H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

Is there a simple lockable fuel cap available for the H3? I really don't feel like buying a blingbling chrome door for my ride... I would be happy with just a simple lockable cap.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Is there a simple lockable fuel cap available for the H3? I really don't feel like buying a blingbling chrome door for my ride... I would be happy with just a simple lockable cap.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 PM

H3OH is off the scale

Check with your local auto parts. They make lockable caps. If you need a new door, and as you state don't like the chrome ones, you can get a black one...

Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
Check with your local auto parts. They make lockable caps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Good idea... Thanks.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Hummer Novice

CrawlH3 is off the scale

Hey sharkster I've found a lockable cap at pepboys for 15.00. If you ask if they have one for it they will say no, but i bought the one on the shelf made for GM cars & it works fine.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:23 AM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey sharkster I've found a lockable cap at pepboys for 15.00. If you ask if they have one for it they will say no, but i bought the one on the shelf made for GM cars & it works fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except for that leak that started recently. Just kidding. I'll have to go check it out.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

All the new GM use the new 1/4 turn caps just in case they ask.

It will have the tiny triange in the inside part. It will look not like a screw on type.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

same stock filler of the H2 I belive which sowed first on my 01 Aztek. Plenty of aftermarket covers for that badboy
Old 08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrawlH3:
Hey sharkster I've found a lockable cap at pepboys for 15.00. If you ask if they have one for it they will say no, but i bought the one on the shelf made for GM cars & it works fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you please post a pic and a link where to get it? "Pepboys" is not really a brand here in Germany so I would have to ask around a lot...
Old 08-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I would advise to purchase a reliable brand. The PCM monitors the pressure inside the fuel tank, due to Federal/California Regulations. A leaky fuel cap will result in a code (P0442) being stored and the Service Engine Soon light coming on.
Can't say which one will fit, since GM uses probably twenty different fuel caps for all their vehicles in the last few years. Many look familiar, but they do not fit correctly.
(I just sent myself an email to remind me on Monday to check the GM part number for the H3 gas cap, and cross check to see what other GM vehicles use the same cap. Then post here. This memory stuff gets more difficult as you age.)
Old 08-21-2005, 04:22 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

How much does that black one cost?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
(I just sent myself an email to remind me on Monday to check the GM part number for the H3 gas cap, and cross check to see what other GM vehicles use the same cap. Then post here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be great. Thanks...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Cross checking and the gas cap used on the Hummer H3 is the same as used on the H2.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Cross checking and the gas cap used on the Hummer H3 is the same as used on the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And the one on the H2 is actually lockable? This may sound like a stupid question, but I cannot check this myself, since I don't know anyone owning a H2 here... and we don't have any HUMMER dealers.

I would order the H2 cap directly in the USA, if it is lockable. Thanks for your answer in advance.

P.S.: If the original H2 cap is lockable, does it use a separate key or the ignition key? Because I would have to order an H2 ignition key in that case as well...

... geeez... I only want to lock my goddamn tank... and this starts to become really complicated.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:09 PM

H3OH is off the scale

Sharkster,

It appears from the latest offerings from H3Lady that GM has recalled the chrome fuel doors to include the locking cap. That's good news for people who want the cap, but if I recall correctly, you just want the cap. Maybe they'll pop up on the GM site.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
Cross checking and the gas cap used on the Hummer H3 is the same as used on the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And the one on the H2 is actually lockable? This may sound like a stupid question, but I cannot check this myself, since I don't know anyone owning a H2 here... and we don't have any HUMMER dealers.

I would order the H2 cap directly in the USA, if it is lockable. Thanks for your answer in advance.

P.S.: If the original H2 cap is lockable, does it use a separate key or the ignition key? Because I would have to order an H2 ignition key in that case as well...

... geeez... I only want to lock my goddamn tank... and this starts to become really complicated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My information was for an aftermarket locking fuel cap. I have searched and there has been no reference to the H3; however, there were references for the H2. I was just giving the information for those who were looking for an aftermarket locking fuel cap. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ah, okay... So for example the lockable cap of this set would fit my H3? 100% sure on that?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
Ah, okay... So for example the lockable cap of this set would fit my H3? 100% sure on that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm never sure of anything that sells on eBay. If you were talking about a Stant or Gate fuel cap, I would say yes.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 PM

canucksnaphook is off the scale

fstop.

shouldnt you be out driving the new truck? i know I would be....ahh to have your patience and inner strength...

C.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canucksnaphook:
fstop.

shouldnt you be out driving the new truck? i know I would be....ahh to have your patience and inner strength...

C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I should, but, I have a Malamute Puppy (40 pounds and a few months old) that requires some attention too. For all those who think fuel is expensive, Dog food ain't cheap.

Actually, I have to read the owner's manual so I can figure out the radio, which I might sounds a thousand times better than my Vette's Boze system.