H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 AM

Peter etg is off the scale

Once again, i need your thoughts about a possible buy.
Seller wants 37300 for it.
Is the price ok? It is a 2004 w not to many miles...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...eName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

If i buy this one, i would also try to find a few items to add on.
About how much would the following accesories cost used? :
- Hard cargocarrier.
- Two loop brushguard
- Lightbar w lights

thanks
Peter
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 AM

Once again, i need your thoughts about a possible buy.
Seller wants 37300 for it.
Is the price ok? It is a 2004 w not to many miles...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...eName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

If i buy this one, i would also try to find a few items to add on.
About how much would the following accesories cost used? :
- Hard cargocarrier.
- Two loop brushguard
- Lightbar w lights

thanks
Peter
Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Offer him 40
Old 08-18-2005, 04:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RMST:
Offer him 40 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You´re in the wrong place.
I´ll help you out. Here´s where you can post
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/4231096631
Old 08-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

I am assuming it must be much higher import duties for new vehicles going into Sweden. Otherwise, brand new H2 are selling for not too much more money. Are you aware of the current GM employee discount program? I just went on HUMMER site and both the SUV & SUT are listing at $49,718. And I am sure you can still negotiate a little more. My understanding is GM are paying the dealers 5% of original msrp under this program plus there is a $1,000 incentive. So depending on how hungry/desperate the dealership is, knocking another $3,000 off is possible.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

If any of the dealers mess with GM Employee Pricing, they put their franchise at risk.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:20 PM

yes i´m aware of the gm employee pricing, the problem is that dealers are not allowed to sell brand new cars abroad. Used cars are ok, not new.
I think the best price for a new base 2005 SUV i have been offered is something like 45500.
I thought 37300 for this -04 was ok?

thanks
peter
Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter etg:
yes i´m aware of the gm employee pricing, the problem is that dealers are not allowed to sell brand new cars abroad. Used cars are ok, not new.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, there is ways to get around that. Buy new and save your nerves and time...
Old 08-18-2005, 07:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter etg:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, there is ways to get around that. Buy new and save your nerves and time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i know. Brokers and stuff.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

I think the best price for a new base 2005 SUV i have been offered is something like 45500.
I thought 37300 for this -04 was ok?

thanks
peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never heard of that. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine has been exporting H1 & H2 to China for the past years and just last month he exported a H3 as well. And I know he buys from various dealerships. Fyi, there are hundreds of H1 & H2 running all over China and all of them are brought in the same way because GM does not sell HUMMER in China yet. (Rumors said they will soon.)
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, there is ways to get around that. Buy new and save your nerves and time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto
Old 08-19-2005, 05:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto? You just said you never heard about it.

Any new american produced car needs to be registrated on a valid american address.
Ofcourse there are brokers that one can use.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any new american produced car needs to be registrated on a valid american address.
Ofcourse there are brokers that one can use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.autoexportusa.com/
Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.autoexportusa.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is possible to buy through companies like that.
But you can not buy straight from an authorized dealer.
And then of course theese brokers wants their piece of the cake.
For example they sell a 19000 miles -04 for US 47-48000 incl. the US 1200-1500 overseasshipping
Not the best deal i have seen.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then of course theese brokers wants their piece of the cake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd still talk to them. If you are looking to get a used one, you'll get the security that if your truck would fall apart you have somebody responsible for it. If you are looking to get new, they might be able negotiate better deals than you. I calculated the difference to be aroud $8,400 is MSRP and I'm looking to get something off that.

We can buy H2's in Finland for 94,000€ ($113,000). To get H2 over here with taxes and all the other crap that will take time and money it would be about 87,000€ ($101,000) if I did it myself. So if I can negotiate about 4,000€ off the MRSP I think 4,500€ would be reasonable premium for the dealer to make the deal with me. And I didn't have to worry about anything other than walking the circle in my living room and wait
Old 08-19-2005, 11:39 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then of course theese brokers wants their piece of the cake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd still talk to them. If you are looking to get a used one, you'll get the security that if your truck would fall apart you have somebody responsible for it. If you are looking to get new, they might be able negotiate better deals than you. I calculated the difference to be aroud $8,400 is MSRP and I'm looking to get something off that.

We can buy H2's in Finland for 94,000€ ($113,000). To get H2 over here with taxes and all the other crap that will take time and money it would be about 87,000€ ($101,000) if I did it myself. So if I can negotiate about 4,000€ off the MRSP I think 4,500€ would be reasonable premium for the dealer to make the deal with me. And I didn't have to worry about anything other than walking the circle in my living room and wait </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WIN You might want to check this swedishsite
http://www.bytbil.com for an H2?

I know that you are thinking of buying a new H2 in the US. What kind of price are you hoping to get?

And congrats to the bronze!!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

WIN You might want to check this swedishsite
http://www.bytbil.com for an H2?

I know that you are thinking of buying a new H2 in the US. What kind of price are you hoping to get?

And congrats to the bronze!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I bought a new one (Luxury + few other items) I believe I could be in about $52,000 in US (honestly I don't see any reason to buy one for like $44,000 when you can get new for $8,000 more). Once I import the H2 I will have about 18,000 euros worth of changes and tests I HAVE TO do by law, not forgetting all the shipping, insurances, some tricks that has to be done the get the vehicle bought in US. So not only the pricing of the vehicle but also all the work and testing that has to be done will be really stresful. So, what I'm thinking is that I'll let a company do it for me and pay a little premium for it. If the premium is around 4,000 euros (inc. taxes) I think it is worth it considering all the risks I have when doind it alone. We have a company in Finland that will get me a brand new for 94,000 euros (inc. taxes), no questions asked, all taken care of. For me, since it will be registered for my company the actual price will be much less though. All taxes are deductable. So the price for me will be no more that 70,000. I'm hoping to make the deal happen for 90k€ though.

Congrats to you, for.... I don't know how many medals, but I was there for most of them. Carolina was a excellent and pretty as usual and you're female high jumpers were in control all the way. Luckily I missed the worst part of the weather...
Old 08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never heard about: "the problem is that dealers are not allowed to sell brand new cars abroad"

ditto: "Dude, there is ways to get around that. Buy new and save your nerves and time... "

"Any new american produced car needs to be registrated on a valid american address." I don't know where you got that from but that is a false statement. Look, like I said, a friend of mine has been exporting these american produced cars for the past 3 or 4 years and every single one are bought from new HUMMER dealerships. All brand new, not used/pre-owned/demo. He buys all of them from out of state (any state but California) so he doesn't have to pay California sales tax and he does not register these vehicles in California because it is not going to be used in this state. He does have to proof to US Custom the title of ownership of the vehicle being exported. This is to prevent people sending stolen cars or cars that are not even paid-off overseas.

FWIW, this is a rather simple process on the US side. Most of the paperworks are done by the shipping company. Maybe the brokers are making it seems complicated and that's how they make their money? But to say all new american cars has to be registered here is simply not true.

Personally, I have helped friends abroad buying all kinds of cars (new, used, american, japanese, european). So I know what I am talking about And the fact I am not here to sell you anything and am here to offer you free advice, I suggest you to take it
Old 08-19-2005, 07:20 PM

Strange. ALL dealers i talk to say they can´t sell to anyone outside of the US.
I´m sure there are people here working selling Hummers. Churhill? that can comment on this.

Anyway. I started this thread asking if 37300 was good for this -04 lux?