H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Ernie Italy is off the scale

During Hypertech programming...is not the first time... on H2 display i seen "Reduced Engine Power". What happen ??
It's the first time but during the normal driving, also on offroad, do not appear ?
Hypertech problem ?
Call Hummer dealer ?

Thanks..
Old 11-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Hummer Professional

During Hypertech programming...is not the first time... on H2 display i seen "Reduced Engine Power". What happen ??
It's the first time but during the normal driving, also on offroad, do not appear ?
Hypertech problem ?
Call Hummer dealer ?

Thanks..
Old 11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

Screeper is an unknown quantity at this point

If it is during the programming dont worry about it. If it is after the programing, you might have a problem.
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Did your service engine soon light come on? IF you do have a prob, you may want to reinstall the oem tune before going to the dealer just to be sure they don't hassle you.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Professional

Also after reinstall the stock tune, during writing the computer the "info" appear for a second. When close program and remove the connection all are normal
Old 11-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

NO WORRIES! It will flash service 4WD and service engine and reduced engine power and there was one more, but I cannot remember. If those codes apear after the install is completed, than worry about it.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Many thanks. Tomorrow I go for a trip on Tagliamento River in Italy. One of the best spot for Hummer... I'm the only one !!! Sometimes Humvee (very old). Its a place were our army goes to practice with tanks and soldiers many years ago... Mud sand, no rock as Moab, woods and water...
Thanks to all
Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernie Italy:
Many thanks. Tomorrow I go for a trip on Tagliamento River in Italy. One of the best spot for Hummer... I'm the only one !!! Sometimes Humvee (very old). Its a place were our army goes to practice with tanks and soldiers many years ago... Mud sand, no rock as Moab, woods and water...
Thanks to all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Be sure and post pics of your trip.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ernie timgco is correct. If the messages are there after the program do an immediate reinstall of factory tune. Then make sure You have all the fuses pulled like You are supposed to at programming. Make sure that all power using items are turned of, even a radar detector. You cannot have power drain if at all possible or it will pull up these DTC's You got and as timgco mentioned maybe more.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Turn off vehicle cellular and portable.... during the programming my portable have ringing....
Now after reinstall stock and reprogram no other message on H2 display.
The only DTCS that are reported anytime in B0229... Hummer says that is regarded AC... But I do not have any problem..

The only problem with H2 is the breakover angle... stuck one time yesterday with the bottom on the ground... but i can go where the other car can do (some lift car exclused ... Wrangler... Patrol... Defender) but only lift...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ernie You could have had a quick wierd thing that just for an instant tripped the code. You can unplug the positve cable for minutes and clear.
If You got a programmer then You should be able to clear.
Something that I have used for a couple years that I recommend is E/X Carchip. I got the more costlier one as it will plug into You OBD2 port and collect 300 hours of info and it has basic things You cannot change but, has 8 or so that You can scroll through and pick some items You want to monitor. You hook it to computer to download and then set chip to reset computer when You plug it in again. it will work on any rig from 1996 and newer.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

i remember reading somewhere in here,that you should have your battery hooked to a charger whenever programming the computer...