H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-02-2003, 08:57 PM

el Toro is off the scale

Has anybody tried installing a GM supplied radio like we have in the H2 but with the XM option? They are available throught the standard GM Parts Counters.

Not trying to sound dumb, just wondered id somebody has tried it. It looks just like our standard 6-CD/AM/FM unit, but with XM capabilties. I had one ordered with my 2003 Tahoe before I got smart and bought my H2.

Cheers,
Tom

2003 Pewter H2 Lux
Old 04-02-2003, 08:57 PM

el Toro is off the scale

Has anybody tried installing a GM supplied radio like we have in the H2 but with the XM option? They are available throught the standard GM Parts Counters.

Not trying to sound dumb, just wondered id somebody has tried it. It looks just like our standard 6-CD/AM/FM unit, but with XM capabilties. I had one ordered with my 2003 Tahoe before I got smart and bought my H2.

Cheers,
Tom

2003 Pewter H2 Lux
Old 04-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Happy Hummer is off the scale

In the latest issue of Truck Trend they list the XM radio partners and HUMMER is one of them. I figure 2004 it will be an option.

2003 Hummer H2, BLACK, Lux. Pkg but switched all chrome to BLACK, U-Steps, Breathless HID lights and Stage 2B engine kit, Mazzi Maximus 18" chrome wheels and BFG 35X12.50 18 KM Mud Terrain Tires, Alpine DVD Navigation System, Myron & Davis 7" headrest monitors, Audiovox 10 disc DVD Changer, XM Delphi Satellite radio, NSXTC DRL upgrade, Whelen Air Horn, Light Bar, Warn 9.5ti winch
2002 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
2003 Dodge Viper SRT/10 #150
2003 Honda Odyssey EX
2003 Harley V-Rod Radical Red #68 of 200
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/robydi2001
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2008 Harley Screamin Eagle Ultra
2006 Wild West Custom Chopper
Old 04-08-2003, 09:57 PM

H2DRIVER is off the scale

What has anyone found out about installing a 2003 Tahoe factory Satellite radio in a H2?

Will it work?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:11 AM

PAC is off the scale

I've been told by a GM tech that it has to be programmed with new VIN# to work.

Karl
www.pac-audio.com
Old 09-11-2003, 04:30 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sirius has better satellite reception. I had mine installed last year and have absolutely loved it. Sirius is also completely commercial free as XM is not.

I paid around $200 for the unit and about $11/mo. for the service.

All you see is the tuner, which I decided to place here so I could see it easily. I did not want any holes drilled so this receiver is just double stuck. I typically use a remote to change the stations.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2003, 11:34 AM

2slo4now is off the scale

great location buckeye

If I have to add a remote controller that is where mine is going.

If anyone gets a Tahoe 6 disc with XM to go into a hummer please please please let us know. I would love to install one but my Delco rep said it won't work. It seems that all you should have to add to the H2 is a sat antenna. I sure hope that my guy is wrong.

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-12-2003, 03:47 AM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

I'm no electronic wizzard, but being that GM uses just a hand full of standard Delco/Bose radios, I would think waht works in a Taho would work in an H2. I know for fact they woulden't make a seperate radio just for Hummer so I would be willing to bet that it would work.
I know how you feel, I love my XM and it is on most of the time.

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!
Old 09-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

prplprowlr is off the scale

I went to a local caddilac dealer, about 8 months ago when I had a Escalade EXT and I just bought my wife a 2003 Denali and she had the XM Radio feature on hers. The radio's looked the same so I asked if I could order the unit and put it in my truck and all I would need to add was the antennae. They told me it wouldn't work, I asked why and they said the wiring is different. I have never taken a radio out so I don't know for sure but I really think he didn't know himself. Of course now I have a H2 since June and I still like taking my wife's car on occasion only to listen to the XM radio. I know I can buy the aftermarket radio's but I am looking for the factory look. If anyone knows if this will work please post it here.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prplprowlr:
I went to a local caddilac dealer, about 8 months ago when I had a Escalade EXT and I just bought my wife a 2003 Denali and she had the XM Radio feature on hers. The radio's looked the same so I asked if I could order the unit and put it in my truck and all I would need to add was the antennae. They told me it wouldn't work, I asked why and they said the wiring is different. I have never taken a radio out so I don't know for sure but I really think he didn't know himself. Of course now I have a H2 since June and I still like taking my wife's car on occasion only to listen to the XM radio. I know I can buy the aftermarket radio's but I am looking for the factory look. If anyone knows if this will work please post it here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I retrofitted the Mercedes 2000 MCS (head unit) then retrofitted DVD NAV with VSS into a 1998 Mercedes ML 320
Every Dealer SA and person I talked with said it couldn't be done. It took some time to figure out (thanks to all the snow last winter, I had the time) but it works perfect. My point is anything can be done if you put your mind to it.
If anyone is interested, here is my publication on my Mercedes MCS, DVD NAV retrofit with VSS: MERCEDES DVD NAV RETROFIT

Old 09-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Hummer Expert

prplprwlr, Since you want to stick with factory stuff I suggest buying the radio and then having a local pro install it. They just have to wire it properly to an antenna or they should be able to rig a new one.

Even though you want the factory look you might just take a few minutes to check the aftermarket stuff. It is dirt cheap because they only care about the service cost so you can get some very functional equipment for next to nothing and I also think the install will be more practical than trying to fit the GM xm radio in, which could be a little off causing a plate to be built so there are no gaps. At that point you're doing a custom install anyway and should probably stick with aftermarket.

Just my opinion, good luck!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:16 PM

SoCalHummer is off the scale

There is a dealer in Sacramento that has an aftermarket company they use that claims they can either retrofit the existing unit and add the anntenna or exchange the stock unit for the new one in the tahoe and it will work. I am planning on driving up to my Sacramento office and will let them give it a try and let all of you know how it turns out
Old 09-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Hummer Expert

I'm sure they can do it. Post a pic when they are done. It's good to see how clean of a job some of these guys can do.