H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-18-2003, 01:48 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Finally my patience has paid off, and I've found a dealership that will sell to me at GMS pricing, which brings the wife acceptance factor into the green.

However, after reading these forums religiously over the past few days, I'm not sure what I want. I read a lot about people replacing this, and that, etc, etc... So I want to only purchase what I don't want to replace.

I originally planned to get the Adv Series with Leather shown here for $47,046.68.

A base model shown here, will run me $43,617.68.

The Adv series offers:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
<LI>AIR COMPRESSOR
<LI>AIR SPRINGS
<LI>BRUSH GUARD
<LI>FLOOR MATS, FR & RR CARPETED -
<LI>AM/FM 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER
<LI>FIRST AID/SUPERTOOL/FLASHLIGHT
<LI>CROSSBAR ROOF RACK (BLK)[/list]Which will cost me $3,429.

So my question is basically, is it worth it?
Are these options that I could add, after the fact for less money and of better quality?

Are you guys happy with the stock Brush guard? Or do you normally look to replace it with something else?

I notice a lot of people adding Navigation, this is something I'm interested in as well, so there goes the Head Unit.

Does the Air COmpressor and Air Springs make a significant difference Off-Road?
Old 02-18-2003, 01:48 PM

Finally my patience has paid off, and I've found a dealership that will sell to me at GMS pricing, which brings the wife acceptance factor into the green.

However, after reading these forums religiously over the past few days, I'm not sure what I want. I read a lot about people replacing this, and that, etc, etc... So I want to only purchase what I don't want to replace.

I originally planned to get the Adv Series with Leather shown here for $47,046.68.

A base model shown here, will run me $43,617.68.

The Adv series offers:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
<LI>AIR COMPRESSOR
<LI>AIR SPRINGS
<LI>BRUSH GUARD
<LI>FLOOR MATS, FR & RR CARPETED -
<LI>AM/FM 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER
<LI>FIRST AID/SUPERTOOL/FLASHLIGHT
<LI>CROSSBAR ROOF RACK (BLK)[/list]Which will cost me $3,429.

So my question is basically, is it worth it?
Are these options that I could add, after the fact for less money and of better quality?

Are you guys happy with the stock Brush guard? Or do you normally look to replace it with something else?

I notice a lot of people adding Navigation, this is something I'm interested in as well, so there goes the Head Unit.

Does the Air COmpressor and Air Springs make a significant difference Off-Road?
Old 02-18-2003, 02:02 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Air Compressor can NOT be added after the fact.

The leather seats are cheaper now. If you pay a replacement cost later it will be much higher.

Stock brush guard looks good and is functional.

I WOULD NOT get GPS now. They take the 6 disc in dash changer out and the unit goes there. I have seen this unit and it is an AM/FM CD, but no changer. Get the ALPINE after market and mount the screen on the dash. That is what is being done to my H2

Spend the $3,429.00, its worth it. With the price you're paying, there isn't an option I wouldn't get. Good for you and enjoy.

See ya

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I have Adventure pack plus leather, plus side bars, grill, offroad lamps, etc... I could've saved thousands of dollars on things I do not need.

If I were to do it all over again, I will get the base model plus leather seats, period. You can always get the other stuffs later on at cheaper prices, you can have the luxury to wait and see, pick and choose what fit your taste, or you can sit back and enjoy without adding one item. The dynamic options and cash will be in your hands, instead of rushing into a decision now and wasteful to replace later.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:55 PM

The things I find that would be cheaper to get now, rather than later are the Leather Seats, Air Compressor, Sunroof, and Air Springs.

I know I want a Brush Guard, Roof Rack, CD Changer, and a few other Misc things that can easily be added after the purchase.

The problem for me, mainly stems from the Air Compressor, Air Springs. If this is an option I want, then getting Adv Package becomes cheaper than purchasing later.

So I guess that's the real question. What does the Air Springs, Air Compressor do for you? Keeping in mind I do plan to take this off-road, as well as drive it as a day to day vehicle.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree totally with HeeHaw! That's too good of a deal to pass up and to add those features at a later time would be very expensive. The other thing that you need to think about is the trade-in value. I don't believe that the base model will retain its value as well as the lux or adventure series.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:28 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

Congrats D,

Will you have it in time for Sunday?? We will of course need to break it in correctly...!

Trav

http://www.HummerTeam.com
Travis - North Texas
Old 02-18-2003, 03:39 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

We used GMS too, so we bought one loaded up, and wound up not "saving" all that much. But you know what? We haven't regretted anything. The air suspension is worth it even tho we had to take it in for service today, and leather is a must for us because we spill a lot of things and we'll probably have babies riding in the truck spilling things too. We don't use the sunroof much, but it adds a feeling of airiness (got claustrophobic in non-sunroof H2). We got the Lux because it had the chrome/leather etc in one pkg. If we got white (we have Pewter), we wouldn't have gotten the chrome. Personal choice there.

