H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

badss98 is on a distinguished road
Question What type of programmer/tuner

I will be looking to purchase a tuner or chip for the h2 and was hoping i could get some response as to who had used them and how well they worked. HP increase, mpg, etc . I have not ruled out any one product so i do not have a favorite.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What type of programmer/tuner

I have used Hypertech and Superchips. Both have worked great. The Hypertech was little easier to program. If it's for an 08, I'm not sure though. I only have experience with the 03 to 07 trucks.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

badss98 is on a distinguished road

forgot to post year it is a 2007 Thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

DiabloSport Predator offers the most options and is the best IMHO. Also I believe it's the only one that allows disabling Torque Management. Another plus is Diablo can create custom tunes which they can email to you and you can then upload the tunes to the Preditor with your PC. Great support on their Forums as well.

The 93 octane stock tune made a huge difference in the performance of my H2 running on 85 octane fuel (that's right, 85 octane fuel!), but then I run at 9000 ft. elevation and only have 50-60% of the HP you guys have at sea level!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

8500lbs is on a distinguished road

I have been reading good things about the predator motorsports pcm. retail at 600. it claims to ad over 60 horse power?????? if true that is amazing. i have the superchips power programmer and cant wait to change.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I just got a quick glimpse of this but, I think "Bully Dog" has moved into the gas engine handheld tuner game. I think it was for setup and controller mounted on dash and change the tune as you run. It would do all the little tricks like 1/4, 1/8 mile times. HP torque on on.

Well it would be worth checking out. I do not think anyone has done the flash as you go on gas engines like has been done on diesel.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Hummer Professional

H2R is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What type of programmer/tuner

NELSONPERFORMANCE.COM for me! these guys know the stuff and have a good tech service.
1974 Corvette conv. (454ci)
31ft Gulf Craft Boat
Old 03-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

I got a dual tune (87/93oct) from Lyndon Wester of Westers garage & it made a HUGE difference. http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

I also have a 93HOT tune from Westers on my 2500HD (also 6.0L) & am very pleased w/ the performance gains I got with it.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If you do not want a handheld tuner that you can make adjustments yourself I would highly recommend NELSONPERFORMANCE.COM. I have known Allen Nelson for 3 years and I have never had a complaint from any customer I have sent him. He is extremely professional and works hard to listen to how you plan to use the H2 and get you a good tune to match.

If you need to be able to adjust for different things you may use H2 for then, a very good handheld will give you a chance to do that. Chips and customs tunes lock you in to what you ask for out of the tune and that is all you get. Just a matter of are you a tinkier or would rather just get a good all around tune and leave it alone.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500lbs
I have been reading good things about the predator motorsports pcm. retail at 600. it claims to ad over 60 horse power?????? if true that is amazing. i have the superchips power programmer and cant wait to change.

I find it very hard to believe a 60hp increase from just a tune. $600 for a mailorder tune???!!! I charge half that for a custom tune where I hook up a wideband and actually drive arround for a few hours.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by badss98
I will be looking to purchase a tuner or chip for the h2 and was hoping i could get some response as to who had used them and how well they worked. HP increase, mpg, etc . I have not ruled out any one product so i do not have a favorite.

If you're interested, I have a superchips tuner that I'll sell cheap. There is one catch though. It'll have to be sent back (and I'll do it if you want) to Superchips to be reset.

There is NOTHING wrong with the unit, it's just that I had it programmed to my H2.

When I installed the supercharger, I sent my ECM to Nelson performance to be reprogrammed BEFORE I removed the Superchips tuning.

Anotherwards, the tuner is programmed with my VIN# and Superchips wants 100 bucks to remove it.

Let me know if you're interested. It's not a big deal to have them reset it, I just haven't done it since I have no use for it.

Mark
Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

I also find it hard to believe but i cant really argue with dyno's. i have never heard of a 60+ HP gain with out going forced induction. I have talked to them and obviously they back it up but i have yet to hear of anyone with the CPU. Still looking though because i might sell my superchips programmer and get one.

thanks
B

P.S. what numbers do you get and where are ya Located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsq99f4
I find it very hard to believe a 60hp increase from just a tune. $600 for a mailorder tune???!!! I charge half that for a custom tune where I hook up a wideband and actually drive arround for a few hours.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Hummer Novice

ROUGHRIDER is on a distinguished road

I have the Predator Motorsports pcm. I could NOT really tell any (seat of the pants) differance! My 2006 H2 sut still wont spin the tires, catch a 2nd or even out run the slow azz F-150 4x4. Alough it runs better when I burn 93oct than 87.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

after engine mods I have heard you should always run 91 or higher. Plus after I did the superchips it says to only run 91 or higher. If you didnt notice the seat in your pants power then I would say it is not a 64 HP gain. One should really feel a 64 HP gain.

B
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

60 hp from just a tune on a stock H2 is not possible. with a mild cam and ported heads ,headers,and a tune your probably only going to get 100 hp bump . I have to call BS on a 60 hp tune.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

This question is for those with the Dual Tune

The 87 and 91 or 93 tune. How does it work. with a programmer you can just change the tune, this is what I do when I cant buy 93 octane. I plug it in and retune in about 5 to 10 min. I do this because I am afraid of Detenation or other problems. How does a dual tune work, does it have programmer to change setting from 93 to 87 or what????

Thanks
B
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road

I'm using a Jet Chip, it works pretty good.
2001 F-350 Dually 4X4
2007 Cobalt 252
2009 Monaco Camelot 42'
2006 Yamaha Rhino
2006 Suzuki King Quad 700