H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
I could swear that my rpm's are higher then 2k, because I couldn't complete some of the dunes if I was going any slower.
Then TCS most probably wasn't impeding your progress.

Quote:
Maybe that's why I don't use 4hi lock, I think it goes too slow,
You'll go faster in 4Hi than 4Lo. <span class="ev_code_RED">Agreed. I just like to get the wheels moving faster, sooner, and in 4 hi it's got jet-lag. (I don't know the terminology)</span>

Quote:
and 4 lo allows me to get more rpms?
Yes, because the gearing changes, but you'll need more rpms to acheive the same speed as in 4Hi. <span class="ev_code_RED">yes, that's why I was wondering about the 2000 rpm thing.</span> 4Lo is when I really notice TCS/TC2 being a real problem in loose sand and tend tom avoid it, unless the locker is needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Phil, I love your advise, but I'm the opposite. I'm going to take all this to heart and perform some technical sessions in the sand now. Thanks. I know have a good reason to drive to the beach!</span>
Old 03-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Phil, I love your advise, but I'm the opposite. I'm going to take all this to heart and perform some technical sessions in the sand now. Thanks. I know have a good reason to drive to the beach!</span>
A good place to see TCS/TC2 at work is to find a a steep sand dune with loose sand, at least 12" of free flowing surface sand, drive half way up it, stop and then try to get moving again. Usually, TCS/TC2 will kick in when it senses a wheel slipping (if a wheel doesn't slip then you need deeper sand or a steeper dune), once it's slipping floor it and see what happens, try it in 4Hi, 4Lo, etc and see which one works best.

Don't forget the pictures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like fun. I acutally have one of those(sand hill) withing 500 yards of my house. Even though my wife gets pissy for me playing in the neighborhood i think i might be ok if it is for research purposes.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 03-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Sand dunes is a PERFECT example why you might want to lock the rear in 4 high. I dont want to miss that diode, thats why i was hopeing someone allready hooked it up and i could cheat off what they did.

This would be so much simpler if we just had 2 buttons.

1. ARB Air Locker Front
2. ARB Air Locker Rear

Oh yea guys....my dealer FINALLY sent my winch wiring to me today, $10 says when it gets here he forgot the connector for the winch (since my winch has bare wires coming out of it).

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This would be so much simpler if we just had 2 buttons.

1. ARB Air Locker Front
2. ARB Air Locker Rear

That can be done $$$, but I don't see where the air-locker is anymore durable than an e-locker as it only locks 1 side gear just like the e-locker does. Plus you gain the problems associated with air-lockers air systems. Easier to go with a heavier/stronger locker like the Detroit, but they have some disadvantages too.

Quote:
I dont want to miss that diode, thats why i was hopeing someone allready hooked it up and i could cheat off what they did.

Thought about doing it but the rear locker is locked up by the Transfercase Shift Control Module and I suspect it will be alot more complicated than merely cutting some wires and powering up another switch to the e-locker. The Tcase Shift Mod. sends out Class 2 Serial Data to the BCM no telling what problems and trouble code you will generate by opening up the circuit to the locker. Probably have a nice big "SERVICE FWD SYS" message on the inst. display. Chance of too many problems for what you gain.

BTW- the diode is supposed to be @ Splice375-376 in the chassis harness to rear axle.