H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I settled on which aftermarket warrant I'm getting. I've checked out about a dozen different companies and have narrowed down to 2 companies. (one being Warranties 4 wheels brokering it to a company called Great Lakes)

My biggest problem is most of the warranties I looked at end at roughly 50K miles. Great Lakes has 48 months but unlimited mileage.

This company I'm signing up for tomorrow has added the same "electrical" and will change the mileage to 100,000.

There is no deductible and the total cost is 2500 bucks.

If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll give you the guys phone number. After being in the automotive business for over 20 years, I was most comfortable with what this guy had to say.

COVERED COMPONENTS

v Engine: All internally lubricated parts of: pistons, piston rings and pins, crank shaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing gear chain and/or belt, rocker arms, shafts and bushings, valves, valve springs, guides and seats, push rods and lifters, oil pump. Externally: water pump, mechanical and/or electric fuel pump, oil pan, flywheel, valve covers, engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor shaft, gear and bushing, engine head(s), engine block, gaskets and seals if damaged as a result of failure of covered engine parts.

v Transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within an automatic transmission and transfer case inclusive of: clutches, bands, pumps, carrier assemblies, internal shafts, (main, intermediate, reaction), thrust washers and bearings, governor, valve body, servo and accumulator assemblies, torque converter, transmission mounts and shift linkage, throttle valve cable, case if damaged as a result of failure of covered automatic transmission parts, internally lubricated parts contained within a manual transmission inclusive of: main shaft, coupler shaft, all gears, synchro hub assemblies, bearings, shift rails and internal shift forks, input shaft synchro rings and retainers, case if damaged as a result of failure of covered components. Internally lubricated parts within the trans-axle of a front wheel drive, including ring and pinion gears, internal bearings, axle(s) and case, if damaged by covered components.

v Rear-Wheel Drive: Parts contained within the differential housing, including ring gear and pinion gears, bearings, differential housing if damaged by failure of internally lubricated parts, axle, and universal joints.

v Four-Wheel Drive: Parts contained within the transfer case; transfer case if damaged by failure of internally lubricated parts.

v Air Conditioning, Cooling and Heating: Factory installed compressor, clutch, heater core, blower motor, radiator, fan, and fan pulley.

v Electrical: Starter, starter solenoid, alternator of generator, voltage regulator, windshield washer pump, wiper motors, trunk lid motor, engine control computer, ignition control module, blower motor, power seat motor, door window motors, power mirror motors, speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, electronic control module (ECM/ECU), climate control, Power train Control Module (PCM).

v Sensors: Manifold pressure temperature, throttle position, mass airflow, coolant temperature, vehicle speed, camshaft/crankshaft angle, wheel speed and climate control sensors.

v Steering: Steering gear, power steering pump, steering column shafts and coupling, rack and pinion.

v Brakes: Master cylinder, vacuum assistant booster, emergency brake cable, brake calipers (loaded), (ABS), wheel cylinders, compensating valve, brake line tubing and fittings.

v Front Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm shafts, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, constant velocity joints, axle(s) wheel bearings.

v Wear & Tear: Any covered part listed. If it breaks due to excessive wear, or is worn out.

v Seals and Gaskets: All seals and gaskets are covered in conjunction with covered parts.

v Labor: All necessary labor will be paid by AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. to repair or replace all parts covered under this warranty agreement.

v Rental: If a vehicle requires more than a 24 hour period to be repaired, AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. will pay up to thirty dollars ($30.00) per day for a maximum of up to four (4) days.

v 24/7 Roadside Program: Towing, emergency tire, battery, gasoline and lockout service, emergency transportation up to 150 miles.

v Trip Interruption: If a vehicle requires more than a 24 hour period to be repaired, AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. will pay up to four (4) days at $50.00 per day, (over 200 miles from home).

