H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a noise that seems to be coming from somewhere in the vicinity of the interior fuse panel, and sounds like the all-too-familiar sound of a styrofoam cooler squeaking. It happens just about at any speed, all the way down to .05 mph (vibration from the tires). I pulled the panel cover off and searched there and up under the dash, but found nothing.

Anyone else have this one and found a cure? I really don't want to spend my weekend disassembling the dash looking for it.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Hummer Authority

It's a noise that seems to be coming from somewhere in the vicinity of the interior fuse panel, and sounds like the all-too-familiar sound of a styrofoam cooler squeaking. It happens just about at any speed, all the way down to .05 mph (vibration from the tires). I pulled the panel cover off and searched there and up under the dash, but found nothing.

Anyone else have this one and found a cure? I really don't want to spend my weekend disassembling the dash looking for it.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

does it make the noise when you push on the door panel? If so check where the door panel meets the frame at both top corners--look for a chalky residue. Put pieces of the soft side of Velcro tape underneath the panel
Old 02-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Hey Pete,

My driver side door panel was doing the same thing that Planohummer said. When I swapped out my door handles with Rod I fixed the squeak by using some felt. It sounded like it was under the dash to me as well...worth a shot before you tear into the dash.

Also I am getting a "tick" like rattle down by my fuses it sound like. It is a sound of a loose relay or something tapping on a steel pin or something. It is very fun to hear. So far I just turn up the radio.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Hummer Authority

VT and Plano, thanks for the tips. I've tried pushing on every panel I can get my hands on while driving, and nothing has made a difference. I even rode with the door open, and I could still hear it. Still, because of your comments, I won't rule the door panels out.

VT, check the bracket that holds the engine diagnostic plug. I noticed last night that it's held in place by a screw on one side, and a metal retainer on the other side. Mine definitely hangs loosely.

I listen to talk radio 95% of the time while I'm in the truck alone, so the "turn up the volume" ain't always the answer. LOL
Old 02-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

LOL!

Well I will look at that today! Thanks for the tips buddy - I thought I was suppose to be helping you?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
mstams

I've had the same types of noises -- both squeaking and tapping from that area of the dash and front door panels -- on both my former '05 SUT and current '05 SUV. So far I've just turned up the volume on the radio as well, but I'm getting pretty close to tearing into things.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Well, I found this one. It was the parking brake cable squeaking in the grommet where it goes through the floor. I was on my way home from work, and the thought occured to me to push down on the parking brake. As soon as I did, the noise stopped. I just about jizzed my pants.

I pulled off the sill panel and the kick panel, and just by feeling around, figured the exact source. One shot of lithium grease in between the cable and the grommet...problem solved.

One down, several more to go!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

hey pete arent u suppose to get use to rattles and squeaks with the mudders? i dont have any yet but back in the day when i had some intercos everything rattled , but it was a wrangler thou!!!