H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road
Default Can the 06/07 realistically be made to a 7 seater?

My Wifes Dad passed and left us a Yellow Z71 truck. I sold my truck to keep this for her because he had little else. After 2 years I can not take the color anymore. I want to get her an H2 and I am begging to get rid of that truck. She said ok as long as I get her a yellow one. I am thinking 06 is the last year for yellow but maybe 07. My question is Can I have a 7th seat put in without a lot of fabbing? Can I take a 3rd row seat from an 03-07 and have it fit or is there not enough room? (I have 4 kiddos, my wife, and myself fills it up) I need one more spot for Granma. Thanks,
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: Can the 06/07 realistically be made to a 7 seater?

You have a 7 seater if you buy a 2 person seat for the 3rd row. 2 up front, 3 in the middle, 2 in the very back. A seat will latch in right where the normal 1 seater goes. You should have no trouble that I can see. I know my 2005 did that.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

zmanH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badace
After 2 years I can not take the color anymore.

If color is the problem - why a yellow (again) H2? And yes if you place the full 3rd row seat there, you can take 7. That 3rd row is good just for kids IMO.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

The 3rd Row BENCH seat is aftermarket and can fit 3 young kids. Between $800 - $1000 depending on the make. Mine comes with mounting brackets that replaces the existing 3rd row oem seat bracket, though no drilling and easy install. It also un-folds completely flat -- great for my 2 kids to sleep on when we camp.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My Wifes Dad passed and left us a Yellow Z71 truck. I sold my truck to keep this for her because he had little else. After 2 years I can not take the color anymore. I want to get her an H2 and I am begging to get rid of that truck. She said ok as long as I get her a yellow one. I am thinking 06 is the last year for yellow but maybe 07. My question is Can I have a 7th seat put in without a lot of fabbing? Can I take a 3rd row seat from an 03-07 and have it fit or is there not enough room? (I have 4 kiddos, my wife, and myself fills it up) I need one more spot for Granma. Thanks,

Sorry to hear that your father in law has passed away.
Like others have said why if you hate Yellow, why another Yellow? (I did not even answer first cause of this)
All you would have to do is get a full size third row seat for the Hummer.

Not that I do not love Hummers but for a people hauler would not a
Suburban, Yukon do better for you?
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Yes if you get the full 3rd row seat it can actually be an 8 seater, not a ton of room in the 3rd row but I have gone on long family vacations to other states with 2-3 people in the back row.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

I can not take the Yellow as my car. I could not care what color her car is. She wants Yellow so she can kind of honor her dad in a way. (I guess. SHe is hanging on to all kinds of crap that would have been on the curb or at goodwill if it were my family. I am not cold hearted. I just don't see the purpose of holding old clothes that will never be worn by anyone. Or Boots eaten up with athletes feet and so on.) I ate $7000 just to keep that Truck when I sold my upside down Perfect Z71. Thanks for the condolences. She is pretty tore up still. I get her the rig she wants, (And a year or two older means less money so I can pay it off quickly and get me an 08.) Forgive me mother earth. I may drive a gas guzzler, but I am sure smoking a20-25 cigarettes a day is no picnic on the environment, so I will do my part by not smoking.

Thanks for the advice on the rear seats. That does help and I did not know it was available.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dwaxman1 is on a distinguished road

any photos of the third row bench installed??

A computer beat me at chess once.

But, it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Hummer Expert

I do not care what color her car is. I just don't want Yellow. I used to make so much fun of him and now I am driving it. I took a $7000 hit to get rid of my Brand new Z71 inorder to keep her dads truck. It has since been hit on the Drivers side Rear wheel/fender twice (once by a red light under age runner and the other by a stroking out Arab Limo driver going 75 in a parking lot while it was luckily unattended) Now the Rearend eats tires like candy and the alignment and body shops can not help me.

Anyways, Since she wants a Yellow one to kinda honor her father It has to be an older one (07/06?). Saves me coin so I can pay it off fast and I can get rid of the Z71 Suburb and get me an SUT. SO I win. ANy links to the 3 seat rear seat? THanks
Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaxman1
any photos of the third row bench installed??

http://www.firstclasslimos.net/black-hummer-h2.html heres some pics of my 08 h2 with the factory 3rd row seat.

We have full 3rd row seats in all 4 of our hummer h2 limos for max seating. Most are the aftermarket kind, last time we bought them off ebay and got lucky and got an 08 rear 3rd seat. The 08 seating has much more cusion and feels like a million bucks for a 3rd row seat. Also the 08 style seats fold in half so you could fold half down or both halves down from the rear, also they can ovbiously be taken out 1 by 1 or take out 1 and leave 1 in if you have some cargo etc.

I suggest ebay and only ebay, theyre much too expensive anywhere else. Theres always some new aftermarket ones on ebay which are like $1000 which is still alot cheaper than OEM, but if you look around you can find them on ebay slightly used for half the price!
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

my car collection
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Would Factory 08 3rd row fit in an 07? Thanks,
Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Hummer Professional

Yes I believe any year will fit / any hummer seat will fit. We have bought various different seats off ebay and they all have fit in different h2s we have. I think some of them require drilling one hole.
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

my car collection
Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Anyways, Since she wants a Yellow one to kinda honor her father It has to be an older one (07/06?).

to answer this part of the question '07 was the last year they made the yellow. And so you know incase you are not aware the "07 and earlier models only had a 6.0 litre engine and a 4-spd transmission for "08 they changed it now to a 6.2 Litre and 6-spd transmission.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Yes that is the question 07 is the last year. She is driving a 04 5.3 Litre Z71 Suburban. It has a 4spd with OD. DOes the 07 have 4spd with OD? The Suburban has a Curb Weight of 5300 and GVWR of 7200. As long as the 07 has good passing power and does not wind out to bad at 75-85 MPH. Does it? I am not as particular on her rig as I am on mine. The Suburban has 80k miles and Runs awesome. Seriously feels as strong as the day we drove it off the lot. I love GM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Hummer Novice

espiritiv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
Yes I believe any year will fit / any hummer seat will fit. We have bought various different seats off ebay and they all have fit in different h2s we have. I think some of them require drilling one hole.

The Full 3rd row seats on eBbay from Needfultoyz will fit all years 2003-2007. 2005+ years require drilling one hole, earlier years dont need to. Pretty straight forward install You can purchase a extra seatbelt from them so that you can fit 3 people in the rear seat. Best price i've seen on the net.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

in all the hummers, excluding 08, that i have seen, modification is required to have more than one seat in the third row....the benches are mostly designed with only 2 seatbelts....some fold flat forward, some slide back and forth and some fold flat backward (like a mini bed)....but all h2's from the factory only have the mounting hardware on one side (passenger)...if you found a bench that did not require any mods for install it would mean the side behind the driver woiuld not be attached to anything....