INELIGIBLE VEHICLES

Trucks over one ton classification, taxis, buses, law enforcement vehicles, motor homes. Vehicles used for delivery, construction, taxi, rental, or racing competition. Vehicles modified from the manufacturer’s original specifications, Salvaged vehicles, vehicles equipped with a snowplow, vehicles with inoperable/inaccurate speedometers or odometers. Cadillac’s equipped with 4.1 liter engines. Vehicles with 3, 10, or 12 cylinder engines. Any and/or all vehicles used for plowing. Any and all vehicles used for towing. Any commercial use will invalidate this warranty.

DEFINITIONS

Pre-existing: Pre-existing conditions may be defined as, but not limited to: any part that was broken was worn beyond serviceable limits, or making noise at the time of purchase. Any component or system that was not functioning properly upon the first attempt to operate is also considered pre- existing and includes, but is not limited to: four wheel drive, air conditioning, and electrical components. Failures or breakdowns resulting from pre- existing conditions are the responsibility of the service agreement purchaser.

Mechanical Breakdowns: The inability of any Covered Component to perform the function for which it was designed due to defects in material or workmanship. Mechanical Breakdown does not include the gradual

This is the electrical they are adding...

ELECTRICAL: (Factory Installed Only) Alternator
housing and all internal parts including bearings,
bushings, brushes, rectifier bridge, diodes, field coil and
rotor; alternator mounting brackets; voltage regulator;
starter motor housing and all internal parts including
bushings, field windings, starter drive and solenoid; front
and rear wiper motor and linkage; power window motor;
power seat motor; headlight switch; wiper motor switch;
mirror motor switch; stop light switch; neutral safety switch;
glove box light switch; courtesy light switch; cooling fan
relay; air conditioning solenoid; air regulator valve;
electronic ignition module; electronic instrument panel
module; ignition coil; distributor modules; throttle position
sensor; vehicle speed sensor; map sensor; knock sensor
and barometric pressure sensor; engine distributor
including shaft, gear, bushings and module; cruise control
components including module, servo, cables,
engagement switch, electronic instrument clusters and
driver information systems including speedometer,
odometer, tachometer and warning indicators; theft
system and keyless entry transmitter, keyless entry control
unit, receiver/module. Door lock actuators; mirror motor;
power window switch; power lock switch; turn signal
switch; brake light switch; horn and relay; convertible top
motor; sun roof motor; power antenna motor; electrical
head lamp motor; power trunk/hatch release solenoid;
front and rear window regulators;crank angle sensor;cam
position sensor; automatic temperature control sensor;
mass air flow sensor; coolant temperature sensor, O2
sensors.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Today I settled on which aftermarket warrant I'm getting. I've checked out about a dozen different companies and have narrowed down to 2 companies. (one being Warranties 4 wheels brokering it to a company called Great Lakes)

My biggest problem is most of the warranties I looked at end at roughly 50K miles. Great Lakes has 48 months but unlimited mileage.

This company I'm signing up for tomorrow has added the same "electrical" and will change the mileage to 100,000.

There is no deductible and the total cost is 2500 bucks.

If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll give you the guys phone number. After being in the automotive business for over 20 years, I was most comfortable with what this guy had to say.

COVERED COMPONENTS

v Engine: All internally lubricated parts of: pistons, piston rings and pins, crank shaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing gear chain and/or belt, rocker arms, shafts and bushings, valves, valve springs, guides and seats, push rods and lifters, oil pump. Externally: water pump, mechanical and/or electric fuel pump, oil pan, flywheel, valve covers, engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor shaft, gear and bushing, engine head(s), engine block, gaskets and seals if damaged as a result of failure of covered engine parts.

v Transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within an automatic transmission and transfer case inclusive of: clutches, bands, pumps, carrier assemblies, internal shafts, (main, intermediate, reaction), thrust washers and bearings, governor, valve body, servo and accumulator assemblies, torque converter, transmission mounts and shift linkage, throttle valve cable, case if damaged as a result of failure of covered automatic transmission parts, internally lubricated parts contained within a manual transmission inclusive of: main shaft, coupler shaft, all gears, synchro hub assemblies, bearings, shift rails and internal shift forks, input shaft synchro rings and retainers, case if damaged as a result of failure of covered components. Internally lubricated parts within the trans-axle of a front wheel drive, including ring and pinion gears, internal bearings, axle(s) and case, if damaged by covered components.

v Rear-Wheel Drive: Parts contained within the differential housing, including ring gear and pinion gears, bearings, differential housing if damaged by failure of internally lubricated parts, axle, and universal joints.

v Four-Wheel Drive: Parts contained within the transfer case; transfer case if damaged by failure of internally lubricated parts.

v Air Conditioning, Cooling and Heating: Factory installed compressor, clutch, heater core, blower motor, radiator, fan, and fan pulley.

v Electrical: Starter, starter solenoid, alternator of generator, voltage regulator, windshield washer pump, wiper motors, trunk lid motor, engine control computer, ignition control module, blower motor, power seat motor, door window motors, power mirror motors, speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, electronic control module (ECM/ECU), climate control, Power train Control Module (PCM).

v Sensors: Manifold pressure temperature, throttle position, mass airflow, coolant temperature, vehicle speed, camshaft/crankshaft angle, wheel speed and climate control sensors.

v Steering: Steering gear, power steering pump, steering column shafts and coupling, rack and pinion.

v Brakes: Master cylinder, vacuum assistant booster, emergency brake cable, brake calipers (loaded), (ABS), wheel cylinders, compensating valve, brake line tubing and fittings.

v Front Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm shafts, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, constant velocity joints, axle(s) wheel bearings.

v Wear & Tear: Any covered part listed. If it breaks due to excessive wear, or is worn out.

v Seals and Gaskets: All seals and gaskets are covered in conjunction with covered parts.

v Labor: All necessary labor will be paid by AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. to repair or replace all parts covered under this warranty agreement.

v Rental: If a vehicle requires more than a 24 hour period to be repaired, AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. will pay up to thirty dollars ($30.00) per day for a maximum of up to four (4) days.

v 24/7 Roadside Program: Towing, emergency tire, battery, gasoline and lockout service, emergency transportation up to 150 miles.

v Trip Interruption: If a vehicle requires more than a 24 hour period to be repaired, AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC. will pay up to four (4) days at $50.00 per day, (over 200 miles from home).

INELIGIBLE VEHICLES

Trucks over one ton classification, taxis, buses, law enforcement vehicles, motor homes. Vehicles used for delivery, construction, taxi, rental, or racing competition. Vehicles modified from the manufacturer’s original specifications, Salvaged vehicles, vehicles equipped with a snowplow, vehicles with inoperable/inaccurate speedometers or odometers. Cadillac’s equipped with 4.1 liter engines. Vehicles with 3, 10, or 12 cylinder engines. Any and/or all vehicles used for plowing. Any and all vehicles used for towing. Any commercial use will invalidate this warranty.

DEFINITIONS

Pre-existing: Pre-existing conditions may be defined as, but not limited to: any part that was broken was worn beyond serviceable limits, or making noise at the time of purchase. Any component or system that was not functioning properly upon the first attempt to operate is also considered pre- existing and includes, but is not limited to: four wheel drive, air conditioning, and electrical components. Failures or breakdowns resulting from pre- existing conditions are the responsibility of the service agreement purchaser.

Mechanical Breakdowns: The inability of any Covered Component to perform the function for which it was designed due to defects in material or workmanship. Mechanical Breakdown does not include the gradual

This is the electrical they are adding...

ELECTRICAL: (Factory Installed Only) Alternator
housing and all internal parts including bearings,
bushings, brushes, rectifier bridge, diodes, field coil and
rotor; alternator mounting brackets; voltage regulator;
starter motor housing and all internal parts including
bushings, field windings, starter drive and solenoid; front
and rear wiper motor and linkage; power window motor;
power seat motor; headlight switch; wiper motor switch;
mirror motor switch; stop light switch; neutral safety switch;
glove box light switch; courtesy light switch; cooling fan
relay; air conditioning solenoid; air regulator valve;
electronic ignition module; electronic instrument panel
module; ignition coil; distributor modules; throttle position
sensor; vehicle speed sensor; map sensor; knock sensor
and barometric pressure sensor; engine distributor
including shaft, gear, bushings and module; cruise control
components including module, servo, cables,
engagement switch, electronic instrument clusters and
driver information systems including speedometer,
odometer, tachometer and warning indicators; theft
system and keyless entry transmitter, keyless entry control
unit, receiver/module. Door lock actuators; mirror motor;
power window switch; power lock switch; turn signal
switch; brake light switch; horn and relay; convertible top
motor; sun roof motor; power antenna motor; electrical
head lamp motor; power trunk/hatch release solenoid;
front and rear window regulators;crank angle sensor;cam
position sensor; automatic temperature control sensor;
mass air flow sensor; coolant temperature sensor, O2
sensors.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Ya Mark, my buddie has that one with 69,500 miles on it he just bought. The dealer wanted $4,200 for a 3 year 36k, so ya we would be real interested.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

Hey Mark... Looks like a pretty good warranty.. A couple of things that Im curious about though..

1. It states that modified vehicles are not covered.. does that include a lift or Supercharger?

2. How many miles is on your H2 that you purchased this warranty on??

Thanks again for another informative post!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by working Hummer:
Ya Mark, my buddie has that one with 69,500 miles on it he just bought. The dealer wanted $4,200 for a 3 year 36k, so ya we would be real interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4200 bucks??? This one was 4 year, 100,000 miles for 2500 bucks. My problem is I put on about 30K miles a year... Even with a 48K mile warranty, it would be good for about a year and a half. I'm looking for longer than that.

Not to mention, I received no deductible (I think that was a special dated offer) If you read the contract, you'll find it's pretty comprehensive. Have your friend send me an email and I'll give you the guy's number and name.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dewi2005:
Hey Mark... Looks like a pretty good warranty.. A couple of things that Im curious about though..

1. It states that modified vehicles are not covered.. does that include a lift or Supercharger?

2. How many miles is on your H2 that you purchased this warranty on??

Thanks again for another informative post! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dewi,

Thanks, I forgot, the BEST part. I have 60K miles on my truck now and I told him upfront about my bigger tires, LIFTKIT and 4.56 gears.

They said as long as I told them up front, they had no problem with it.

I've checked with SEVERAL companies and this guy seemed very upfront with info and telling me what he can and cannot include.

He offered to make the necc changes. (eg. added the electrical part that I wanted, changed the mileage requirements, etc, etc.)

If anyone is interested, send me an email. He said that if a few people were interested, he could make it like a group buy...

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Hummer Guru

Here's the link to the warranty company. Auto Repair Warranty

The "plan" was customized to my needs so if you don't see my plan, well, that's because the owner modified the plan and changed the price.

You can ask for Marty... however, if you want an extra discount, you MUST mention you received the information from Mark Mahoney on the Hummer forum.

Just for the record, I have no affiliation with this company and until I sign the papers tomorrow, I have never done business with them.
They have a 3,6,9 and 12 month payment plan with zero % financing.

I'm paying 1250 tomorrow and will use the 90 day same as cash feature. With the startup of a new shop and a wedding at the end of March, I need a break...lol.

Hope that helps.

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mark.. I am definitely interested in the same coverage you have.

Do you know if they use a corporate credit card to pay for the work when it is complete? I know the local dealer here wants to only deal with warranty companies that use a corporate credit card. Any idea? Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mark, I just sent in via their website a request for quote. I mentioned Marty's and your name as well as the name of this forum.

