H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

have any one have any data on this super charger? http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...0/hummer60.htm

Any input is welcome

Thanks
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

have any one have any data on this super charger? http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...0/hummer60.htm

Any input is welcome

Thanks
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 04-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the look of it under the hood, very clean looking install however it is not intercooled.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I have not looked at it very closely but, aftercooler is due out June 1, 05 I think.
I hope someone can give more insight on this system. Claim to use 10 to 16 hp less than roots style. How can that be?
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-06-2005, 08:25 PM

CRUZMISL is off the scale

Is this the same concept as a whipple charger? How much is the kit?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

What about warranty on engine/transmission??
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't heard anything on the performance on the H2 but I have seen forums in which Ford customers have been very happy w/ that particular company. There is supposedly a lot that comes with the kit, would you complete the installation yourself? I didn't see on the site if a chip was included or not.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Hummer Deity

Okay, it comes with an Optimizer, Cool Air kit, 8 Injectors, Bypass valve, Automatic transmission recalibration, and Engine Knock protection. Spark plugs are not included but ofcourse 1 heat range cooler s.p. is highly recommended. It is approx. $4100.-.

Transmission mods include improved shifts, torque mngmt recalibration, optimized shift points etc...

It also says in the warranty info that a manufacturer or dealer cannot void the Powertrain or emmissions warranty if it is properly installed. I don't know about that stuff though.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh, Kenny, please re-log under your own avatar.. It's kindda creepy to read about h2co-pilot's beautiful romantic account of her second H2 affair in one thread, and this technical discussion about superchargers in the next...

(Unless it is really YOU, S?? )
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Hummer Deity

It is me butt wipe!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops! My bad! But really, from your posts thus far, whowouldhavethunkit that the booger monster actually knows her engines??
Old 04-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Hummer Deity

The booger monster is a janeofalltrades , I was just kidding you, I could understand your confusion from my past posts , I'm just bored.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Hummer Deity

Did I mention I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

K/B is a quality product, but the customer service is spotty and at time arrogant. Their kit is always complete, but to s/c a 9.0+ c/r engine w/o an intercooler is a big no-no. Wait the complete kit and be a happier man. I would do a KB kit before any other, but it has to be complete with intercooler.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 AM

Hey TAZ...I like what I've seen/read so far on this supercharger. Got anymore info about it?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

As I've stated before from experience, KB products are great. I've used them in the past and am using a good one now. However, 9psi with no IC?

Damn, POP goes the piston. Unless you're using AV, of course.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Uh, Kenny, please re-log under your own avatar.. It's kindda creepy to read about h2co-pilot's beautiful romantic account of her second H2 affair in one thread, and this technical discussion about superchargers in the next...

(Unless it is really YOU, S?? ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Uh, no. I slept in a Days Inn.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
As I've stated before from experience, KB products are great. I've used them in the past and am using a good one now. However, 9psi with no IC?

Damn, POP goes the piston. Unless you're using AV, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Ken. What I get from reading their blurb is the air intake modification is suppose to lower temperature by 20 degrees. What's your thoughts on that??
Old 04-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Jonahs
My dealer said they have installed one KB. No more than 5 pounds of boost period without aftercooler and have had no problem with it at all. They said if I installed Radix they would find away to take care of any and all warranty I needed, even extended. They have nothing against KB but no cooler no backup. This is of course all off the record, I'm told. I would most definetly wait till kit comes out with cooler. Jonahs from what I have studied 20 degree cooler at manifold may as well be a fly on an elephants butt. I know anything is helpful but, that just is not enough to decide on a purchase or not. Cooler
T-Stat is going to be more critical with KB but, I'm going cooler with Radix anyway so no difference.
KB get You 50% across the board in HP and torgue but, Radix is 69% on the bottom end and 125% as You go up I the RPM range. I'm basicly looking at more performance in My mind with Radix but, up in the powerband where You are going to needed it especially if one is towing. Radix costs a little more with aftercooler right now if purchased than KB no cooler. So I'm guessing the KB with cooler is going to be priced about the same. I'm just thinking more about the Radix as I just have talked to many more people and read many more posts concerning Radix. So I lean towards what most are going with as tried and true. I even went to a Chevy dealer who is a Radix dealer and talked to the guy who does all the installs and has done other brands and He is just more impressed with Magneson as He has put many in Corvettes and never had any problem with them coming back or in tuning them.
I have tried to ask as many questions as I can find people locally to ask and even the Perf. Shops like Radix with nothing bad to say about KB either. They just say they like the overall design and concept of the roots type system. I was asking a guy today after I saw the KB statement about using 10 to 16 HP less to run it and the guy said well I guess it would Your moving alot more with the Radix. So I'm back to Radix everytime I try to look another direction.
Ligenfelter uses Radix that in itself is a big endorsement.
Probably have not helped but confused the issue. Unless I see something soon that would change My mind I will go Radix. If I do not go twin turbo which I'm about to back out of as they do not want to let Me have any say and that is not worth it. They will not promise Me a new engine so I will not promise them no say. You know put up or shut up. If You have a good prototype then put Your money where Your mouth or mind is.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges