H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road
Default improving throttle response

What is considered best mod to increase the throttle response?
My 2004 is stock and trying to improve the throttle response not too extensive but in a reasonable cost.
Thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: improving throttle response

Push harder on the gas pedal?

I don't know, probably some aftermarket CPU chip out there...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

throttle response can be increased by a few things. One is a good tune. Get yourself hptuners, ask questions on their forums, learn the software a bit and take your time.

You can also add an intake, headers/exhaust, TB and intake manifold upgrade, etc. How far would you go with mods?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The cheapest way is to hit the Tow/Haul button. It's like a built-in supercharger.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Humm_MeSUT is on a distinguished road

Just find a local shop that can tune LSX vehicles... just a street tune will really wake it up <---- night and day difference actually!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Steve - SanJose

Or remove about 1500 pounds of weight to improve throttle response.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ken you have to give credit to Dennis for figuring out the factory installed supercharger kit. I know you would not take credit where it is not due now would you? It took a sharp mind like Dennis and quite some time for anyone to figure out that there was a factory installed supercharger on the H2. It was a good long while before it was figured out on the forum.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

[quote=HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ]Ken you have to give credit to Dennis for figuring out the factory installed supercharger kit. I know you would not take credit where it is not due now would you? It took a sharp mind like Dennis and quite some time for anyone to figure out that there was a factory installed supercharger on the H2. It was a good long while before it was figured out on the forum.

I was reading your signature and noticed you had electric fan from GM put in. May I ask where you have purchased that fan? I was looking at flexlite dual fan as well but curious to find out about the GM fan.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm_MeSUT
Just find a local shop that can tune LSX vehicles... just a street tune will really wake it up <---- night and day difference actually!

I don't actually have local tuner who can do this with confidence. So, I am planning on purchasing the throttle body spacer from Airraid. DO you think that will help?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Humm_MeSUT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410225
I don't actually have local tuner who can do this with confidence. So, I am planning on purchasing the throttle body spacer from Airraid. DO you think that will help?

I wouldnt waist the time or money on that. Worst case you can find a mail order company and send in your PCM to have tuned. Thunderracing, Speed Inc, and Nelson Performance are just a few of many around.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

Ed Wright ,Super Chips. many shops that tune Camaro's or Vett's have the ability to do it also . if you were in Phoenix or Housten ,or California it would be easy .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 06-27-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past

before I professional tuned mine I bought a Granitelli Diablo tuner/ added a K&N intake ....plugged in the tuner, pushed a few buttons and instantly more throttle response.
also later added catback exhaust - borla headers - MAF sensor - 160 degree thermostat. Then sent out the unit for proffessionl tuning.
Now all that AND push the factory supercharger button and woooooah - off we go -------

Oh yeah - added a back up camera so I can watch how fast I go by sh*t
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tallowood_Air is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No.

Changing the Airbox and filter element to a K&N seemed to help the throttle response, but that's about all.
37" Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 on 24" ZINIK Mazotti
Pioneer AVIC-Z1 HDD navigation; 2 x 12" JL W6; Custom Box w/ Lights
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Hummer Authority

[quote=410225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Ken you have to give credit to Dennis for figuring out the factory installed supercharger kit. I know you would not take credit where it is not due now would you? It took a sharp mind like Dennis and quite some time for anyone to figure out that there was a factory installed supercharger on the H2. It was a good long while before it was figured out on the forum.

I was reading your signature and noticed you had electric fan from GM put in. May I ask where you have purchased that fan? I was looking at flexlite dual fan as well but curious to find out about the GM fan.
Thanks.

Fans are the same ones that are run on the HD pickup trucks. The setup comes ordered in pieces not as a unit. Hummer dealer or any GM dealer should be able to order them. If you have a body shop contact he may save you money. Order the shroud, motors, and blades seperately along with misc. hardware that comes with it. I think it is the unit that is used on the Escalades also not sure on that. Then call Allen Nelson of tuning fame and buy the wiring harness from him that he makes which just plugs right up to everything including power supply. You cannot get a harness from GM. Allens harness even has the wire that can be plugged into the H2 computer so it will control what temp the fans come on and off if You have programer that will set it for you.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Buy a Jet Chip Stage I, you'll notice more of a throttle response, better shifting. I have one and for the past 2 months I've been very happy with the results. Don't buy throttle body spacers they don't do a thing..... (previous experience)
Old 06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

[quote=HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ]
Quote:

Fans are the same ones that are run on the HD pickup trucks. The setup comes ordered in pieces not as a unit. Hummer dealer or any GM dealer should be able to order them. If you have a body shop contact he may save you money. Order the shroud, motors, and blades seperately along with misc. hardware that comes with it. I think it is the unit that is used on the Escalades also not sure on that. Then call Allen Nelson of tuning fame and buy the wiring harness from him that he makes which just plugs right up to everything including power supply. You cannot get a harness from GM. Allens harness even has the wire that can be plugged into the H2 computer so it will control what temp the fans come on and off if You have programer that will set it for you.

TAZ

Do you have Allen from Tuning Fame's number or website address?
I will try to do some search on the GM OEM part website.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Hummer Authority

Allen is at Nelsonpeformance.com and should be able to get phone numbers there. I think the fan kit complete of GM parts cost around $375 which is about the same as the aftermarket brands.

I have his number on my cell phone but, not with me right now. sorry

TAZ
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure the programmers out there recognize the H2/ECM as a vehicle that supports the electric fan feature? I know my programmer supports it (Hypertech) but it does not give the option to set it once it knows it's an H2 that does not come with electric fans.

[quote=HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ]
Quote:

TAZ