Hope they can work the same deal for me because I could not find a company that was willing to cover me with a supercharger (at least not for a reasonable price).
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dewi2005:
Mark, I just sent in via their website a request for quote. I mentioned Marty's and your name as well as the name of this forum.

Hope they can work the same deal for me because I could not find a company that was willing to cover me with a supercharger (at least not for a reasonable price). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dewi,

I don't think the supercharger will be an issue. I'm not sure but it seemed as long as they knew about it, they didn't have a problem.

As far as paying, yes, they pay directly to the company so you can get your truck back. It's not one of those you gotta pay first and we'll reinburse you.

Here's a quote from their company.

Auto Repair Warranty, Inc.
is a full service vehicle warranty company.

We are not a Broker or Agent. We do not transfer our Risk to a warranty administrator, reinsure or insurance company. We maintain all contracts in house.

When you purchase a warranty with us you stay with us.

When you have a claim we pay for the repairs directly to the repair facility immediately upon completion of the work. You are not required to pay for the repair and then wait for an administrator, insurance company or reinsure you never heard of
to mail you a refund check.

Let me know what they quote you. I have to call in this morning and will remind them that you called.

My logic is, for 2500 bucks, hell, that could be one repair. I've spent more than that on repairs already.

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
Thanks, I forgot, the BEST part. I have 60K miles on my truck now and I told him upfront about my bigger tires, LIFTKIT and 4.56 gears.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would insist on getting that in writing. There is a good chance they will stick to the letter of their agreement unless you have something contrary in writing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil,

I'm in complete agreeance. I will have an addendum in print first.

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple of things to ask the warranty guy:
1)will they put new, OEM parts in(you don't want a junkyard trans if yours burns up)
2)will they charge you 'betterment'?(according to them, that same trans has a 100k mile'usable' life--when it fails at 75k miles, you pay for 75% of the repair costs)
Old 02-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Hope they can work the same deal for me because I could not find a company that was willing to cover me with a supercharger (at least not for a reasonable price). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dewi,

I'm on the phone with Marty right now and he says there is no mention of your email. You may want to call him at 1-888-645-5040

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Mark, I called and spoke with Marty.. he had just got off the phone with you. Marty seems like a very genuine guy, and stated that they will put in writing any special considerations made so that when you call in for a service approval, the person on their end will see exactly what you purchased.

They use a corporate credit card to make immediate payment to the shop "of your choice".

Ill probably go with the same coverage as you have and pay the additional $100 for the coverage due to my supercharger.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Planohummer:
1)will they put new, OEM parts in(you don't want a junkyard trans if yours burns up)
2)will they charge you 'betterment'?(according to them, that same trans has a 100k mile'usable' life--when it fails at 75k miles, you pay for 75% of the repair costs) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill email them and ask these questions.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Planohummer:
2)will they charge you 'betterment'?(according to them, that same trans has a 100k mile'usable' life--when it fails at 75k miles, you pay for 75% of the repair costs) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill email them and ask these questions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dewi,

I'm sorry, I meant to respond and got sidetracked.

No, no used parts are used. There is no betterment or depreciation and the warranty carries the same response whether you are 500 miles into the warranty or 100,000.

Hope that answers your questions.

Mark
Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds too good to be true...

But I may be interested, also. Let us know if they work with you on the addendum.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Mark.. I had sent an email to Marty a while back, but had to step away from the desk for a while.. so, when I returned, your update and an email from Marty were here.

With all this going for the coverage, I think Im going to move forward with a purchase.. Like you said, one big issue will cost more than the price of this coverage.. I also looked at the Better Business report and they are rated very high.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
It sounds too good to be true...

But I may be interested, also. Let us know if they work with you on the addendum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken, Marty stated that anything promised would be written in the warranty documentation. You will be allowed to review all the documentation, sign a copy and return it to them. That copy you return is the one they go off when you call in for repair. I think this is a sure thing and I do understand the hesitation as it does seem too good to be true.. however, they do check out.