H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-19-2002, 01:47 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

OK I'm am new here and new to HUMMER. I don't own a HUMMER yet(so be nice to me)I want to get one when $$$$$ permits(could be a while)but all I know is what I hvw learned about HUMMER I like. I was a long time Jeep manand you coulden't tell me different, how ever over time I have been sickened by how Daimler Chrysler has slowy distroyed Jeep with poor workman ship and poor service. I beleave if you spend $40 to $50.000 the vehicle should be bullet proof. I shoulden't have to worry about my tranny gernading on me or other things like that.
I really like the H2 and so far I have heard great things about the H2. I find it refreshing to know that the US can buld a great vehicle. I also beleave you get what you pay for and for safty and realibility the HUMMER H2 seems to be living up to it's name. My signature is from the fact that I love XM radio in case you're wondering.
I hope you don't me hanging out here and learning as much as I can about the H2 as I one day will have one, even if I have to wait 10 years it will be worth the wait.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:47 PM

OK I'm am new here and new to HUMMER. I don't own a HUMMER yet(so be nice to me)I want to get one when $$$$$ permits(could be a while)but all I know is what I hvw learned about HUMMER I like. I was a long time Jeep manand you coulden't tell me different, how ever over time I have been sickened by how Daimler Chrysler has slowy distroyed Jeep with poor workman ship and poor service. I beleave if you spend $40 to $50.000 the vehicle should be bullet proof. I shoulden't have to worry about my tranny gernading on me or other things like that.
I really like the H2 and so far I have heard great things about the H2. I find it refreshing to know that the US can buld a great vehicle. I also beleave you get what you pay for and for safty and realibility the HUMMER H2 seems to be living up to it's name. My signature is from the fact that I love XM radio in case you're wondering.
I hope you don't me hanging out here and learning as much as I can about the H2 as I one day will have one, even if I have to wait 10 years it will be worth the wait.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:59 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Welcome! you'll find quite a number of people on the forum don't have one, and we try very hard to treat them as equals. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We too were Jeep people, but they ruined Jeeps with all the Quadra Drive crap that didn't work for anything. I would encourage you to get one as fast as you can, because the H2 kicks Jeep butt. The 4wd &traction control is so superior to Jeep's that we've already been in some off-road situations where we know we would have been stuck in the Jeep, and we're tooling around in the H2 like we were on dry pavement without going near 4Lo. Awesome rig on and off road.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:03 PM

SONA is off the scale

do yourself a favor and go backwards thru all the posts and you will get tons of info on your new found interest. BTW I owned a CJ-7 and we were searching for a showroom rebuilt one right before we bought the H2.

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-19-2002, 02:30 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bklynh2srock:
Welcome! you'll find quite a number of people on the forum don't have one, and we try very hard to treat them as equals. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We too were Jeep people, but they ruined Jeeps with all the Quadra Drive crap that didn't work for anything. I would encourage you to get one as fast as you can, because the H2 kicks Jeep butt. The 4wd &traction control is so superior to Jeep's that we've already been in some off-road situations where we know we would have been stuck in the Jeep, and we're tooling around in the H2 like we were on dry pavement without going near 4Lo. Awesome rig on and off road.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have been searching this site alot before I developed the courage to join(discovering that HUMMER people are nice) I have already learnd that you do get what you pay for and yes a HUMMER will kick a Jeeps but (as much as it kills me to admit that) but face it Jeep has really gone down hill in reaibility, and I don't want to pay $40k to have to pay for an off road recovery because somthing blew up that should not have. I look forward to the day when I can go off roading in a HUMMER even if I'm just a passenger. I have to say I like every thing about the H2, it just needs a diesel engine to make it complete.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:13 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

We don't care if you own one yet, desire to own one is enough to get you in the door here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You'll enjoy this forum...I know I do!

Kelley
Old 12-19-2002, 08:30 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kelleymac2000:
We don't care if you own one yet, desire to own one is enough to get you in the door here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You'll enjoy this forum...I know I do!

Kelley<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I like about this forum and makes me want to be an owner even more.
I was a hard core jeeper, but being that DC is trashing the company, I gave up. You don't see any 2WD HUMMERS do you? that's my point.
now if I could just learn those armord car routs...J/K [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

future H2 owner
Old 12-20-2002, 12:35 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Don't worry, we have all gone throught it......

Steve liked it so well, he went through it TWICE.

SOCAL XMER: Wearing only a bathing suit and red boots, bring a goat and a camera and meet us at ...oops wrong forum again.........Where's the Prozac? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum. We don't take things to seriously here, but the advice given is EXCELLENT!

HeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-20-2002, 02:17 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

In the old days when I was joining, there was no swimming trunk, and it wasn't a goat, it was worse. They made me rub butter and sugar on all the ladies when everyone throw bath bombs at me, and the fellow from New Mexico was making his own bath bombs in the pool.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:07 AM

I can tell this will be more fun than Jeeps unlimited was with too many uptight people.
I guess when you have or appreaciate a finer 4X4 that really is the best and have nothing to prove you have no reason to be uptight.
future H2 owner
Old 12-20-2002, 04:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey Bud....you are sooooo lucky. Cause you live right in my backyard and I never like to go offroading alone; you can ride shotgun with me and I'll even let ya put in some wheel-time driving my rig!

I'm putting together an offroad group and your right in the heart of our pumpkin patch kiddo! Drop me an email and lets hook-up. I'm at Homeinsulation@aol.com

Serious offroading always involves a team of 2. I've often come to obstacles that require spotting and the such. Plus, it's more fun to run with a friend alongside.

Don't worry about the initiation....usage of gerbils and pigmy goats are greatly exaggerated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 06:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Hey Bud....you are sooooo lucky. Cause you live right in my backyard and I never like to go offroading alone; you can ride shotgun with me and I'll even let ya put in some wheel-time driving my rig!

I'm putting together an offroad group and your right in the heart of our pumpkin patch kiddo! Drop me an email and lets hook-up. I'm at Homeinsulation@aol.com

Serious offroading always involves a team of 2. I've often come to obstacles that require spotting and the such. Plus, it's more fun to run with a friend alongside.

Don't worry about the initiation....usage of gerbils and pigmy goats are greatly exaggerated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, I'm so there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

future H2 owner
Old 12-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Dude, contact me at Homeinsulation@aol.com and let's make it happen!
Old 12-20-2002, 07:11 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

"Dude" alert!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Kelley
Old 12-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

dudette....please! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

If this had been an actual dude alert, you'd have been dude-advised where in your dude-area to tune-in for dude-information. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 08:06 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:

Don't worry about the initiation....usage of gerbils and pigmy goats are greatly exaggerated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you get My E mail? I was just wondering, thanks. Here is my Cell#661-733-4935

future H2 owner

[This message was edited by SOCAL XMER on December 20, 2002 at 02:38 PM.]
Old 12-21-2002, 01:36 AM

JJ is off the scale

Who was that dude that went shotgunning with SteveR last time and was found chained to the "Hollywood" sign with three goats and a boa?

JJ
Old 12-21-2002, 06:41 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

reports of my perversions are greatly exaggerated! Those goats gave their consent and that snake totally looked like it was over 18!!!

Besides...we all know my restraining order prohibits me from getting within 500 feet of that sign, the Giant-O donut pastry-dude and most McDonalds with those beeley-ball pits.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

...and SOCAL XMER drops off the forum and was never heard from again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2002, 05:03 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Personally I would think long and hard before I get into a close quarter closet with this individual. Kid, you will be on a long drive to places with few other human around. Just think of all the internet horror stories you have heard. There are plenty signs of mental instability exhibited.