H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

totally NooB questions...

so is a hummer a GMC 100%

where is it made?

plant location?

i'm used to VWs and BMWs and the labor rates for a BMW are insane!!! how reliable is a hummer? is a hummer just a GMC in different clothes?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

where is it made?

plant location?

i'm used to VWs and BMWs and the labor rates for a BMW are insane!!! how reliable is a hummer? is a hummer just a GMC in different clothes?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

The H3 is made by General Motors. We build it along the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon and Isuzu Pickup in Shreveport, Louisiana. That's why it why it has the I5 motor. The Colorado and Canyon areinto the 3rd year of production and have good quality marks. This should carry over to the Hummer. I believe that the North American content is about 85 to 90 percent. All though the H3 is built along with the pickups and shares some parts, they are quite different vehicles.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer3 is off the scale

Sticker on window says 85% USA and Canadian content. That's what I'm talkin about. Good stuff.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer3:
Sticker on window says 85% USA and Canadian content. That's what I'm talkin about. Good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canadian content.....It must be geeewd!

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, Canadian content, maybe I won't get one now

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-25-2005, 03:43 AM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bender:

where is it made?

plant location?

i'm used to VWs and BMWs and the labor rates for a BMW are insane!!! how reliable is a hummer? is a hummer just a GMC in different clothes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont believe dez mofoz, all the H3 is, is a Chevy Colorado wif bigger tires tons of extra weight and a POS weak 260HP engine.

Highs: Full Hummerness in a handier caliber, tight turn circle, confident rock crawling with "granny gear."

Lows: Semiadequate five substituting for a real engine, semiadequate rear-seat comfort, hopelessly inaccurate gas gauge.

The Verdict: Stick a smaller thumb into the Sierra Club's eye.

fore pages to be readn.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&ar...d=9742&page_number=1

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots
Old 07-25-2005, 05:10 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlingBlingH2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bender:

where is it made?

plant location?

i'm used to VWs and BMWs and the labor rates for a BMW are insane!!! how reliable is a hummer? is a hummer just a GMC in different clothes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont believe dez mofoz, all the H3 is, is a Chevy Colorado wif bigger tires tons of extra weight and a POS weak 260HP engine.

Highs: Full Hummerness in a handier caliber, tight turn circle, confident rock crawling with "granny gear."

Lows: Semiadequate five substituting for a real engine, semiadequate rear-seat comfort, hopelessly inaccurate gas gauge.

fore pages to be readn.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&ar...d=9742&page_number=1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, are your fake gold teeth making you speak this way?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I would never get into the my car is better than your car discussion. I've said my entire life, if you like it, buy it ~ you'll never please everyone (and rarely do my wife and I agree on cars - the H3 was rare), especially with a Hummer. For those of us that need the off-road capability, there's nothing in its class with this level of comfort and economy, and no one buys a Hummer for g force stop light response. Some posts really don't merit a response.
Last night I had my first "Hummer Incident," while parked at Lowes in Osage Beach, MO. Someone wrote in lipstick on the passenger window "GAS GUZZLER." First, I'm glad it was just lipstick and came off easily, and second, it's a tribute to the designers that the uninformed think it looks like our big brother the H2.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You should have called the police and had them scrape it off. You just never know when that evidence would come in handy for something else that person might have done around there and that would put them at the scene. Seeing as how the dumb broad would have left some epithelial cells along with her lipstick.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:14 PM

hyperion78 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlingBlingH2:

where is it made?

plant location?

fore pages to be readn.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&ar...d=9742&page_number=1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH please for the love of god tell me you don't go to Uloho's! That's worse than putting APC **** on your car
Old 07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

The day I believe an article about an American made product in Car and Drive (especially a non-performance orientated vehicle) will be the same day I listen to what someone, who can't write English, says about a vehicle; which is NEVER.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:05 AM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
The day I believe an article about an American made product in Car and Drive (especially a non-performance orientated vehicle) will be the same day I listen to what someone, who can't write English, says about a vehicle; which is NEVER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yall dont hav to beleavn dem car and driver doods, check out deez nutz...

Ground Clearance: 9.1 in.
Curb Weight: 4700 lbs.
Gross Weight: 5850 lbs.

Base Number of Cylinders: 5 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 5 Horsepower: 220 hp
Max Horsepower: 5600 rpm Torque: 225 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 2800 rpm Maximum Payload: 1150 lbs.
Maximum Towing Capacity: 4500 lbs. Drive Type: 4WD
Turning Circle: 37 ft.

