H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Plant Layoffs

http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news...o-cut-160-jobs
Old 11-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H2 Plant Layoffs

"Experts say high gas prices may affect H2 sales to some degree, but what affects the vehicle most is its market-limiting price tag."

And non-experts say the other reason is the drivetrain and body are too old in the tooth. Drivetrain will change next year, and interior, but the body needs a drastic change. And, the release of the H3 just may have stolen some sales. Just my non-expert opinion.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
"Experts say high gas prices may affect H2 sales to some degree, but what affects the vehicle most is its market-limiting price tag."

And non-experts say the other reason is the drivetrain and body are too old in the tooth. Drivetrain will change next year, and interior, but the body needs a drastic change. And, the release of the H3 just may have stolen some sales. Just my non-expert opinion.

Interior....YES could be improved. But i sure as hell hope they dont go rounding off the exterior to look like some God damn everday SUV. The boxy shape needs to be kept. If not I should just by a Tahoe and add some offroad goodies. I know the suspension blows a Tahoes away but one of the appealing factors to me with the H2 is its "odd" look.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 11-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Hummer Guru

I am NOT saying to round it off, but there are changes that could be done to improve and add a new refreshed look to the vehicle. I'm not a designer so, I can't help, but changing the front end and adding HIDs, changing the back end and added LEDs.
Possible a temp spare could be used to save weight, , some large fender flares to make it look like a large H3 , with some automatic chrome retractable running boards with lights.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am NOT saying to round it off, but there are changes that could be done to improve and add a new refreshed look to the vehicle. I'm not a designer so, I can't help, but changing the front end and adding HIDs, changing the back end and added LEDs.
Possible a temp spare could be used to save weight, , some large fender flares to make it look like a large H3 , with some automatic chrome retractable running boards with lights.

No wait......
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe they should quit building the H2 and just build H3'sthen . $$$ will be the deciding factor of course.

It kicks ass, nothing on the planet can wear as many hats as it, and if its time is over, so be it. I got mine. H3 can't do what I need it to do, nor can JK, Rubicon, KY cruiser, etc. Maybe there are to few of "me's" out there for it to sell? Good, I (we H2 owners) am (are) rare.

My opinion is that we will see a comback w/ the new engine/interior, especially if it has a deisel option. You will get a buch of the contractor types and specialty blue collar guys types to give it a look.

Hopefully the exterior will remain mostly the same as I feel it can be a timeless design (like the Jeep). Therefore, acessories and parts interchangability will help it become the off road entusiast vehicle it should be. Of course new lights, bumpers, grilles, interiors, etc should happen, but if the chassis remains similar it will grow to be a legend like the Broncos, K5's and more recently XJ's have.

We will see!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Well if it has the automatic chrome retractable running boards with lights then where can I pre-order

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 11-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Maybe they should quit building the H2 and just build H3'sthen . $$$ will be the deciding factor of course.

It kicks ass, nothing on the planet can wear as many hats as it, and if its time is over, so be it. I got mine. H3 can't do what I need it to do, nor can JK, Rubicon, KY cruiser, etc. Maybe there are to few of "me's" out there for it to sell? Good, I (we H2 owners) am (are) rare.

My opinion is that we will see a comback w/ the new engine/interior, especially if it has a deisel option. You will get a buch of the contractor types and specialty blue collar guys types to give it a look.

Hopefully the exterior will remain mostly the same as I feel it can be a timeless design (like the Jeep). Therefore, acessories and parts interchangability will help it become the off road entusiast vehicle it should be. Of course new lights, bumpers, grilles, interiors, etc should happen, but if the chassis remains similar it will grow to be a legend like the Broncos, K5's and more recently XJ's have.

We will see!
yesh..... ditto.... yesh
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Quote:

We will see!

