H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM Extended Warranty Cost (revisited)

Ok so with the warranties that everyone is talking about, does that cover EVERTHING? I want to supercharge and if the warranty would still cover everything, that would be great. Also, I want to make sure that if I extend my warranty, it covers evrything like GM would. From what I have seen, GM is awesome with warranty work. Thats a major reason I went with my Hummer over a new Dodge CTD. Doge is AWFUL about warranty stuff. I just want to make sure that if my nav screen went on the fritz, or something like that, a NEW unit would go in. i know that some warranty places reserve the right to use USED parts to make a repair!
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

ASTAR,
Follow DDWH's link and poke around. It answers your questions. In fact, I'll save you two clicks to get to this page:

http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmppfaq.html

where it describes what's not covered.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Although it does not say it directly, I'm pretty sure Supercharging voids your engine and drivetrain warranty...

Quote:
WHAT'S NOT COVERED BE MAJOR GUARD?
Maintenance services (such as engine oil changes), physical damage, glass, lenses, sealed beams, lightbulbs, and tires. Components not installed by the factory including cellular phones, theft deterrent systems, or air conditioning. Exterior deterioration of bumpers, sheet metal, body panels, and parts. Carpet, hinges, trim, upholstery, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings or bright metal. Air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, weather-strips, squeaks, rattles, paint, rust, carburetor, throttle body assembly (except injectors), contaminated fuel system, exhaust system, catalytic converter, brake rotors, brake drums, shock absorbers, and batteries. Everything else is covered!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi2005

"Bumper to Bumper coverage (Zero Deductable) for 48 additional months, or 60,000 additional miles which ever occurs first, for $2,199.00 on your 2003 Hummer H2 with 39,159 miles and a supercharger".

AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, INC

Hummbebe, this is what I was talking about. It would be interesting to see what they would do in case of a failure. Try to get out of paying saying the 'charger did it or putting in some junkyard used tranny in it trying to get through the warranty peroid. Or if something happened to something like the nav screen or the air-ride air compressor, what they would do, how they would handle it.
I once had a Chvey truck and had bought an aftermarket warranty for it. The transmission went out and they jerked me around for 4 weeks before I was back on the road! I ended up paying the difference between the "used" tranny and having mine rebuilt. I was soooo mad and I swore I'd never buy an aftermarket warranty again!
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh, I get it. Sorry.

After what I saw Old Hiker go through in Reno at the dealership, and having to wait 48 hours for a GMPP adjustor to show up and give the OK on the repairs, I'd say the warranty service you receive from HUMMER is going to be very different from that of a third party warranty company.

So I guess it makes sense for cost to drive that decision. It's gonna suck no matter what
Old 10-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Hummer Novice

4OnFloor is on a distinguished road

Another vote for Fitchner Chevy. I've bought two extended warranties from them, giv'em a call.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a GMPP extended warranty through gmoutlet - $200 ded, 3 yr/30,000 for $1500. VERY happy. Took 20 mins on the phone.

They don't list 2003-2004 prices on their website.

Don't procrastinate, btw. I could have saved $50 if I paid by check (takes a few days) instead of CC. My warranty expires tomorrow.

Stacy
Old 10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

McHummer is off the scale

Just got my 2 year warranty last month. They will go lower if you pay a higher deductible. My deductible is $200 and the total was $1,780. But I heard prices went up October 1.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Zoomie is on a distinguished road

My 05 SUT is a GM buyback. GM extended the existing 3/36K warranty another year and 12K miles. Do I still have to buy an extended warranty before the 3/36K is up? I wouldn't think so, but I carry a jar of Vaseline whenever I deal with dealers & warranties.

Also, I am eligible for GM supplier discounts. Do these apply to to extended warranties? Will the savings, if any, be better than the prices offered at the the Black Pontiac Cadillac web site, which, btw, is now out of date.

Thanks!
GONE:
2001 Vette convert Black on Black on BlackWHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?
2002 Trailblazer (Wife's)
Old 12-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Zoomie is on a distinguished road

Anybody???? I think there's an echo in here....
GONE:
2001 Vette convert Black on Black on BlackWHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?
2002 Trailblazer (Wife's)
Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Hummer Novice

PRD2SRV-H2 is on a distinguished road

Was wondring if there is any new info out there about warranties. I have a 05 H2 with 16,300 miles on it so I am not even close on the miles but I am coming up on 36 months. Any info anyone has on extended warranties would be greatly appreciated.