but it's true to many more than you might think.

The quickest way to find it is to google search the words "yellow hummer penis envy" that's for all the chickas out there.

Then try "yellow hummer little penis' and you shall see.

I like your yellow Hummer...I would have bought one if it didn't have that stigma attached to it.

You know, I don't want to draw attention to my penis size and all that....

Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

finall is on a distinguished road

That yellow hummer stuff is made up by mental midgets! And, if you really believe it, you should not have the privelidge of driving a yellow hummer.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by finall
That yellow hummer stuff is made up by mental midgets! And, if you really believe it, you should not have the privelidge of driving a yellow hummer.

Thank you! A voice of reason finally!!! PS I googled the yellow penis Hummer thing and all I got was a bunch of losers on a site called Yelp talking about all Hummers. Yellow showed up in the search because one poster said his neighbor or something had one. These losers also hate any kind of expensive vehicle because in their world it makes them feel good to bash something they can't afford or don't understand. Oh and this wasn't being all like look at me I can afford it because I'm not rich either. My point is that they bash things they can't have usually. One person even bashed Harleys on there. I mean come on! I love my yellow H2 and Big Dad, I know you're messing around and all so this isn't aimed at you.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World

Last edited by Karsun : 05-25-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Hummer Guru

Yeah...but if I can't pull your leg...who's can I pull!

Old 05-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

I WAS DISAPPOINTED THEY DID AWAY WITH THE YELLOW....
Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

That will teach you for shopping at WalMart.....
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Bill

But I love Walmart!
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Bill

Maybe that was it...the irony of driving an H2 and shopping at Wal-Mart for everyday low prices in order to drive it.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

SirFer is on a distinguished road

I was in a store one time and my girlfriend had just left to drive home with her friends and she called me and said someone was on my car, so I laughed and was like ok, buhbye. Looked out the store window and sure enough 2 girls were sitting on the hood of my H2 and some guy was taking pictures of them. So I pay and walk out and they're walking inside so I smile at them and say "Wanna see the inside?" (I directed this to the 2 girls because they're both finneeee and the guy looks to be of questionable sexuality so I figured he can't be a boyfriend, though then they start talking and I realize they're French so who knows.) So they sound quite suprised that it's mine and say sure. So the 2 girls take turns hopping in and getting their pictures taken pretending to drive it. It was pretty cool, they told me that it's impossible to get one over there because the roads are too narrow and gas is too expensive. I was kinda afraid when I found out they were French that they might like go off on me and my excessive American vehicle but they were actually pretty cool.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFer
I was in a store one time and my girlfriend had just left to drive home with her friends and she called me and said someone was on my car, so I laughed and was like ok, buhbye. Looked out the store window and sure enough 2 girls were sitting on the hood of my H2 and some guy was taking pictures of them. So I pay and walk out and they're walking inside so I smile at them and say "Wanna see the inside?" (I directed this to the 2 girls because they're both finneeee and the guy looks to be of questionable sexuality so I figured he can't be a boyfriend, though then they start talking and I realize they're French so who knows.) So they sound quite suprised that it's mine and say sure. So the 2 girls take turns hopping in and getting their pictures taken pretending to drive it. It was pretty cool, they told me that it's impossible to get one over there because the roads are too narrow and gas is too expensive. I was kinda afraid when I found out they were French that they might like go off on me and my excessive American vehicle but they were actually pretty cool.

I wonder what you'd have done if they weren't hotties....

You know, the dynamics of fine looking ladies....

Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFer

I was just in Italy and saw an H2. The roads in Milan are a lot narrower than in France. Just before we saw it, I was thinking to myself it would be immpossible to drive mine there!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"