H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Hummer Novice

Colby is off the scale

I bought a used Vortech s/c setup (from a forum member actually) off an 03 for my 05. I've got it mostly installed, but I am running into an issue w/ getting a programmer. The programmer that came with the 03 kit is incompatible with my 05, superchips won't reprogram it to my car, and Vortech won't sell me one from their '05 kit. They use Predator progammer w/ a custom program straight from Diablosport. So I contacted them requesting a programmer w/ the s/c program on it, and they have not called me back. So frustrating. Anyways, I live in Indiana and my next step (which I would've done even if I got the Predator programmer) is to call Lingenfelter and see if they'll throw it on a dyno and tune/program it for me. My question is, what do they change? Do they mess with the a/f ratio, fuel trim, spark advance, etc or is all that left stock? The Vortech kit upgrades the fuel injectors to 8.1L, but the ECU will determine fuel injector pulse width automatically based on whatever the 02 sensors are telling it. Can I drive it w/o reprogramming it?

Colby
Old 03-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Colby:
I bought a used Vortech s/c setup (from a forum member actually) off an 03 for my 05. I've got it mostly installed, but I am running into an issue w/ getting a programmer. The programmer that came with the 03 kit is incompatible with my 05, superchips won't reprogram it to my car, and Vortech won't sell me one from their '05 kit. They use Predator progammer w/ a custom program straight from Diablosport. So I contacted them requesting a programmer w/ the s/c program on it, and they have not called me back. So frustrating. Anyways, I live in Indiana and my next step (which I would've done even if I got the Predator programmer) is to call Lingenfelter and see if they'll throw it on a dyno and tune/program it for me. My question is, what do they change? Do they mess with the a/f ratio, fuel trim, spark advance, etc or is all that left stock? The Vortech kit upgrades the fuel injectors to 8.1L, but the ECU will determine fuel injector pulse width automatically based on whatever the 02 sensors are telling it. Can I drive it w/o reprogramming it?

Colby

If you want to be sure call Allen Nelson at Nelson Performance or if you are more of a do-it-youself guy, check out HPtuners.com
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by W1N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colby:

Colby

If you want to be sure call Allen Nelson at Nelson Performance or if you are more of a do-it-youself guy, check out HPtuners.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... Nelson Performance ROCKS!!!! If it needs tuned, they can do it and the price is right!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Colby, it should be safe to drive, but stay out of the gas. You don't want to go lean, or have a timing issue, both of which could pop a piston.

LPE should be able to dyno it for you. Nelson has great stuff.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

BLH2 is off the scale

another good source is PCM4LESS. speak to Bryan he is a great guy, and knows his stuff
Old 03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Allen Nelson hands down. He can create a custom tune for you that is far superior to any canned tune. You can purchase HP tuners software if you want to make tweaks yourself, or just have Allen tweak it for you and send you a new pcm. Did that kit come with some sort of fuel pressure booster--a fmu or an extra fuel pump? didn't see you mention that very important part of the system.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Hummer Novice

Colby is off the scale

The '03 came w/ an extra fuel pump, the '04/05 didn't. The 03-05's came with bigger injectors though. I would assume Vortech knew what there were doing when the designed their kits. But I did install an EGT gauge to watch for a lean condition. I filled out the Nelson custom tune request. Sounds like he's the man to make my truck run like it should!

Colby