H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Well I finally have it finished enough to be proud to post pics. It's an 03 that I bought in Dec of 02. Back when dealers added 5-7K to MSRP. But I had no patience and it was either that or give the 25K down payment to the IRS - a no brainer right?

The Gobi rack I installed myself, It's very simple. I also wired all of the PIAA lighting. All exterior connections are soldered and covered with shrink tape. Wiring the lights is not something I would do again. Just getting the wires into the cab and under the dash took me 4 hours! If you look you can see the factory off road lights that come on the grill for the adventure package have been changed out with PIAA. They just looked cheesy after installing the upper ones.

I'm pretty much finished with the exterior with the exception of getting a Gobi Ladder which I am in the process of buying from a fellow forum member here. As you can see there is very little "bling" and it will stay that way. Even the chrome gas filler cover (not shown) will be replaced with a black one when I get the chance.

Future plans include Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjuster. Tint DS/PS windows. Either paint interior trim or buy a LE kit. Possibly a front locker when I'm out of warranty.

I'd like to thank my Wife for her support of my love of this vehicle. She enthusiasticaly agreed to spend 60K on a SUV. The Gobi rack was a christmas gift. The winch was a birthday gift she secretly had installed when it was in for routine maintenance. Anything and everything I do with it she supports even though she does not enjoy off-roading (it scares her). A special lady to be sure.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Well I finally have it finished enough to be proud to post pics. It's an 03 that I bought in Dec of 02. Back when dealers added 5-7K to MSRP. But I had no patience and it was either that or give the 25K down payment to the IRS - a no brainer right?

The Gobi rack I installed myself, It's very simple. I also wired all of the PIAA lighting. All exterior connections are soldered and covered with shrink tape. Wiring the lights is not something I would do again. Just getting the wires into the cab and under the dash took me 4 hours! If you look you can see the factory off road lights that come on the grill for the adventure package have been changed out with PIAA. They just looked cheesy after installing the upper ones.

I'm pretty much finished with the exterior with the exception of getting a Gobi Ladder which I am in the process of buying from a fellow forum member here. As you can see there is very little "bling" and it will stay that way. Even the chrome gas filler cover (not shown) will be replaced with a black one when I get the chance.

Future plans include Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjuster. Tint DS/PS windows. Either paint interior trim or buy a LE kit. Possibly a front locker when I'm out of warranty.

I'd like to thank my Wife for her support of my love of this vehicle. She enthusiasticaly agreed to spend 60K on a SUV. The Gobi rack was a christmas gift. The winch was a birthday gift she secretly had installed when it was in for routine maintenance. Anything and everything I do with it she supports even though she does not enjoy off-roading (it scares her). A special lady to be sure.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Front view
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

another
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Selecting my rims was the hardest thing for me. I didn't really want all black because they scratch easy. I searched for pretty much two years before finding these. Black and chrome together. The rings are of course for looks and can bereplaced if they are damaged. Or better yet, remove them before going off-road. Six short screws and they are off.

The rims are Weld dune 8's 17"X8" with 4.50 offset. I decided to go with the BFG MT 35/12.50. The extra inch I would have gotten running 37's did not seem worth it with the speedo off-set or warranty issues. Besides, if I need that extra inch, I probably shouldn't be there in the first place.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Would love some feedback and/or ideas for the future.

Don't be afraid to tell me I did something wrong or something needs improvement. I don't offend easy and value everyones opinion.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking rig racer! The low level of bling looks even better!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Ya Alec, I just bought that tire cover and don't really like it. I got it thinking it would look OK and would cover the fact that the spare does not match (OE A/T) I've been debating which is the lesser of two evils.

Rattle can the rings? Right now they are powder coated and the wording is actually etched into the aluminum. I see your point though. When it comes time to replace them from scratches maybe Weld would make me some without the wording???

I like the mirror and door handle idea too.

Black grill, I've seen that here and love the look. What are people doing? Bed liner spray?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Thank you DDWH. I'm very proud of it.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

You wheel it? Then it's all good. I like the look, I'd like it more with the winch tucked away inside a DRTY bumper. Personally, I like the bigger rubber to fill the wheelwell, but if 35's do it for you, that's what matters. I would Line-X the grille with white. Very nicely done overall.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Looks great! (But makes me miss my offroad lights!!! )

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd like it more with the winch tucked away inside a DRTY bumper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I first saw those right after I got mine. Makes the H2 look just fricken awesome. Maybe someday.

Then theres the issue of my wife having that one installed without my knowledge - something she is very proud of, getting rid of it would probably hurt her feelings.

There are advantages to being able to slap the winch on the back too. Especially for someone like me who gets in over his head and backs up alot...LOL
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Oh geez I almost forgot. Brian at Hummer Solutions has really been a help when I run into trouble picking and/or installing gadgets. Especially with running all the wiring, relays,switches and fuse links for the OR lights.

One of the nicest most helpful guys you could ever meet.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on having an understanding wife. Now don't let her drive it.

Where are you, anyway?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now don't let her drive it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I hear that can be a problem. Actually she doesn't care to drive it. She's always afraid somehthing will happen when she's behind the wheel.

I live in Ca bay area. About 15 miles north of berkeley. It's a struggle living in this area sometimes. Many occasions I have had confrontations. Once a lady bitched me out for driving a huge polluter. As I just looked at her stunned - she turned, walked away and fired up her 70's VW bug spewing black smoke.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Alex13188 is off the scale

looks good man, nice choice on the wheels you cant beat weld
Old 01-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Proof she's a dirty girl! Look close and you will see the dif fluid in the mud.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

When she was young and firm.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks real nice, you did a great job. Thank your wife.