We got the wrap brush guard because we had heard other people on the forum talk about how it's easier to see your corners with it and they were right (as is so with many many other things). Plus it looks cool.

So we wound up with: Pewter lux w. wrap brush guards, tail guards, sunroof, air susp. Also got mudder seat covers and cargo liner in addition to the cargo mat. Mudder seat covers look NOTHING like the catalog shows but do their job well. Look before you buy if you're interested. Just about all you need and more. about the only thing you'll have to add later is floor mats, because the "custom" mats are a har har joke. People on the forum have said they like the Husky mats.

Hope this helps -- did you find a dealer in Texas for GMS? We had to go all the way to Detroit in 2002 to find anyone taking GMS.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:53 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

I have the *exact* truck that Brooklyn does (don't think I realized that!)

I would do the air suspension again in a heartbeat, and that's the option that's going to cost you an arm and a leg later on. I'd go with the options you outlined. Good luck!

Kelley
Old 02-18-2003, 04:00 PM

I was kinda figuring we had the same truck, Kelley, from your pix, but I wasn't 100% sure. I just KNEW there was ANOTHER reason why I thought you were so cool!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:06 PM

KAC is off the scale

I got the Adv series + leather (and a few other things). I wouldn't change anything. I do like the wrap around brush guard for the reasons mentioned above and it helps break up the chrome in the grill (I hate chrome). I bet you can get that cheaper elsewhere but since the Adv series comes with a brush guard, it's not that much more to upgrade. A navigation system doesn't necessarily replace the Head Unit - my nav system is under my 2nd row seat and the monitor is in my visor. Do a search - others have found very creative places for their monitors without replacing the head unit.

Good luck with your decision - you're going to love it!

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 02-18-2003, 04:21 PM

Spidey is off the scale

I test drove one with out the air and one with and I could definately tell the difference.I went even further and contacted a
member of the Hummer Racing Team via the internet who recommended the Air as well. I'm sorry their name escapes me at this moment. Mine, however is going to be my Daily Driver and will be used alot for work so comfort was high on my list. I was also told Some --- who are into a lot of serious off roading may prefer not to have the air because more can go wrong with it, so you may want to look further into that.The tubular side bars/steps also will bend so that's why I opted with the removable step. Leather is a must and Since they boast about having the largest sunroof I myself would rather that then a after market product. Good luck!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 05:58 PM

Spidey - Glad to hear that you got to test drive both with and without air and there was a difference. When we bought, we weren't into off-roading, and we just got air for potential resale, and, well, just to get it. Our dealer told us there wasn't that much of a difference in the ride (for once, a salesman that wasn't into boosting options to get us to spend more!). But now I'm glad to hear someone that thought there was a difference.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummerTeam:
Will you have it in time for Sunday?? We will of course need to break it in correctly...!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I wish! More than likely I'm going to order one to get it exactly how I want it. And the deal I have with my wife is that I can't get it till we get from our trip to Hawaii, which is in June.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummerTeam:
-- did you find a dealer in Texas for GMS? We had to go all the way to Detroit in 2002 to find anyone taking GMS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>All the dealers I called in Texas would not accept GMS, and as a matter of fact told me that GM would not allow GMS prices to be honored until 18 months after release.

However, thanks to Travis at Hummerteam.com, a dealer here in the Metroplex is offering me GMS.

Thanks everyone for their input.

I think I've decided that I want a Pewter H2, Adv Series, Leather, Sunroof, Wrap Around Brush Guard.

Old 02-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

cognitive is off the scale

bklynh2srock : What do the Mudder Covers look like? Are there any pictures of them? I've only seen the ones from the brochure. I was considering getting them but if they don't look like the ones in the catalog, I'll think again.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:38 PM

They're much more matte than in the pix. If you want, we can take pix when she's back from being serviced for the aforementioned air susp problem. We were going to take pix of all the snow here anyway, in a photo thread called, "Who said you don't need an H2 in Brooklyn?"
Old 02-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Here's my two cents on what to get:

(1) If you like the chrome mirrors etc., get the Lux package plus air suspension.

(2) If you like the black mirrors etc., get the Adv pkg plus Leather.

I wouldn't get a sunroof, but that's just me. Most people seem to like 'em.

Jim
Red H2
Old 02-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Get the SUN ROOF it is awsome - The biggest ever in a GM product !
Old 02-18-2003, 11:23 PM

1 bad h2 is off the scale

you only live once!!!!!!go for it all