H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-17-2002, 03:35 PM

Alex is off the scale

After much contemplation I finally made the decision to redo the entire audio system in the H2. We began planning th system about a week ago a work began this Saturday. I have to admit it was a bit scary seeing only the steering wheel and passenger side airbag as the objects in the dash, but the guy working on the H2 is a expert, so I'm confident of his work. DON'T worry the H2 will not be altered in any way. Everything will remain stock.. well sort of. Wish me luck!
Old 12-17-2002, 03:35 PM

Alex is off the scale

After much contemplation I finally made the decision to redo the entire audio system in the H2. We began planning th system about a week ago a work began this Saturday. I have to admit it was a bit scary seeing only the steering wheel and passenger side airbag as the objects in the dash, but the guy working on the H2 is a expert, so I'm confident of his work. DON'T worry the H2 will not be altered in any way. Everything will remain stock.. well sort of. Wish me luck!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:22 PM

SJ is off the scale

Alex:

Man, when you chose the Title, "In the Shop," I thought something was wrong with your H2. This is elective surgery; glad to see it's nothing of a mechanical nature.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-17-2002, 11:53 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Alex-

What shop are you having do your audio install? I'd like to see it when it's finished. Maybe you can post some pics or maybe I can catch you out sometime and take a look. I appreciate a quality stereo installation and have a really good guy who owns Sound Advice out in Conroe. He did my last truck and will be doing my H2 when I finally get it.

-HUMMERDOGG
Old 12-18-2002, 01:02 PM

Alex is off the scale

SJ - Sorry for the confusion, but I'm glad it's elective surgery too!

Hummerdog - Yeah no problem. It should be done today or tomorrow, so anytime this weekend will work for me.

The install itself is just out of this world. I am doing the install in three stages just because I can't live without my H2 for that long. Right now (stage one) consists of coating the both door's innner and outer skin with extreme dynamat, clay, polyfil, and installing internal braces throught the door camber. Get this! They will be installing a 10" sub in place of the stock 6". I am installing the new Boston Acoustics Z series components ($1,000 a pair) co-axialy mounted in the door stock locations, a set of Boston's Neo tweeters in the stock pillar location (as recommended by Boston techs) and a Pro series 10 in the dash. I will be running a Alpine "fantom face" head unit (7897 I believe), and all Precision Power amps.

Opps almost forgot - e-mail me at alex.lopez@dal.frb.org to set some thing up. Later
Old 12-18-2002, 01:48 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

When it's done of course. . .we're not impatient. But, as SOON as it's done, okay?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"
www.sunspotnatural.com
Old 12-18-2002, 03:12 PM

Alex is off the scale

Tonkah2 - I will try an post some pictures as early as tomorrow. Some of the things Rick is doing are just undescribable. When all is said and done the Onstar will work through the new radio just like factory and I will still be able to use the factory steering wheel controls. And no one will ever imagine that there is a 10" sub located in the dash. Needless to say all stock locations will be kept, so it will all look completely stock, but not sound that way. : )

Hummerdog - I forgot to answer your question about the shop the H2 is at the Mobile one on I-10. Now I know what your thinking... (Mobile One?), but Rick the tech that is working on my H2 actually came from Kustom Car Stereo. He has at least seven cars featuted in audio magazines, but is now at the M1 running the install bay.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:47 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds like a nice install... I live off of West Gray between River Oaks and downtown. I'm off for the next 10 days starting on Friday so I will make it a point to give you a shout on the email.

Thanks.