SUPER DITTO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave outside alone, add diesel option, and not change interior but add options for seating and console like 4 captains with full console. HID's outside for better visibiliy but, please leave outside look alone for everyday user and let each person add their signature to it and that keeps a whole other industry alive as well. I can't wait till i get another H2 to go with Show Queen to drive everyday with diesel in the new one and just run the wheels off it and it not be a super glamour girl. Even if I do not off road, which would not be the case, I would use it as a daily work truck in SUT or a H2 pickup model and it would go dirty a few more days like a work truck would. But, would be happy with regular old H2 wear it out and come back and buy the same one again not worried if it looked the same as the one I had 10 years ago, I buy a GM pickup truck for 25 years not for change in looks. The H2 meets the urge it causes inside ME to be used in different roles as represented by the hundreds of cases on this forum. Reference Pic of TAZ "Beastly Beauty" customized because that is what i felt like doing with it at the time. Next one would like 4 captains as no kids to haul and huge rear carrying space for cases of blueprints, tool chest, lock in box to carry items or luggage, and whatever else. They take rough edge off H2 and I can get by with a GM truck and a new 2008 Challenger R/T.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I say limited changes the exterior. Temp spare? What are you smoking! The two biggest areas in my opinion are interior and engine. The interior quality is laughable let's face it. The plastic door panels tell you everything you need to know. The engine is also a dog. Add a dura-max (which I think will not happen) and the 403 HP 6.2 Escalade enigne.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
SUPER DITTO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till i get another H2 to go with Show Queen to drive everyday ...

TAZ

Absolutley. I am a builder and mine IS my work truck daily driver. I have canvas seat covers and husky floor mats so it can get dirty without worries. It stays dirty for about two weeks at a time. Its geat for towing, yet its a heck of alot shorter than most 2500's or F250's, so I can park it easier in the city (belive it or not). Also its comfortable for taking clients/homeowners to lunch, and they like it as much as the laborers on the site. Then, when my wheeling urge comes on, I hop in and go. Just like my vette, I can drive it everyday reliably, then jump in it for a track day. No hours of tuning, preping, then towing, breaking, etc. The end result is I take it wheeling more than my "off road toy" that I just sold!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:23 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89vette
I say limited changes the exterior. Temp spare? What are you smoking! The two biggest areas in my opinion are interior and engine. The interior quality is laughable let's face it. The plastic door panels tell you everything you need to know. The engine is also a dog. Add a dura-max (which I think will not happen) and the 403 HP 6.2 Escalade enigne.

I bet they put that 6.2 in there and that new smaller diesel thats designed to fit the same dimensions as the current smallblock gas motor.

Tranny upgrade would be nice also!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
I bet they put that 6.2 in there and that new smaller diesel thats designed to fit the same dimensions as the current smallblock gas motor.

It has the same 6.2 and 6 speed tranny that's in the current slades and whatnot. I'm guessing it will have DOD.

I'm betting average HWY pushing 17MPG
Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
It has the same 6.2 and 6 speed tranny that's in the current slades and whatnot. I'm guessing it will have DOD.

I'm betting average HWY pushing 17MPG

That is amazing for a 6400LB vehicle! I'd probably stick with the gas then so its nice and quiet.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Make it look like an H3 did that hurt I thought the H3 was a small cheap imitation of an H2 .The REBEL
Old 11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I bet they put that 6.2 in there and that new smaller diesel thats designed to fit the same dimensions as the current smallblock gas motor. Not for a few years.

What Paragon said....
Can't speak for fuel mileage...yet.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyrebel
Make it look like an H3 did that hurt I thought the H3 was a small cheap imitation of an H2 .The REBEL

This coming from a guy whose genes come from his mom and her cousin Jimmy Bob.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
What Paragon said....
Can't speak for fuel mileage...yet.
I pulled that number out of my.... well out of the air. Just a guess.

We can get a stock H2 to average 13 on the Hwy easily right now. 3-4 MPG should be easily achieved with the new tranny and dropping 4 cyls from time to time.

It is still a big barn to be pushing down the hwy, but the combo of the extra ponies and the tranny should give it some more mileage.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe

No wait......
Stop it! I like my H2! If they change the body style I might as well go back to driving the F.O.R.D.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought F5 was funny....I want an H2 too