H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pioneer AVIC Bluetooth Echo

I have had this echo since I first installed the unit months ago. I read on the AVIC411 site there are two possible resolutions to remove the echo. One is to install a software update, that will disable my Z1 flasher bypass, and I would have to revert to the newer bypass of adding a wire and grounding the wire. The other is to make sure, when pairing the phone to the unit, the phone earbud volume is set as low as it will go.
So, I tried the second option first. First, I removed the AVIC from my phone as a paired device, then went outside and did a Method 3 reset on the AVIC. This did away with some settings, and some other minor settings such as regional, and canceled the bluetooth connection to my phone's ID. It did not erase anything on the harddrive or the phone book.
I made sure my phone listening volume (not the ring volume, but the earbud volume is what it is called on my LG) was as low as it would go, then re-paired the phone to the AVIC.
I left the other settings the same; right speaker only, set to 5 or 6 for volume, and left the mic on the sun visor.
I then called three people, and no one heard an echo. In fact, the third person I called, has never allowed me to talk to him with the bluetooth, since the echo drove him crazier than he already is. However, today, he heard NO echo.
After you have paired the two devices together, you can then adjust your earbud volume up as high as you want to, and it does not affect the echo. When I made the three test calls, I had already turned the volume up to max.
So, if anyone has this echo, it appears this solution it works. At least for me it has worked, some on the AVIC411 forum stated it worked for them, some said it didn't.

The CD software update, form what people are saying, does allow you to turn the volume up a bit higher, but 6 is high enough for me, even at freeway speeds. I didn't feel like tearing the unit apart to do the new bypass; I'll wait till next spring when Pioneer is supposed to release a complete new software update for the Z1.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pioneer AVIC Bluetooth Echo

thats good news, i am not really having the echo problem because i got the speaker volume really low, but i would like it to be a bit higher, so im gona try this and see if it works. im already using the newer bypass so im gona do the software update too.

do you know where/how i can get the software update?

thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Hummer Guru

go to AVIC411.com and look for the bluethooth thread on updating using the CD. Ducatboy had the software update on his website.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:09 AM
Hummer Authority

thanks alot man! i visit that forum very rarely so it would have been a while till i found out about this.

i tried the volume lowering thing and it didnt work for me. since i already had the post july bypass i decided to do the cd update and it took like 10 minutes to burn to cd and to install on the nav. worked great no problems at all.

now i have both speakers on, the volume on the nav is set to a little under the max and no one hears an echo, except when they yell real loud. also i should mention i have the mic mounted in front the instrument cluster right infront of the speedometer near the middle of it.

again thanks alot for the info!!!

Last edited by marin8703 : 12-27-2006 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Hummer Authority

so to go off topic but did you ever figure out how to get rid of the alternator whine with onstar? after i switched some things around a while back i've been getting it. I remember you were workin on it, so just wondering if you figured something out. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
so to go off topic but did you ever figure out how to get rid of the alternator whine with onstar? after i switched some things around a while back i've been getting it. I remember you were workin on it, so just wondering if you figured something out. Thanks!

No need, I canceled Onstar.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Hummer Authority

haha, thats one way to fix it.