H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

A bunch of folks I know including myself are heading out on a little trip of the Copper State especially if you are from the Phoenix/Tuscon or Flagstaff areas, Would be awesome to have a few more H3's with us in attendance will be an asortment of Nissan Xterras, pathfinders and Frontiers as well as a few Toyota's and of course myself the Lone H3. Will be a great time so if any other Owners would like to go with us Please PM me for contact information.
The is a copy of the original post I recieved.

This will be a fairly easy overland Expedition style run that will cover a lot of offroad miles and take you from Pine, to Red rock, to historic mining towns and end up in Sonoran Desert by Lake Pleasant. This is a go / camp / go style run starting on Thursday night and ending Sunday afternoon.

The goal for this year is to be a mini-run as a trial and then next October will be a full blown- week long event covering even more of the Copper State - exploring the different terrain and getting away from it all. The trails will be moderate to try and stave off the breakdown’s and allow a variety of people to make the run. Your rig doesn’t have to be heavily modified to enjoy offroading and camping in Arizona. (although it doesn’t hurt)
*We would prefer attending trucks have a slight suspension or body lift, rock sliders, under carriage armor and good approach/ descent angles. ( We already Have more Clearance than most attending!)

2005 “mini” Expedition Arizona itinerary:

Thursday, Oct. 6th: Meet at Schnelby Hill Rd and do a short night run to find a camp spot. Welcome dinner.

Friday, October 7th: Finish Schnelby Hill Rd - Broken Arrow trail - Lunch break in Sedona - Greasy Spoon or Oak Creek trail - Camp

Saturday, October 8th: Head to Jerome and set up camp on Mingus Mountain- Smiley Rock trail - Visit Jerome - Mingus Mountain trail - Camp

Sunday, October 9th: Use backroads to travel from Jerome to Crown King - Crown King (north to south) - Head home.

Meeting spots: The main meeting spot will be at the Carefree Chevron on Thursday, but if you can’t make it until Friday you could meet us at the Broken Arrow trailhead in Sedona. If you can’t meet us until Saturday, there is a spot in Jerome that you could join up with us.

Gas + provisions: You’ll need to carry your food, drinks etc but there will be plenty of opportunities for fuel along the way, so hauling gas won’t be necessary but feel free to if that’s what you usually do. Depending on how many people attend, we can arrange group food nights.
*If you’d like a sample checklist of things to bring / things needed, email me and I will get it to you.

Camping: It will all be free, but please note that there will be at least one night when a night time setup is scheduled - depending on our timeframe, there could be another so I would suggest organized packing, sleeping on a mattress or pad in your truck and try to be vehicle reliant. We will be

Trails: None of the trails are too difficult. All can be done with stock SUV’s if you’re careful, although some ground clearance (and decent driving) will make sure you get through without body damage. Smiley Rock trail poses the most threat due to a stretch of a rocky area. It can be navigated by a stock vehicle and good lines.

A lot of offroading miles will be covered- It's gonna be fun! So come out and Join us
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

A bunch of folks I know including myself are heading out on a little trip of the Copper State especially if you are from the Phoenix/Tuscon or Flagstaff areas, Would be awesome to have a few more H3's with us in attendance will be an asortment of Nissan Xterras, pathfinders and Frontiers as well as a few Toyota's and of course myself the Lone H3. Will be a great time so if any other Owners would like to go with us Please PM me for contact information.
The is a copy of the original post I recieved.

This will be a fairly easy overland Expedition style run that will cover a lot of offroad miles and take you from Pine, to Red rock, to historic mining towns and end up in Sonoran Desert by Lake Pleasant. This is a go / camp / go style run starting on Thursday night and ending Sunday afternoon.

The goal for this year is to be a mini-run as a trial and then next October will be a full blown- week long event covering even more of the Copper State - exploring the different terrain and getting away from it all. The trails will be moderate to try and stave off the breakdown’s and allow a variety of people to make the run. Your rig doesn’t have to be heavily modified to enjoy offroading and camping in Arizona. (although it doesn’t hurt)
*We would prefer attending trucks have a slight suspension or body lift, rock sliders, under carriage armor and good approach/ descent angles. ( We already Have more Clearance than most attending!)

2005 “mini” Expedition Arizona itinerary:

Thursday, Oct. 6th: Meet at Schnelby Hill Rd and do a short night run to find a camp spot. Welcome dinner.

Friday, October 7th: Finish Schnelby Hill Rd - Broken Arrow trail - Lunch break in Sedona - Greasy Spoon or Oak Creek trail - Camp

Saturday, October 8th: Head to Jerome and set up camp on Mingus Mountain- Smiley Rock trail - Visit Jerome - Mingus Mountain trail - Camp

Sunday, October 9th: Use backroads to travel from Jerome to Crown King - Crown King (north to south) - Head home.

Meeting spots: The main meeting spot will be at the Carefree Chevron on Thursday, but if you can’t make it until Friday you could meet us at the Broken Arrow trailhead in Sedona. If you can’t meet us until Saturday, there is a spot in Jerome that you could join up with us.

Gas + provisions: You’ll need to carry your food, drinks etc but there will be plenty of opportunities for fuel along the way, so hauling gas won’t be necessary but feel free to if that’s what you usually do. Depending on how many people attend, we can arrange group food nights.
*If you’d like a sample checklist of things to bring / things needed, email me and I will get it to you.

Camping: It will all be free, but please note that there will be at least one night when a night time setup is scheduled - depending on our timeframe, there could be another so I would suggest organized packing, sleeping on a mattress or pad in your truck and try to be vehicle reliant. We will be

Trails: None of the trails are too difficult. All can be done with stock SUV’s if you’re careful, although some ground clearance (and decent driving) will make sure you get through without body damage. Smiley Rock trail poses the most threat due to a stretch of a rocky area. It can be navigated by a stock vehicle and good lines.

A lot of offroading miles will be covered- It's gonna be fun! So come out and Join us
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

that sounds so very cool....But....I work most weekends and so does my husband. Have fun and be safe....take picutes to post so i can see what i missed. If any 1 day events come up or you all stop at a certain time for the 1 dayers to met up and enjoy just a little fun please let me no where and when
Old 09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn...just missed. We'll won't be arriving in Sedona until late on the 8th (for a week stay)!!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:49 PM

banshee13 is off the scale

Sounds really good...I've done alot of those routes previously in my old Landcruiser.

Too short of notice though..I'm booked on photo shoots the 7th & 8th. Was planning a camping trip with some friends the following weekend...not sure where we are going.

mark
http://www.markmorganphotography.us
Old 09-30-2005, 01:51 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

Sorry for the late notice as I have been in and out with all the Huricane issues happening Hard for me to keep up on whats going on myself.

Laura and Banshee check you PM's...please
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 PM

trading13 is off the scale

My H3 won't be here til mid to late Oct. And I'm moving that weekend anyway. But I'd love go on the next if you let me know. I'm in East Valley. Take lots of pics and let us know how it goes.