H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Novice

robd1 is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of buying an H2, opinions needed!

Hi guys, I?m new to the forum and seeking advice and/or any comments to help me make the decision to buy a H2 SUT or not. In the last 3 years, I?ve been very happy with both of my vehicle purchases but here I am thinking about trading again so I guess I?m still not satisfied. I?m tired of taking a financial beating every time I trade out of a vehicle so I want something that I will hopefully be happy with for years to come.

A few years ago I bought an Infinti G35 coupe which I loved. It was a blast to drive but it turned out not so practical for me since I need a truck bed occasionally. Forsaking my lust for sports cars, I traded it for a loaded ?05 Ford F150 Lariat extended cab. It has less than 4k miles on it now and I have no complaints about it. I actually love the truck, yet for some reason, I am thinking about a Hummer now.

I know I will take another huge beating for trading out of my truck so soon and I need to end the madness. If there are any H2 owners out there that can encourage/discourage my decision, any input is appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by robd1 : 05-14-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:00 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of buying an H2, opinions needed!

two weeks ago i traded in an 04 fully loaded avalanche for an 06 H2 LUX and have to admit the H2 is a much nicer truck than the avalanche. I had an 03 and 04 avalanche. Like the ad says "like nothing else"
Old 05-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Why do you want an H2?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Hummer Novice

Roadstar is off the scale

All I can add is that I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. It was a hard decission. But I too wanted a car that I could rely on standing up to a beating for years to come. I decided to go for it and can say I am completely satisfied. I have owned several jeeps: 2 cherokees, a wagoneer, and a liberty, as well as a bmw. The hummer is definately the best car I have ever owned. It drives almost as nice as the bmw did. I guess you could say it is the truck style bmw. I am so happy I bought the car and look forward to having it for many years. Good luck with your shopping
Old 05-14-2006, 03:19 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on how large A "truck bed" you require occasionaly, the SUT bed is rather small, i.ve seen bigger beer coolers, but it does have A midgate to open up the back seat area to increase the size. Fuel mileage can be an issue, but the way I see it if you love what you drive who cares about spending A few extra dollars on fuel. The best part is your ready to go enjoy trail rides and the backcountry right out of the box with no modifications and still drive it to work monday morning. The most important part no Blue Oval on the grille. I'm not an owner but I work on Hummers on A daily basis and I would say 95% or better of the owners I talk to love their truck. I can recommend an H-2 to anyone and still sleep at night.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Elcova Newbie

Toxic is on a distinguished road

Hey Rob,

Have you taken an H2 for a test drive yet? That's probably all you need in order to decide.

Two weeks ago my wife and I took a 2006 H2 LUX for a test drive and we couldn't resist coming home with it. Best snap decision I ever made. My wife likes it every bit as much as I do. She initially thought that she'd prefer a new Escalade, but that thought quickly evaporated after the H2 test drive.

New vehicles are always cool no matter what you get, but none that I've ever had have impressed me as much as our new H2.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Just BUY ONE

No need second guessing...COOLEST VEHICLE EVER
Old 05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale
Wink Re: Thinking of buying an H2, opinions needed!

rob,,,i bought an 03 h2 in 02...still have the same truck and the joy of driving it has not fadded.....take your test drive......then try and figure what color your gonna like for the next few years...........good luck and let us know how you make out..................soft...
Old 05-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob

I have a 03 Hummer H2 that I bought in August of 02. It has been the best vehicle I have every own.

If you are looking for a safe vechile for your family, I can tell you just how safe the Hummer is. My wife and I were hit by a Drunk Driver in December of 02, just a short time after buying the Hummer. we were stoped at a red light, and the Drunk Driver ran into the back of my Hummer going 60 + MPH. The Drunk Driver was pass out when she his us, she hit right into my SMA Tire Carrier. If it was not for us having the Hummer we would have been killed in the Accident.

