H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-24-2002, 01:02 PM

beernerd is off the scale

I am thinking about getting a H2 (well its actually beyond the thinking phase, I am getting one) I only have one dealer in my area (That I know of)that is Indianapolis, IN does anyone think it would be worth doing some wheeling and dealing over the phone and then flying to that location to pick it up? any info would be greatly appreciated, and any good dealers you might know of.

If the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:02 PM

beernerd is off the scale

I am thinking about getting a H2 (well its actually beyond the thinking phase, I am getting one) I only have one dealer in my area (That I know of)that is Indianapolis, IN does anyone think it would be worth doing some wheeling and dealing over the phone and then flying to that location to pick it up? any info would be greatly appreciated, and any good dealers you might know of.

If the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

My advice is to first see what deal you can get at your local dealer. If you are paying MSRP for your H2 and and accessories, go with that. You're better off sticking with a dealer close by for servicing going forward, and you'll unlikely to find a deal below MSRP anyhow, since many H2 dealers try to charge above MSRP which you should be able to negiotate back down.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:27 PM

SJ is off the scale

beernerd:

First, nice UserName; Second, I concur with Zazing that you should see how reasonable your local dealer is before extending the process. Most dealers are charging MSRP, but there are still a few outfits that are charging a premium.

I think now is a good time to buy, since GM is supposedly raising prices in '04. My only regret is that I wasn't more patient. I was #4 on a local waiting list for two years and I took delivery of one of the first H2s in California. As a result, I accepted far more foo-foo options than I wanted (e.g. moonroof, side steps, chrome).

Be patient and inquire about buying at MSRP. There isn't much negotiating room on these units - dealers expect and get a healthy margin, but you should no sooner pay a hefty premium.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-24-2002, 02:28 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

I know that some of the dealers in the upper plains states have stock sitting on the lot. You might be able to get one IMMEDIATELY, but I don't think the price would be any better. I'm fairly certain that Sioux Falls Hummer has two on the lot, and I can verify and get a salesman name if that would help.

I also agree with the prior advice to check out your local dealer thoroughly. The only reason I'd go out of town is to get one right away, because I know there are waiting lists at many dealers.

Kelley
Old 12-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

SJ - you indicated you regret getting the moonroof. How come?
Old 12-24-2002, 09:30 PM

JJ is off the scale

I agree as well, find one local at MSRP. I bought mine out of state due to issues with premium pricing at our only dealer. I always keep my business local but I refuse to pay beyond MSRP for any vehicle and have never had a problem with having the dealer incentive thrown out before dealing towards the final price.

PhilD - I checked with Hummer and if service for your H2 requires an overnight stay, then the dealer is supposed to offer you either a loaner from his stock (not necessarily an H2) OR a rental car. Hummer wants to be notified if any H2 owners have a problem in this regard. Issues with dealers are high on Hummer's list and these issues can affect the right to carry the product (H2) and/or the monthly stock of vehicles they are entitled to.. That is one reason why dealers are serious about the box you check on the new vehicle purchase dealer survey form.

JJ