H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-07-2004, 03:16 PM

GOT DIRT? is off the scale

I am wondering if anyone has installed a pro charger system and if the are happy with it. I know of alot of people who have this system in their corvettes and are extremely happy with them. I am torn between the magna charger and this system. procharger gives you a little more boost. thanks for any replies.

I am wondering if anyone has installed a pro charger system and if the are happy with it. I know of alot of people who have this system in their corvettes and are extremely happy with them. I am torn between the magna charger and this system. procharger gives you a little more boost. thanks for any replies.

Old 08-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I am sure there are others that know more about this than I, and that know more details. My experience with pro chargers are with high performance power boats.

The pro charger system uses a centrifugal super charger and the magnacharger uses a twin screw. The pro charger doesn't produce boost until you get higher in the RPM range, which is ideal for a powerboat. But the twin screw type produces boost at a much lower RPM, which is what you would want on the H2, in my opinion.

In either, unless you beef up the stock engine you can't run high boosts anyway because you'll be breaking.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:03 PM

Another quick question Is there a difference between the eaton and magna charger?
Old 08-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Banned

I can't be for sure, but I think they are the same twin screw design. Both look like the old "blowers" or roots design you used to see all of the time but the internal design is different from roots and twin screws.

I might be wrong, but magnacharger uses an eaton designed supercharger.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Proven Reliability: Looking to trick out your Hummer H2? This state-of-the-art supercharging system is based on the Eaton twin rotor, rear inlet roots type supercharger. Eaton is the same company that supplies blowers as original equipment to companies like GM, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, and Roush. The Eaton superchargers have been proven to be exceptionally reliable and trouble-free.

http://www.magnacharger.com/gmhummerh2.htm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1. What is the relationship between Eaton, Magnuson Products, Inc. and Magna Charger, Inc.?

Eaton Supercharger Division is the largest manufacturer of automotive superchargers in the world. They manufacture superchargers for original equipment applications for several models of Mercedes Benz, General Motors, Ford, Nissan, Aston Martin, and Jaguar with others in the works. Magnuson Products, Inc. handles service and the aftermarket for Eaton Supercharger Division and provides superchargers to a number of companies that design and manufacture the installation system for specific applications. Magnuson Products, Inc. provides more superchargers for aftermarket applications than any other supercharger manufacturer in the world. Magna Charger, Inc. is the complete supercharger system division of Magnuson Products, Inc.

http://www.magnacharger.com/faq.htm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lingenfelter sells and installs the Eaton 112 model supercharger utilized in the Magnuson package.

Eaton Corporation designs, manufactures and markets modified Roots-type positive displacement superchargers for the original equipment and aftermarket industries. This system features an intercooler or heat exchanger mounted under the supercharger. The heat exchanger is cooled with a separate liquid to air system to help reduce charge temperatures and provide a more dense air charge into the engine. This results in a substantial rear wheel horsepower improvement over the non-intercooled designs.

Packages are available for H2 Hummer, Cadillac Escalade, GMC Denali, Silvarado SS Trucks and any other 5.3 L , 5.7 L or 6.0 L engines.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfe...25&pf%5Fid=593
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Banned

I thought I read something like that somewhere before. So the magna charger IS an Eaton, not just designed the same.

Thanks Klaus.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:05 AM

Rx450sc is off the scale

You will be happier with the magnuson. It makes power just about off idle with a nice flat torque curve. The ati starts building boost at about 3000 rpm. I also have a c5 corvette with the magnuson. Its great for a street car. It doesnt make the peak power at the upper rpm band like ta ati
Old 08-08-2004, 01:56 PM

Has anyone shopped around for price?
Old 08-08-2004, 02:29 PM

Rx450sc is off the scale

I got my magnuson for the H2 for 4200 with warranty installed and tuned by Vette Drs on Long Island for 1000.00 Hes a certified ASE mechanic so warranty is in effect and also a Magnuson dealer.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

HummerH2 is off the scale

I have the Magna Charger and it works great. It only starts working when you step on the gas though. If your ruising it wont be on