H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-09-2005, 05:06 AM

DICK-M is off the scale

I found a photo of a unit similar to what I would like to get and I am going to try to attach the photo .

Can anyone help me find out where I get a unit like the one in the picture but with out the large speakers.

What I would like to buy or have custom made is a 2-3 gage pod unit molded in to the stock pillar unit so it would match color and texture.

This is the first time I have tryed this so I hope it works & Thanks for any help I can get .
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 05:06 AM

DICK-M is off the scale

I found a photo of a unit similar to what I would like to get and I am going to try to attach the photo .

Can anyone help me find out where I get a unit like the one in the picture but with out the large speakers.

What I would like to buy or have custom made is a 2-3 gage pod unit molded in to the stock pillar unit so it would match color and texture.

This is the first time I have tryed this so I hope it works & Thanks for any help I can get .
Old 08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Where did you find that pic? I would say a good chance would be to contact them. Or buy a HUGE tac for that speaker hole!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:19 AM

h2sin is off the scale

looks like a tumor growing on your A-pillar
Old 08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

PM Rick. He may be able to help you:
HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Here's his still under construction web site:
http://www.hummercustoms.com/

Here's a thread on the pods:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/6706011751/m/9...371025921#5371025921
Old 08-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I will get with Our guy that deals with this stuff and see what he thinks. The tough part for an individual customizer is matching grain. Knowing the size of the gauge and number of gauges is not really a problem. That is one reason You do not see many companies building a product like gauge pods for a rig that there are not enough of the owners that are going to have use for them. The more used that item is they can make molds out of clay or bondo and draw the grain in it. We make molds to some degree but, the man hours in it is just not cost effective for just a few items. Usually it is figured into the overall cost of the customizing project. On my own project We are having to look at possibly removing grain from all the matching pieces so it mantains a theme of some sort. Basicly go to a smooth surface when You have 2 A pillars, 2 B pillars, and 2 C pillars. You still have grain in the rig but those 6 pieces look a like so it has continuity.
I will look into it. there is one other thing though. You do have a speaker in those A pillars up front. The piece would have to incorporate the tweeter. You could most likely add 3 2 1/2" gauges with the tweeter in the bottom still. The smaller the gauge You can use makes it easier to look more fitting with the interior unlike that huge bulb in the pic.
I will go ahead and email that pic and get ideas.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-10-2005, 01:07 AM

DICK-M is off the scale

Thanks Very Much for the help. I have a 8" Kenwood Navagation & Back-up Camera Screen in that corner, so I don't know if a three pod unit would look good & fit, but I'm fairly sure from the one in the pictue that a two pod unit would be good.
One of the gages I am looking to put in the pod is a tire pressure/temperature monitor with these measurements.
Attached Images