Fuel Tank Capacity: 23 gal.
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Manual: 16 mpg / 20 mpg Automatic: : 16 mpg / 19 mpg
Range in Miles: (City/Highway)
Automatic: 368 mi. / 437 mi. Manual: 368 mi. /
460 mi.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/hummer/h3/100512301/spe...ftsidenav..8.HUMMER*

here are dem performance numberz

0-60, sec (mfr) 8.9
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...h3/index1.html

ACCELERATION: Seconds
Zero to 30 mph: 3.3
40 mph: 5.0
50 mph: 7.4
60 mph: 10.2
70 mph: 13.5
80 mph: 18.2
90 mph: 26.1
Street start, 5-60 mph: 10.5
Top-gear acceleration, 30-50 mph: 5.2
50-70 mph: 7.2
Standing 1/4-mile: 17.8 sec @ 79 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 97 mph
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&ar...d=9742&page_number=4

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots
Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

you're such a fool blingbling and the only reason why i would lower myself to reply to such an idiot when my intelligence far exceeds yours is that the amount of miller lite flowing through my veins has lowered my tolerance for morons.

the H3 is not a "hummer" in the pure sense of an original H1. its not meant to be. its a mid-size (borderline large) SUV with off-road capabilites that far exceeds that of any other production vehicle that is not modified. it competes with a market segment that is looking for a vehicle that looks unique and is functional. not to mention its ability to go off-road with ease for those that desire.

the hummer is GM
a mercedes is chrysler
a jaguar is ford
etc.

the H3's MPG rating rivals that of many other trucks/SUVs on the market.

"hummer" is its badge. it was purpose-built for doing what it does best...unique lines wiht excellent off-road capabilities.

over-priced? do some research bro cause its base price is only ~$29,000.

i'd show you more respect if you actually had a legit argument or made some intellignet posts with critical thinking skills. however, you lack both and your sig speaks volumes of your lack of credibility.

feel free to counter-post as i would love to debate with you cause i guarantee i will own you with every stupid post you make.

peace
Old 07-31-2005, 04:06 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer is owned by GM, but always made in the past at the same place....AMG plant in Mishawaka, Indiana. While some standard GM parts are utilized, you won't find anything in the GM fleet that resembles a Hummer - be it H1, H2 or H3.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:08 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Bling, have you completed that "Get your G.E.D" night course yet? Your stupid repetive rants are becoming redundant.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

you're such a fool blingbling and the only reason why i would lower myself to reply to such an idiot when my intelligence far exceeds yours is that the amount of miller lite flowing through my veins has lowered my tolerance for morons.

the H3 is not a "hummer" in the pure sense of an original H1. its not meant to be. its a mid-size (borderline large) SUV with off-road capabilites that far exceeds that of any other production vehicle that is not modified. it competes with a market segment that is looking for a vehicle that looks unique and is functional. not to mention its ability to go off-road with ease for those that desire.

the hummer is GM
a mercedes is chrysler
a jaguar is ford
etc.

the H3's MPG rating rivals that of many other trucks/SUVs on the market.

"hummer" is its badge. it was purpose-built for doing what it does best...unique lines wiht excellent off-road capabilities.

over-priced? do some research bro cause its base price is only ~$29,000.

i'd show you more respect if you actually had a legit argument or made some intellignet posts with critical thinking skills. however, you lack both and your sig speaks volumes of your lack of credibility.

feel free to counter-post as i would love to debate with you cause i guarantee i will own you with every stupid post you make.

peace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great answer.
I would guess we should just ignore this idiot and maybe he will go back to whatever little hole in the ground he came from. Obviously he is here just to p***s us off. Even the specs he gave in the post show this is more than a normal GM truck.
He probably tried to purchase one and the finance company would not finance it until he got a job, and now he is upset.
Since he only posts a once or twice a week, that would indicate he (bling) is using the public library to post; probably to get in an cool off from the street he lives on.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:30 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerJim:
... Last night I had my first "Hummer Incident," while parked at Lowes in Osage Beach, MO. Someone wrote in lipstick on the passenger window "GAS GUZZLER." First, I'm glad it was just lipstick and came off easily, and second, it's a tribute to the designers that the uninformed think it looks like our big brother the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">Hey we should make up a window sticker that says "I bet my H3 gets better gas milage than your SUV!"</span>
Attached Images