H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 PM

TejasH3 is off the scale

I'm sure I want the DVD pkg that's offered but I have a few questions. What brand is the system? I saw input jacks in a picture, do both screenss have them? wher is the DVD player located? Does it come with wireless headphones? can it be played thru the factory system? Any pics from someone who has this system would help.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 PM

TejasH3 is off the scale

I'm sure I want the DVD pkg that's offered but I have a few questions. What brand is the system? I saw input jacks in a picture, do both screenss have them? wher is the DVD player located? Does it come with wireless headphones? can it be played thru the factory system? Any pics from someone who has this system would help.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 11:21 PM

Adam^_^ is off the scale

http://www.h3source.com/store/10031905.htm

i think thats them
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

Here's a thread I posted with pictures earlier. Input jacks and wired headphone jacks on both sides, wireless headphones included, modulator built in to both so either or both will play through the car stereo, disc is loaded into the top of each. As I said in the other thread, each one can play its own disc, the others disc, or both can play the same disc loaded into either unit. Also plays music and MP3 CDs. See pictures here:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...5/m/7751057841

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

Tejas,

If you have kids, then the best thing to do is get this system. If not, get it anyway. The manufacture is Invision http://www.invisionindustries.com/ even though Hummer's version does not display the Invision name on it.

They are both independent individual units that can be played together or seperate. The DVD's load in the top of each unit. Wireless headphones should be included and also a remote. and yes the dealer will wire this up in order for it to be played on you FM radio. I have not taken pics of mine yet but there is a thread that someone posted of theirs. I can not find it...
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

By the way, these are the ones in the Hummer promotion, the ones Adam posted are a little different. I didn't mention before, but the screens tilt to adjust for different viewing heights.

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just looking at your pics and wondered, how do you control the DVD? I see Play, Stop and Eject but can you select different menu items on the DVD such as scene selection? Just curious.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Full function remote control included. And the sound through the stereo is via modulator, no hard wiring.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 PM

TejasH3 is off the scale

Not understanding this part, can one DVD be played on both screens? do the headrest match the leather interior perfectly? what do they do with your original headrest? can you ask for them back? nice system!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

The dealer will match to your fabric or leather interior perfect. These systems are built into the headreast so they take out your original ones and ask that you keep them in case they ever have to work on the DVD units. This way you will have a headrest during the repair.

Yes you can play one DVD and have it show up on both monitors.
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 12-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

They're linked together so yes, one DVD can be played on both screens, or they can play their own, or if you feel wierd, the left one can play the DVD in the right one, and the right screen can play the DVD in the left one. I have a cloth interior and its a perfect match. I don't know what they do with the headrests, maybe send them to the manufacturer to have more of the systems installed? Its really a nice setup, I was pretty surprised considering the price. Not something I would normally get but couldn't pass it up for that price and I bought it when it was still $499. 2 days later and they went down to $299. Oh well.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

If they do not automatically give you your original headrests back, ask for them. They can not recycle them for other DVD players. The guide rails are solid on the original ones and the replacements are somewhat hollow in order to get the wires to run down inside the seats.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 AM

TejasH3 is off the scale

Thanks for the info. One more question, where in the top does the DVD load?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

It loads simular to how your indash CD player loads. There is a slot on the top above the screen. All you do is put the DVD in the slot and the player will automatically load it
www.centexhummerclub.com