The Dealership fixed my Hummer up for me, by looking at it and driving it you can not tell that the Hummer was every in a Accident. I Off Road in it a lot and I have never had any problems with it. The Hummer is built very tuff.

Here is a link to pictures from my Accident, look at my Hummer and then look at the Jeep that hit me, the pictures will show you just how safe the Hummer is.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?m=5686084264&a=tpc&cdra=Y&s=2826088551&r=90 16071464&f=6706011751&q=Y
Old 05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Hummer Authority

since you said you occasionally need a truck bed for hauling, are you sure the Hummer is the way to go? I traded in my avalanche but also have a GMC pickup in case I need to haul something so I didnt lose anything by getting the Hummer. You can always get a small trailer to haul "stuff" when the need arises. I say get the hummer!

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Hummer Novice

robd1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. No, I haven?t done a test drive yet and mostly because I knew what would happen if I did, I?d buy it as long as it drove as well as well or better than my Ford Lariat. I did peek inside an H2 on a lot and I did not see the interior being any more luxurious that what I currently own at least initially. Then again if I were looking for luxury, I?d be looking to buy a luxury car instead of a truck/SUV. That or a SUV like the Lexus RX that my wife just bought yesterday. It?s a beautiful vehicle, but for me as my personal vehicle, no thanks.

I know the bed of the H2 SUT is small but it?s just right for me. I own a food service business and it?s perfect for throwing in a few boxes of this or that when my suppliers can?t fill an order and I have to buy local. I already have a small trailer for anything larger.

Thanks again for all of your input and I?m ready to give it a test drive. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to explain to the wife why I might be trading out of my current "new" vehicle for no real reason except that I like another one better. That's a conversation that I'm not looking foward to

Rob
Old 05-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought an 05 H2 SUT wioth 4k miles on it. I have never owned anything else besides pick-ups in the past, besides my work vans. My current truck is an 04 Ram Hemi with the leather Laramie package, Edelbrock shocks, and to be honest the H2 rides so much nicer. I was surprised being such a large vehicle. The bed on the H@ is really not a bed for me, considering I race motocross and take my streetbike to the track every once in a while. I will just have to buy a small fold up trailer to throw into my garage, since i sold my bigger enclosed trailer.

Once you drive it you will fall in love, I flew from Tampa to Dallas to pick one up and never even test drove one...
Old 05-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob - easy way to convince her, let her drive it.

Right, Ken?

Stacy
Old 05-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Hummer Professional

H2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your near Vegas check out www.thedrivevegas.com/
Old 05-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan
Rob - easy way to convince her, let her drive it.

Right, Ken?

Stacy
Yeah, but that's just not cool.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Mine is a daily driver and i love it, even around town i am getting 11.5 on it....going on a trip to Greenbrier this weekend for a convention, cant wait to see what it gets on the open road....

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 05-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

Best. Vehicle. Evahhhh.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

My opinion is you should buy one. Once you drive one youll only feel the need to upgrade when a new one comes out.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd1
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. No, I haven?t done a test drive yet and mostly because I knew what would happen if I did, I?d buy it as long as it drove as well as well or better than my Ford Lariat. I did peek inside an H2 on a lot and I did not see the interior being any more luxurious that what I currently own at least initially. Then again if I were looking for luxury, I?d be looking to buy a luxury car instead of a truck/SUV. That or a SUV like the Lexus RX that my wife just bought yesterday. It?s a beautiful vehicle, but for me as my personal vehicle, no thanks.

I know the bed of the H2 SUT is small but it?s just right for me. I own a food service business and it?s perfect for throwing in a few boxes of this or that when my suppliers can?t fill an order and I have to buy local. I already have a small trailer for anything larger.

Thanks again for all of your input and I?m ready to give it a test drive. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to explain to the wife why I might be trading out of my current "new" vehicle for no real reason except that I like another one better. That's a conversation that I'm not looking foward to

Rob

Need another incentive...PM me and I can get you a discount via GM in the Driveway. It is the same price as a major supplier, and you still get any rebates that may apply.